Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Nightwish - Human Nature

Quote Originally Posted by Progatron View Post
    I do wonder if he wasn't happy about barely getting to write anything for the band in the 18 years he was a member.
    Well he must have known that was the deal, I mean Tuomas is the writer for the band and Marco records his own solo albums in between NW activity so I don't see the problem.

To leave a very successful band like Nightwish seems strange, on the other hand he must have made a pile of money even as just a performer over the years, so has the financial security to do it. I expect he wanted to do the Human Nature tour but since no one knows when that will happen he got fed up with waiting..maybe he just wanted a change.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve983 View Post
    Well he must have known that was the deal, I mean Tuomas is the writer for the band and Marco records his own solo albums in between NW activity so I don't see the problem.

To leave a very successful band like Nightwish seems strange, on the other hand he must have made a pile of money even as just a performer over the years, so has the financial security to do it. I expect he wanted to do the Human Nature tour but since no one knows when that will happen he got fed up with waiting..maybe he just wanted a change.
    I'm sure he did, but after a long period of time, that might have chipped away at him more and more. Tarot disbanded a decade ago and he only made one solo album (so far), a year or so ago. Maybe he's getting the writer's itch again and wanting some of that creativity put into Nightwish. I realize this is all just speculation. But yes, strange indeed.
    Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Steve983 View Post
    Sad news, streaming is killing music for sure but I imagine there's more to it than that. So a session bass player for the next tour which is unlikely to start in Spring anyway. Covid 19 is killing music too..

Sent from my SM-T290 using Tapatalk
    Obviously COVID has been horrible to live music - I feel for the artists. However I still blame streaming on the fact that they were left with only live music and merchandising as a means to make money. $500 a year from Spotify, divided 4 ways or more does not support the artists...

v