Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Survivor - Season 40 And Onward

Quote Originally Posted by SteveSly View Post
    I am all for diversity & inclusion, but the show seems to be going a bit overboard in trying to be diverse and politically correct to me this year.
    That's the new trend. I've seen the same thing on Big Brother Canada and BB US this year.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveSly View Post
    I am also already tired of the sappy backstories. It is kind of like watching the Olympics all over again.
    Yes! I thought the exact same thing. One episode in and I'm already sick of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Klonk
    I almost threw my dog at the TV with that "come on in guys" woke horseshit.
    Seriously. As a woman, even I thought that was a stupid conversation. "Guys" in that context is not gender-related. It's synonymous with people. It was also very clear that Jeff had already made up his mind (or someone made his mind up for him). He was pretty quick to jump on the change after one person's comment, after several people had already said that they were okay with it. I don't trust that any of that was sincere.

...it was just dumb in general to even ask the cast if they were ok with it. Wouldn't even had been a thing! Where's my dog...
    "Who would have thought a whale would be so heavy?" - Moe Sizlak

Quote Originally Posted by Klonk View Post
    Where's my dog...
    Yeah right. I've seen photos of you and your dog. In my next life, I want to return as your dog. She lives a far more pampered life than I do.

Subterranean Tapir Hobo Chang Ba's Avatar
    Everything is a thing when you rely on twitter for anything. Best thing to do is blast that shit to oblivion.

Glad this is a safe space to complain about this kind of thing.
    Please don't ask questions, just use google.

Never let good music get in the way of making a profit.

I'm only here to reglaze my bathtub.

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverAutumn View Post
    ..."Guys" in that context is not gender-related. It's synonymous with people....

What she said ^^^

Totally agree.

Yeah right. I've seen photos of you and your dog. In my next life, I want to return as your dog. She lives a far more pampered life than I do.
    Regards,

Duncan

Seriously. As a woman, even I thought that was a stupid conversation. "Guys" in that context is not gender-related. It's synonymous with people. It was also very clear that Jeff had already made up his mind (or someone made his mind up for him). He was pretty quick to jump on the change after one person's comment, after several people had already said that they were okay with it. I don't trust that any of that was sincere.
    Saying "guys" is no different than saying "Let's get the gang together" or "Round up the group."

As for the survivor calling for it to be changed after having some thought, that thought could have come from producers putting it into his mind to go ahead and speak up.

This year Survivor is doing away with the big intro where they show the survivors and list their names. They already had started to lessen the intro last season. I hope these survivor spotlights go away soon and have a feeling they were done in the premiere only. Did they get to all of them?

I don't care about their backstory. I want to see someone survive and compete. I want to judge their gameplay on what they bring to the island; not their sappy life story.

she is living her best life.

Back to the show...what do you all think of the Shot in the Dark Die thing? Too much? I think I kinda like the idea...
    "Who would have thought a whale would be so heavy?" - Moe Sizlak

Don't let your meatloaf! Paulie's Avatar
    It's one thing to be woke, it's an entirely different thing to make absolutely certain everyone sees you being woke. Virtue signaling at its finest. Just do what you think you need to do and just do it. No explanation needed, no announcement necessary. Now with that said, I most certainly would have turned to my wife and said "WTF?" if I heard "Come on in!" as opposed to "Come on in guys!" as I always enthusiastically beat Probst to the punch with that phrase.
    "That gum you like is going to come back in style."

Quote Originally Posted by Paulie View Post
    I always enthusiastically beat Probst to the punch with that phrase.
    I think there are a bunch that do recite some of the more common Probst-isms.

First thing's first, gotta take back immunity.

Once again, immunity is back up for grabs.

Here we go. For reward/immunity, Survivors ready...GO!

And just like that, this challenge is on.

If anyone has a hidden immunity idol and you'd like to play it, now would be the time to do so.

Once the votes are read, the decision is final; the person voted out will be asked to leave the tribal council area immediately. I'll read the votes.

Grab your torches, head back to camp.

"Come on in, he/she/they/him/he/iIt's!"

Doesn't have the same ring to it, does it?
    "And this is the chorus.....or perhaps it's a bridge...."

Quote Originally Posted by Gruno View Post

Grab your torches, head back to camp.
    Speaking of which...what's the point of taking away a tribe's flint and then sending them back to camp with lit torches?

Speaking of which...what's the point of taking away a tribe's flint and then sending them back to camp with lit torches?
    In previous seasons, the torches were not allowed to be lit when taken back to camp.

Back to the show...what do you all think of the Shot in the Dark Die thing? Too much? I think I kinda like the idea...
    I'm not really a fan. Its basically a dumb luck thing that can upend and excellent plan and/or send out more deserving people with zero strategy. At least when you play an idol or an advantage you have to do something to get it (even if its as simple as turn a ships wheel to the right)...this is just chuck and hope which undermines strategy and gameplay (which is why I like this show).

But I guess we will see how it plays out.

I want to see how it plays out but I kind of like it. It's like drawing rocks - you take your chances. It's a Hail Mary, but could really screw up someone's game if it works. If played successfully at the right time, it could turn the whole game upside down, and I love when that kind of stuff goes down.

I like the whole theme of taking risks to get rewards. What I'm not digging is Jeff talking to the camera before TC. Tonight ended with "either way someone is getting voted out". Well, no shit Captain Obvious. Tell me something I don't know.

The consequences this season are all about losing your vote. That is a huge risk proposition for low reward odds, but then for those on the wrong side of an alliance it's worth it.
    Duncan's going to make a Horns Emoticon!!!

It's pretty quiet around here. Any thoughts or comments on this season so far? Or should I take the quiet as everyone being as asleep this season as I am...other than a few decent blind sides.

It's pretty quiet around here. Any thoughts or comments on this season so far? Or should I take the quiet as everyone being as asleep this season as I am...other than a few decent blind sides.
    Don't love it or hate it so far. We'll see where it goes from here.

Yeah, its been pretty middle of the road thus far. This "reboot" accelerated version doesn't seen to be making a difference att his point.

Quote Originally Posted by Hobo Chang Ba View Post
    Yeah, its been pretty middle of the road thus far. This "reboot" accelerated version doesn't seen to be making a difference att his point.
    The whole "back to basics, no more silly tricks" thing is ... BS.

These risk/reward things and the magic token etc. are all silly tricks. It is not back to basics.
    Regards,

Duncan

Quote Originally Posted by Duncan Glenday View Post
    The whole "back to basics, no more silly tricks" thing is ... BS.

These risk/reward things and the magic token etc. are all silly tricks. It is not back to basics.

This is where I am at with it. How many tokens can they throw into the game?? I can't keep track of everything floating around.

Survivor apparently doesn't want people to base their gameplay on relationships, conversations, and attempting to determine other's mindsets.

I thought the prisoner's dilemma thing was kind of neat until they did it twice. By then everyone knew what was coming and planned accordingly.
    The triple immunity idol is stupid. How many times can one person repeat the same silly line before everyone figures it out.
    How will they do a tribal swap when everyone on the tribe is dressed in the same colour?
    And what's the point of taking a tribe's flint if you're going to send them back to camp with lit torches.

I did like that there were separate reward and immunity challenges. My memory sucks, so I could be wrong, but I think it's been a while since they've done that.

Maybe they'll bring back the auction. That was always fun!

Didn't they show the losing tribe using flint to try and start a fire this past episode? That would imply they don't have lit torches when they get back to camp. I can understand giving them some light on the walk back to camp.

Agree with the triple immunity idol thing. Thus far, it seems like all the risks are too much for the reward (minus the prisoners dilemma thing).

And what's the point of taking a tribe's flint if you're going to send them back to camp with lit torches.
    I believe they do not let them stay beyond the journey. In past seasons Probst has said tribes would not be returning with their torches if they didn't have flint.

Maybe they'll bring back the auction. That was always fun!
    Yes, I hope!

How many of you are still hanging with Season 41?? I am out of blind loyalty only. The players this season seem to be some of the worst ever! No one can keep a secret, no one can spot a lie or fake, and no one is thinking long term.
    Duncan's going to make a Horns Emoticon!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Just Eric View Post
    How many of you are still hanging with Season 41?? I am out of blind loyalty only. The players this season seem to be some of the worst ever! No one can keep a secret, no one can spot a lie or fake, and no one is thinking long term.
    It's pathetic, I agree. One day, someone will get onto that show who knows how to keep their ears open and their mouth shut - and will breeze through to a win.

But the tribal council was fun
    Regards,

Duncan