Thread: Nektar-Space Invasion Live

West of Worcester (Western Massachusetts)

Nektar-Space Invasion Live

Saw this release at Newbury Comics but couldn't find any reviews (but 2 4.5 ratings on ProgArchives). Anybody seen/heard this CD/DVD

https://nektarmusic.bandcamp.com/alb...-invasion-live set from '11? Do Mo, Mick or Ron see any $ from this release? If so, I'm in.

Thanks for reminding me. I had to doublecheck when they're coming here.

Well, as I recall, all the songs were always credited as being group written, so unless they did something stupid with their publishing, I imagine all three see at least publishing royalties from anything that gets up. Mick and Mo weren't involved in 2011, so I'm not sure they'd get any money besides, unless they're part owners of the band name or whatever.

Seeing them Tuesday night!

I saw this tour in Santa Rosa, California. Poorly attended, but a great show. Roye was terrific. I wasn't that impressed with the other bands.
    It's worth owning IMO.

Looks like the Nektar set may have been released previously on a DVD of the whole show (Brainticket etc) and I found a not so great review of that DVD (Space Invasion Live) which described poor lighting and low budget production in general .
    Anyone have that and can confirm? I imagine I can cample on YT

I also saw that tour in Chicago and all the bands were really good. I bought the DVD and was most disappointed with the Nektar set , the vocals were out of sync which made it unwatchable for me. I ended up ripping the audio from the Nektar set and burned it to cd. I am very happy with that as the performance was really good.

Just my advice , avoid the DVD but grab the cd if it's available , there was not an audio only option when I bought the DVD.

Quote Originally Posted by rickawakeman View Post
    Looks like the Nektar set may have been released previously on a DVD of the whole show (Brainticket etc) and I found a not so great review of that DVD (Space Invasion Live) which described poor lighting and low budget production in general .
    Anyone have that and can confirm? I imagine I can cample on YT
    That's part of the later years legacy. The DVDs were not produced well. Even the reunion show had cheesy off-the-shelf animation. But the performances are usually pretty great.
    "The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you got to load or unload go to the White Zone!"

Hi, all the guitars and vocals was re-recorded in studio and the audio can't match with the video, abysmal out of sync.

Quote Originally Posted by Bruno Sampaio Barbosa View Post
    Hi, all the guitars and vocals was re-recorded in studio and the audio can't match with the video, abysmal out of sync.
    That would explain it. I wondered what happened. Unwatchable as a video but enjoyable as a listen.

Quote Originally Posted by Bruno Sampaio Barbosa View Post
    Really? Jeez. Why even release it?
    "The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you got to load or unload go to the White Zone!"

Quote Originally Posted by ronmac View Post
    I’m wondering the same thing, that’s the first time I ever heard that they went through all that.

Quote Originally Posted by ronmac View Post

These things are in charge of Cleopatra Records. Roye probably had to fulfill his contract. The terrible album of covers also was a wish from the label. You know, this label specialized in this type of things, tributes, covers and etc. What can i say about the "Time Machine" album recorded, produced and mixed by Billy Sherwood? Just awful in all steps of audio engineering.