Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Hidden album title in the lyrics (as opposed to the track list)

There are countless other album titles which bear no relationship to the band name, lyric content or a song title. A few examples just off the top of my head: Brain Salad Surgery, Leftoverture, Nursery Cryme, Octopus, Dixie Dregs Unsung Heroes, Steve Morse Band Out Standing In Their Field.......
    "Well my son, life is like a beanstalk, isn't it?"--Dalai Lama

Quote Originally Posted by progmatist View Post
    There are countless other album titles which bear no relationship to the band name, lyric content or a song title. A few examples just off the top of my head: Brain Salad Surgery, Leftoverture, Nursery Cryme, Octopus, Dixie Dregs Unsung Heroes, Steve Morse Band Out Standing In Their Field.......
    Countless indeed, but Brain Salad Surgery wouldn't be on that list. It belongs to the separate category of albums with title tracks that don't appear on the album itself (Gentle Giant The Power and the Glory, Elvis Costello Almost Blue and Imperial Bedroom; Mothers of Invention Absolutely Free, etc.).
    Hurtleturtled Out of Heaven - an electronic music composition, on CD and vinyl
    https://michaelpdawson.bandcamp.com
    http://www.waysidemusic.com/Music-Pr...MCD-spc-7.aspx

Quote Originally Posted by progmatist View Post
    Yeah, but that's not what the OP (moi, en occurrence ) had in mind, though Oct-opus refers of the 8 opus on the album and Nursery Cryme is clearly alluding to Musical Box. Leftoveture probably (I'm no expert) alludes to the two Opus tracks and possobly Cheyene Anthem

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Triscuits View Post
    Countless indeed, but Brain Salad Surgery wouldn't be on that list. It belongs to the separate category of albums with title tracks that don't appear on the album itself (Gentle Giant The Power and the Glory, Elvis Costello Almost Blue and Imperial Bedroom; Mothers of Invention Absolutely Free, etc.).
    Despite it not eing the OP's subject, this was also listed at the bottom of P1

Zep's House Of The Holly , Doors' Waiting For The Sun , Queen's Sheer Heart Attack , Spirogyra's Old Boot Wine, etc...
    Didn't this happen to Def Leppard early on, as well?
    Pretty sure AC/DC did that once or twice, but that's because of their albums not having the same track list on the domestoc and international markets
    Last edited by Trane; 06-05-2020 at 02:48 AM.
    my music collection increased tenfolds when I switched from drug-addicts to complete nutcases.

Rainbow - Rising - From Stargazer
    Rainbow - Stranger In Us All - From Black Masquerade, I believe

The Iron Maiden song mentioned earlier is Still Life, not Still Birth. It's the one with the back masking.
    Carry On My Blood-Ejaculating Son - JKL2000

I was recently reminded of Rumours on the Rebound, the Wigwam compilation album that takes its title from the lyrics of “The Item Is the Totem.”
    Confirmed Bachelors: the dramedy hit of 1883...

Quote Originally Posted by Trane View Post
    Zep's House Of The Holly
    The long-lost Zepp Christmas album - what a find that would be!

Quote Originally Posted by Trane View Post
    conversation over dinner last night....

When the album's title is taken from the lyrics inside a song rather than one of the song's title

for ex:

DSOTM >> from Brain Damage's lyrics.
    SEBTP >> from Moonlit Knight
    The Sweet's Desolation Boulevard >> from The 6-Teens
    Syd's Madcap Laugh - from Octopus
    Camembert Electrique >> from Dynamite

any more??
    Just watched the Japan-live dvd again and heard the song Cantonese Boy. And yes, Sylvian sings "Tin Drum" in it, the title of the album it comes from.

Cantonese boy
    Bang your tin drum

Flyte: Dawn Dancer (from "Your Breath Enjoyer")
    Suede: Dog Man Star (from "Introducing the Band")

Kavus Torabi: Hip to the Jag (from "My Cold Rebirth")
    Hurtleturtled Out of Heaven - an electronic music composition, on CD and vinyl
    https://michaelpdawson.bandcamp.com
    http://www.waysidemusic.com/Music-Pr...MCD-spc-7.aspx

Trick of light/Moving pictures/The way I used to be