Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Kilroy Is 30

Quote Originally Posted by GuitarGeek View Post
    I don't think they played the entire album on the tour. At least, they don't do the whole album on the Caught In The Act video, it looks like they mostly just the songs that were actually integral to the story line, plus Don't Let It End and Cold War. I think those two songs and a few others are supposed to be the "flashback" to the concert where Kilroy was arrested. But of course, as mentioned before, the flashback was a good excuse for them to slip some of their old songs, to please the fans who wanted to hear their old favorites, so they probably didn't really need to play ALL of the album.
    I guess my LOL emoticon was too subtle.

Maybe I should have stated "Any sane person would turn into drugs or rehab if they had to play anything from that album on a nightly basis".

Not a fan of the album in case you did not get that one either.

Progstreaming-webmaster Sunhillow's Avatar
    I really like the album. But I'm not sure what my opinion would be if I was an American citizen. 'Mr.Roboto' wasn't a hit in the Netherlands (in fact, only 'Babe' was a hit, and 'Fooling Yourself' a little bit too, but that's it), so I'm not influenced by anything other than the music itself. And I think it's a fine album. I rank it higher than "Pieces Of Eight" for instance, of which I think is overrated, being amongst masterpieces and all. That should be a nice new topic, by the way: "Mediocre albums that are falsly regarded as good because they're surrounded by masterpieces"

Banned
    The album is pretty darn good, has some solid tunes, and like "90125" and "Moving Pictures" and "Abacab" was sort of my intro to Styx thanks to all the heavy MTV airplay so I'm not the only one. It's a solid album but most prog-snobs find it cool to just say "album sucks, how dare you listen to that drivel, where is my prog-wank collection??"
    In retrospect, it's not a classic, but it's not a total dud either.

I went through a Styx phase about 10 years ago. I have Grand Illusion, Crystal Ball, a cheapo compilation titled "Lady" (which is all Wooden Nickel stuff), and Cyclorama (which I thought was pretty good). I saw them live at a corndog event too. They were okay. Never really been a huge fan but they've recorded some fine pomp/rock.