Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: 2020 NCAA Men's Basketball

Re: Loyola v. Illinois - I've never been happier to have my bracket busted!
    David
    Happy with what I have to be happy with.

Great Tournament, close games, interesting stories, bracket busting, etc.

Boy it's great to have it back this year!!

Quote Originally Posted by Camelogue View Post
    Great Tournament, close games, interesting stories, bracket busting, etc.

Boy it's great to have it back this year!!
    Yes indeed Iím so glad itís back too.

And wow, Oral Roberts beats Florida. Crazy !

Well...the Big Ten took a B1G steaming dump this year. Not taking anything away from the winning teams, but it does point up the fact that at this level, pretty much any team can beat any other on a given day. I guess that's one of the reasons the tournament is a favorite event for so many. I feel badly for Luka Garza, who was so great this year and last, but couldn't be expected to put the entire rest of the team on his back yesterday. He sure tried, though.

I still have Loyola to root for - go Ramblers!
    David

Quote Originally Posted by proggy_jazzer View Post
    Well...the Big Ten took a B1G steaming dump this year. Not taking anything away from the winning teams, but it does point up the fact that at this level, pretty much any team can beat any other on a given day. I guess that's one of the reasons the tournament is a favorite event for so many. I feel badly for Luka Garza, who was so great this year and last, but couldn't be expected to put the entire rest of the team on his back yesterday. He sure tried, though.

I still have Loyola to root for - go Ramblers!
    I honestly thought the Big 10 would dominate this tourney this year. Obviously I was way off the mark. I had 3 Big 10 teams going to the final 4. That ain't happening.

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    O-VER-RATE-ED
    Ian

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

Yeah, only one B1G team left now: Michigan.

But, holy crap. Look what the Pac 12 has done. They've got four teams in the Sweet 16: Oregon, Oregon St, UCLA, and USC. I'll bet no one saw that coming.

And how about Oral Roberts beating OSU & Florida?

The thing I noticed is how many games in the second round were won by double digits. 11 of 16 games! The worst of which was USC over Kansas: 34 pts... over Kansas???
    "For the near future, there are favorable implications in the fact that the recent reactions have not gone even as far down as the low point, which would have been normal."

Speaking of the B1G, four of their five teams that made it to the second round made it to the Sweet 16: Iowa, Michigan, Indiana, and Maryland. In their second round game, Northwestern was leading Louisville by 12 at the half. In the second half, Louisville dominated, outscoring NW 42-21.

If things continue going the way they have, it'll be UConn and Maryland in the final. The always dominant UConn is probably the favorite, given their usual dominance (they're currently 26-1) while B1G champ Maryland, is averaging over 91 points a game since the start of the season - including the tournament - and have seven games of at least 100 points! They are currently 26-2.

So if it does end up Maryland vs UConn in the final, it's going to be one hell of a game.
    "For the near future, there are favorable implications in the fact that the recent reactions have not gone even as far down as the low point, which would have been normal."

Yeah, the women's BB squads from all three state universities in Iowa have done well in the post-season. The team from UNI just lost in the WNIT semis to Ole Miss.
    David

Of course you have to grab your dick after that shot.
    NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF STUPID PEOPLE IN LARGE GROUPS!

And Baylor defeats Gonzaga. What a season!

Quote Originally Posted by Flightwave View Post
    And Baylor defeats Gonzaga. What a season!
    That was a beatdown right from the buzzer. Did not see that coming at all.

Me either. The game was over after 5 minutes. Wish I had known, I would have went to bed earlier.

Yeah, a fitting end to a bizarre tournament. Shows how difficult it is to go undefeated in today's CBB world, and also how tough it is to keep up that high level of intensity for two+ weeks. And just like Loyola, who played the perfect game against Illinois and then had a huge letdown against Oregon St, so with the Zags; hard to avoid a hangover after experiencing such a high in the previous contest. I wonder if anyone had anything close to a perfect bracket? Seems like a random generator would have had as good a chance, but I suppose that's often the case.
    David