Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Advent update PLEASE!

Advent update PLEASE!

I'm jonesing for the new album. Is there a tentative release date yet?

YES, Alan, tell us! You steal the day at last year's Homecoming Weekend and then leave us all hanging? (bet it feels good to know perople are waiting, though, right?)

Hi,

Thanks very much for the inquiry--as well as the very kind words in your follow-up message, Greg! The last year or so has been rather difficult for most of the band members, with virtually all of us being pulled away with important personal/family matters at one point or another, sometimes for an extended period of time. Although we've constantly been working on the new album in one form or other for the duration, the progress has been much slower than we'd hoped. Fortunately, the most important issues seem to have stabilized over the past few weeks and we've been able to get back into "high gear" mode once again. I'd say at least 85% of the album is tracked at this point and our goal is to finish the process over the summer. Allowing for at least a month or two of post-production/mastering, manufacturing, and other related tasks, I'd estimate the album being released in the fall--hopefully no later than late October or early November.

I think we've packed quite a bit in this time around and sincerely hope that you guys like the results. I'll definitely post an update once the recording phase is complete and we have a better idea of when the CD will be available.

Take care and thanks again,

Alan

I highly suggest friending Alan and following Advent on Facebook. He posts continuous updates on the band's recording process and it's really great. Also, they have the best t-shirt collection of any prog band on the planet!

But to do that you have to join Facebook.

Does it matter that this waste of time is what makes a life for you?

Are you guys going to add bonus tracks to the new release like you did with,"Cantus Firmus"? I would love to have a hard copy of, "Maginot Line", "In the Tree", and "BITB". This is my most anticipated release of the year! Echolyn and Mew are up there too.

Hi,

Thanks very much for the kind words! Sorry, but I'm afraid the new album will probably only have one short bonus track (a stripped-down arrangement of a tune on the album proper). We love those old tunes too but never recorded newer, higher-fidelity versions of "In The Tree" or "BITB"--and did not complete redoing "Maginot Line"--when we went into the studio session that produced the bonus tracks on Cantus Firmus. (I'm afraid there are also some technical issues that would make it difficult for us to go back and complete "Maginot Line" from that same 24-track studio session.) On the bright side, I have a very good feeling about the new album and really hope that you'll enjoy it too.

All the best,

Alan

Quote Originally Posted by florentine pogen View Post
    This is my most anticipated release of the year!
    Mine too.

Quote Originally Posted by AdventAlan View Post
    Hi,

I have a very good feeling about the new album and really hope that you'll enjoy it too.
    Still thinking fall, Alan?

Quote Originally Posted by bill g View Post
    Mine too.

Still thinking fall, Alan?
    Thanks a lot, Bill! We're shooting for fall--and definitely doing whatever we can to ensure that it's out this year.

All the best,

Alan

Good things come to those who wait. And I have no doubt that it'll be good!

Quote Originally Posted by AdventAlan View Post
    Thanks a lot, Bill! We're shooting for fall--and definitely doing whatever we can to ensure that it's out this year.

All the best,

Alan
    Sounds great. Fall seems like a great time for a new Advent album, recognizing great things can't be rushed!

Here's a recent performance of Advent as posted on the band's website http://www.adventmusic.net/archives/date/2019/12:

Quote Originally Posted by interbellum View Post
    Here's a recent performance of Advent as posted on the band's website http://www.adventmusic.net/archives/date/2019/12:

Greetings,

Thanks very much, Rene, for sharing this recent Advent video here. We're very excited about Tom (Hyatt) joining the band and getting back to playing live once again--and I hope we'll do a lot more of this in the coming year.

Now that we've got a stable full-band lineup and are playing live once again, we'll be getting back to work on new music again soon. We've still got a single that's fairly far along (and mostly recorded) and have several ideas in queue for the new Advent album as well. I'm optimistic that, with a stable full-band lineup now in place once again, things will move forward a lot more quickly.

All the best and thanks again to all for your support,

Alan

Take your time Alan. Your last effort was superb. Loved it!

I have Cantus Firmus in the car right now...been listening to it for the past week or two.....always LOVE returning to this every now and again.
    G.A.S -aholic

Greetings,

Thanks so much for you very kind words, guys! We'll definitely be working on more new material soon (and hopefully playing out quite a bit more this coming year as well).

All the best,

Alan

I love that video
    And the code is a play, a play is a song, a song is a film, a film is a dance...

Quote Originally Posted by Polypet View Post
    I love that video
    Thanks so much, Kim!

Of course the KENSO-shirt makes it perfect

Of course the KENSO-shirt makes it perfect
    It was a pleasure to have just come back from seeing KENSO in Japan with that shirt.

Cheers,

Alan

Banned
    Nice! Keeping the prog flame alive. Good luck with the next endeavors and if you manage to play in the Baltimore/Washington area I'll be there.

Quote Originally Posted by Buddhabreath View Post
    Nice! Keeping the prog flame alive. Good luck with the next endeavors and if you manage to play in the Baltimore/Washington area I'll be there.
    Thanks very much, Bill! Hope to see you down that way before too long. Cheers! -Alan

Thanks for posting this. What a nice surprise. I'm ashamed to say that I have not heard of this band. I'm definitely going to check them out.

They are very good, you won't be disappointed.
    And the code is a play, a play is a song, a song is a film, a film is a dance...

brief update (Tom's departure & new live video)

Hi again,

It's been a little while now and I wanted to share two recent updates:

1. Sadly, Tom ended up resigning from Advent last week due to changes in his personal circumstances (that essentially robbed him of the time needed to keep moving forward with the band's increasing live set and return to studio work). We loved working with Tom, both musically and as a friend, and we'll really miss having him in the band.

In order to maintain as much momentum as possible, Advent is making one significant "blitz" to find a new bassist--and if anyone here on PE is interested or can help, we'd appreciate it. For now, though, the band will be working in the studio once again and we hope to have at least a new single ready very soon.

2. We just posted another video from Advent's most recent performance (with Tom on bass) and would like to share it with all of you:

On behalf of the band, I sincerely hope that you enjoy this new clip.

Thanks a lot and best wishes,

Alan