Thread: BIG BIG TRAIN & IZZ in Toronto, Monday, May 11th!

BIG BIG TRAIN & IZZ in Toronto, Monday, May 11th!

Wasn't necessarily expecting this one. But here it is: BBT and IZZ at the Opera House in Toronto. Let's not use the Monday night as an excuse. It is very hard for bands to tour, and this is a rare opportunity to see both bands in Toronto.

https://www.bandsintown.com/e/101949...campaign=going

neil

Imma going! I have off of work that week!!

Well, got two tickets. I'm not a huge BBT fan, but would like to see them. $158 for two tickets (not seated, mind you), seems a bit much, but I love IZZ, and it's doubtful BBT will come here often, if ever again, so I'm in.

Neil

Member since March 2004 mozo-pg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by boilk View Post
    Well, got two tickets. I'm not a huge BBT fan, but would like to see them. $158 for two tickets (not seated, mind you), seems a bit much, but I love IZZ, and it's doubtful BBT will come here often, if ever again, so I'm in.

Neil
    Enjoy the show Neil. If I wasn't a 5 hour drive away, I'd go. Have you heard BBT's the Underfall Yard? It's really a brilliant release.
    What can this strange device be? When I touch it, it brings forth a sound (2112)

Hey Greg. I've heard bits and pieces of Underfall Yard and have come close to connecting with BBT, but nothing has pushed it over the top yet. I'm hoping the live experience will make the difference.

neil

Hey Greg. I've heard bits and pieces of Underfall Yard and have come close to connecting with BBT, but nothing has pushed it over the top yet. I'm hoping the live experience will make the difference.

neil
    That's much like I feel Neil...however, the live experience is not happening unless seated.
    Dave Sr.

I prefer Nature to Human Nature

^^Dave! Speaking of live experiences, Bent Knee just announced a headlining show at the Velvet Underground, on Apr 8. There is some seating to be had, as it is a bar-type venue.

neil

^^Dave! Speaking of live experiences, Bent Knee just announced a headlining show at the Velvet Underground, on Apr 8. There is some seating to be had, as it is a bar-type venue.

neil
    I wont be back from Georgia until April 9 or 10..
    Dave Sr.

I prefer Nature to Human Nature

Quote Originally Posted by mozo-pg View Post
    Enjoy the show Neil. If I wasn't a 5 hour drive away, I'd go. Have you heard BBT's the Underfall Yard? It's really a brilliant release.
    Well, I'm trying again. Three songs into The Underfall Yard, but still not getting it, lol. I'm glad you find it to be brilliant, but I cannot join you in that assessment. I hope to enjoy them live, and I have heard some songs that I enjoyed before. And if all else fails, at least I get to see IZZ again.

neil

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    $80 standing? Yikes!
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

Man oh man how I wish I could be there for this!
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter" - Yoda

www.farpointband.com
    www.greyfeather.net
    www.kevinjarvismusic.net

Well, I'm trying again. Three songs into The Underfall Yard, but still not getting it, lol. I'm glad you find it to be brilliant, but I cannot join you in that assessment. I hope to enjoy them live, and I have heard some songs that I enjoyed before. And if all else fails, at least I get to see IZZ again.

neil
    I think The Underfall Yard is one of those albums that reveals its depth over time. It took me a few listens to appreciate it.

Have you heard their song "Kingmaker"?

Quote Originally Posted by NogbadTheBad View Post
    $80 standing? Yikes!
    Uh huh. I feel my pain. I'm doing it for prog!

neil

Quote Originally Posted by aith01 View Post
    I think The Underfall Yard is one of those albums that reveals its depth over time. It took me a few listens to appreciate it.

Have you heard their song "Kingmaker"?
    What album is Kingmaker on?

neil

What album is Kingmaker on?

neil
    It was on the import version of Far Skies Deep Time -- the version without their cover of the Ant Phillips song "Master of Time".

You can find it on Bandcamp too, which is where I ended up getting it from:

https://bigbigtrain.bandcamp.com/track/kingmaker

Ember
    Quote Originally Posted by NogbadTheBad View Post
    $80 standing? Yikes!
    13 musicians, plus crew. And didn't I read that there would be seating ("rush" seating, ie unreserved) added?

(This will be a 3.5 hour show. Happy to be going to the one in NJ.)

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    ^^Do you know if the NJ show is with a smaller number of musicians? What’s the venue in NJ like? Is this where the NJ Prog House Flower Kings Day was held?
    Last edited by JKL2000; 02-16-2020 at 07:04 AM.

Ember
    Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    ^^Do you know if the NJ show is with a smaller number of musicians? What’s the venue in NJ like? Is this where the NJ Prog House Flower Kings Day was held?
    A) I understand the NJ show to be the same as the others. B) The venue is a small (600 seat) theater in a small town. C) I don’t think so.

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by rdclark View Post
    A) I understand the NJ show to be the same as the others. B) The venue is a small (600 seat) theater in a small town. C) I don’t think so.
    Thanks!