Thread: New Mr. Mister

New Mr. Mister

For the past several months there has been talk of a new EP from Mr. Mister. This has turned into three "new" tracks added onto a re-issue of the criminally underrated "Pull" record. The three new tunes are worked up versions of music that was not completed at the time.

Always felt this band never got it's due - "Go On..." is near perfect to these ears.

Great to hear this material surface.

https://richardpagemusic.com/3-mr-mi...s4iADuYP-2XBJQ

Banned
    Agreed, one of my favorite 80's Pop groups. "Welcome to the Real World" had the biggest hits and most success, but I never followed up with them after that (other than a couple of singles from "Go On". May need to check out their post-Welcome material. "Kyrie" and "Broken Wings" are unbelievably gorgeous cuts.

Fantastic show in their prime!

Pull was a nice come-back and I liked the early Mr. Mister-songs. But for me Richard Page's best album is with 3rd Matinee, in which he collaborated with Patrick Leonard:

hiding out in treetops, shouting out rude names
    I'm still waiting for that ocean cruise featuring ubiquitous, homogeneous adult contemporary 80s bands like Mr Mister, Night Ranger, The Hooters and Mike & The Mechanics. Phil Collins can headline

I liked (past tense) their first album. Never heard anything else from them. When I try to listen to what I have, I just cant do it. Those 80's drums are just obnoxious to my ears now. Reminds me of a very awful time of my life...

Quote Originally Posted by Yodelgoat View Post
    I liked (past tense) their first album. Never heard anything else from them. When I try to listen to what I have, I just cant do it. Those 80's drums are just obnoxious to my ears now. Reminds me of a very awful time of my life...
    I actually never heard anything from their first album. Their second one was really good and of course had their two big hits. I remember trying to get into their third album and, except for a really great tune called "The Border, just couldn't.

I had read that Page turned town both the Toto and Chicago lead vocalist offers.

I still listen to Welcome...in fairly regular rotation with my car tunes. Jeez, I think I still even have my original cassette somewhere. Never followed them beyond that album, but this thread has me wanting to.

I do still have my LP of The Hooters debut album.

Mr. Mister

The missing link between Kiss and King Crimson.

Quote Originally Posted by interbellum View Post
    Pull was a nice come-back and I liked the early Mr. Mister-songs. But for me Richard Page's best album is with 3rd Matinee, in which he collaborated with Patrick Leonard:
    I love all of it, but yes, 3rd Matinee is really good.

Excellent news about the new Mr. Mister tracks. Maybe they're not dead yet?
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Any love for Richard Page's pre-Mr. Mister-band Pages?

Fine music somewhere between mellow Toto and Steely Dan with David Sancious-like ARP- and Yamaha CS-80's sounds.

I only have their final album on LP and CD from which this track comes: