Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: King Crimson | The Zappa Band - Tour

Quote Originally Posted by Spinaltap View Post
    I would love to see the Zappa band add Adrian Belew to the mix. He could do Frame by frame as a solo spot
    He could feature his hurt.

The eons are closing
    Quote Originally Posted by Spinaltap View Post
    I would love to see the Zappa band add Adrian Belew to the mix. He could do frame by frame as a solo spot
    Just so they can play Flakes and have Ade do his Bob impression.
    No one plans to take the path that brings you lower

Quote Originally Posted by MudShark22 View Post
    Just so they can play Flakes and have Ade do his Bob impression.
    City of Tiny Lites would be killer too.

If it isn't Krautrock, it's krap.

Seeing Keneally and Fripp on the same night, can't wait. Got some pretty good tickets.
    "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it."
    -- Aristotle
    Nostalgia, you know, ain't what it used to be. Furthermore, they tells me, it never was.
    “A Man Who Does Not Read Has No Appreciable Advantage Over the Man Who Cannot Read” - Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by markwoll View Post
    Seeing Keneally and Fripp on the same night, can't wait. Got some pretty good tickets.
    Cool! I hope I can get to a show.

Quote Originally Posted by unclemeat View Post
    He could feature his hurt.
    Actually ...

Belew posted how much these rumors hurt him, and he definitely doesn’t want fans directly addressing them with any discussion about Crimson.

It’s clearly a very painful separation for him.
    I want to dynamite your mind with love tonight.

Screen Shot 2020-02-20 at 8.46.27 AM.jpg

Adrian Belew and KC are playing one day apart in Ottawa.
    July 10 + 11

Screen Shot 2020-02-20 at 9.04.17 AM.jpg
    Last edited by znpnine; 4 Days Ago at 10:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by znpnine View Post
    Screen Shot 2020-02-20 at 8.46.27 AM.jpg

Adrian Belew and KC are playing one day apart in Ottawa.
    July 10 + 11

Screen Shot 2020-02-20 at 9.04.17 AM.jpg
    I'm out of the KC loop at the moment: are they still on speaking terms?
    -----------

"You have the option to drill additional holes in the label,
    causing the record to rotate off the side of the turntable"

-Tom Ellard - Severed Heads

Quote Originally Posted by Tangento View Post
    I'm out of the KC loop at the moment: are they still on speaking terms?
    Officially, yes, as far as I know. Fripp has proclaimed that Belew is the ninth member of King Crimson, in the same way that he had earlier said that Tony Levin was still considered a member of King Crimson during a period when he wasn't actually playing with them. Could be leaving the door open for Belew to return someday, or it could be, as I suspect, just a Band-Aid on the wound.

I'm not a fan of the idea of hologram performers, and cheering for a night light. But the pedigree of this band is fucking amazing and I would absolutely watch/listen to this with my entire face.

There will be no hologram.
    Last edited by Dave (in MA); 3 Days Ago at 09:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Triscuits View Post
    Officially, yes, as far as I know. Fripp has proclaimed that Belew is the ninth member of King Crimson, in the same way that he had earlier said that Tony Levin was still considered a member of King Crimson during a period when he wasn't actually playing with them. Could be leaving the door open for Belew to return someday, or it could be, as I suspect, just a Band-Aid on the wound.
    Levin came back when Trey Gunn left, so I guess Belew's best shot is Jakko leaving.

Quote Originally Posted by polmico View Post
    Actually ...

Belew posted how much these rumors hurt him, and he definitely doesn’t want fans directly addressing them with any discussion about Crimson.

It’s clearly a very painful separation for him.
    My post wasn't intended to cause any hurt for AB, it was an observation that would be totally funny for him to play with the Zappa band and do frame by frame. I think Frank would have got the joke and made it happen. I really wish AB was back in KC as JJ's vocals don't work for me

I'm exhausted with the same effin setlist from the last 3 tours. Plus, I'm sorry, Jakko is overrated. If Fripp ever brings Belew back, I will go. Until then.....

I'll take Jakko over Belew any day of the week.
    "If you want to see the true nature of humanity, just look at the internet."

http://www.discogs.com/user/moecurlythanu/collection

Quote Originally Posted by progman1975 View Post
    I'm exhausted with the same effin setlist from the last 3 tours. Plus, I'm sorry, Jakko is overrated. If Fripp ever brings Belew back, I will go. Until then.....
    Same set? Each go out they've added 2-3 new to old-new songs. While i personally can do without say Court and Epitaph and would like to see soundscapes/more wilder improvs return...all the criticism of this band, which plays from literally EVERY era of their work, is unfounded.

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by progman1975 View Post
    Setlist has varied every tour, they've change the interpretation of the music, they're playing stuff we never heard before Mel & Jakko joined. As long as they play a pre-Discipline heavy setlist then Jakko is much more suited than Adrian. Your fanboy is showing again.
    Ian

I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

Member since March 2004 mozo-pg's Avatar
    Jakko fits the current KC line up perfectly. He's highly musical (Bruised Romantic Glee Club, for example, is excellent) and his voice blends perfectly with the 70s material now played. I like his guitar playing too. Adrian just wouldn't fit into this approach, I never particularly liked his vocals but he's a brilliant guitarist/composer too.
    What can this strange device be? When I touch it, it brings forth a sound.

No bill rieflin this year, it’s the 7 man band, same as 2019. This per the DGM forum from their webmaster. Here’s hoping he’s back some time! His rather subtle contributions to the band are pretty cool - particularly that synth line he added on for level five during the “chorus” section

Quote Originally Posted by kenticus View Post
    No bill rieflin this year, it’s the 7 man band, same as 2019. This per the DGM forum from their webmaster. Here’s hoping he’s back some time! His rather subtle contributions to the band are pretty cool - particularly that synth line he added on for level five during the “chorus” section
    Bummer. I enjoyed Rieflin's contributions to the band.