Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Survivor - Season 40 And Onward

I have a strange feeling Denise is going to win. She should have been voted off by now. She's not really on anyone's radar save for Tony.

I'd like to see Tony win, but that's probably a longshot. Of those on EoE, I hope Jeremy (my pick from the beginning) or Nathalie (she deserves it). But I don't want an EoE winning.
    "It's such a fine line between stupid and... clever" -- David St. Hubbins & Derek Smalls, Spinal Tap

I was hoping the one who got zero votes was gonna win.

That was a great final three. I would have been happy with any of them winning. Tony always plays a good game. I was shocked to realize that he never got any votes against him through the entire season. That, along with four immunity wins, makes him the right choice in my mind, even though I didn't go into last night thinking that way.

Having said that, kudos to Natalie for shaking the game up the way she did. Before Natalie made it back into the game, it looked like the final three of Tony, Sarah and Ben was a lock. In the end only Tony made it to final three thanks to Natalie coming in and basically taking over the game in such a short period of time. Sadly for her, it wasn't enough to change the outcome in her favour. With either final three, I think Tony takes the prize.

Natalie's only chance was for Sarah to beat out Tony in fire. That might have given Natalie a fighting chance.

I have to say that for what I thought was just an okay season, it was a great finale. Those three hours just flew by! I didn't even miss the reunion show.

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverAutumn View Post
    I would have been happy with any of them winning.

...kudos to Natalie for shaking the game up the way she did...
    I hated her and "twinnie" in The Amazing Race, but she was excellent in this game, and we were pulling for her to do well.

I didn't even miss the reunion show.
    I was glad there was no reunion show - those are usually a big time waste. Almost 3 hours of hard game play was far better viewing, IMHO.
    Regards,

Duncan

So glad Tony won. He deserved it most out of the three. All had winning qualifications, but Tony played the best game out of everyone this season. He orchestrated vote-offs, won challenges, made smart alliance with Sarah and Ben, had is spy tree and was more personable than in the past. A perfect season!

While Nathalie played an extraordinary game on EoE and got herself to the final three, I really don't want an EoE player winning. Those on EoE do not have to do Immunity Challenges and do not have to go through all the everyday game play that comes with the game.

Ben really screwed himself. Had he listened to Tony and just voted off Denise in the first place, both Ben and Tony would have had idols to play in the next tribal. Michelle would have been voted off and the final four would have been the alliance of Ben, Tony and Sarah plus Nathalie. At least Ben would have had a fighting chance to get to the final three.
    "It's such a fine line between stupid and... clever" -- David St. Hubbins & Derek Smalls, Spinal Tap

Quote Originally Posted by paythesnuka View Post
    Ben really screwed himself. Had he listened to Tony and just voted off Denise in the first place, both Ben and Tony would have had idols to play in the next tribal. Michelle would have been voted off and the final four would have been the alliance of Ben, Tony and Sarah plus Nathalie. At least Ben would have had a fighting chance to get to the final three.
    I'd actually already forgotten about that, but you're absolutely right. Neither Ben nor Sarah thought that Natalie had an idol. Tony was the only one who didn't want to take that risk. One more reason why Tony deserved to win. His intuition was bang on.

Subterranean Tapir Hobo Chang Ba's Avatar
    Glad Tony won, although Nat definitely made a very good argument. I wouldn't have been upset if she won either. Feels weird not to have a teaser for next season, but here we are I guess.
    Please don't ask questions, just use google.

Never let good music get in the way of making a profit.

I'm only here to reglaze my bathtub.

I'd actually already forgotten about that, but you're absolutely right. Neither Ben nor Sarah thought that Natalie had an idol. Tony was the only one who didn't want to take that risk. One more reason why Tony deserved to win. His intuition was bang on.
    I was really hoping they would have targeted Sarah at that moment, so she could have gone home after being super confident Natalie didn't have an idol. It would have been hilarious.

Quote Originally Posted by Duncan Glenday View Post

I hated her and "twinnie" in The Amazing Race, but she was excellent in this game, and we were pulling for her to do well.

I was glad there was no reunion show - those are usually a big time waste. Almost 3 hours of hard game play was far better viewing, IMHO.
    Agreed with you on the Twinnies. I forgot that she won her first season though (and thus have no idea how she played there) but she played great this time around for sure. I think if Sarah had made it to the final three, Nat would have won.

And the main problem for me with the reunion show is they cut into the time too much for any substance. Back in the day it was definitely better.

While Nathalie played an extraordinary game on EoE and got herself to the final three, I really don't want an EoE player winning. Those on EoE do not have to do Immunity Challenges and do not have to go through all the everyday game play that comes with the game..
    Agreed. She played well. Still, I do not want a returning player coming in at the end of the game. I would be better with it mid-season, but not so close to the end. I would feel the same if it were an island of my all-time fave Survivor contestants.

I just had the chance to watch the finale last night. I have no problem with Tony winning, he played a great game and deserved it. I thought the finale was a bit padded and kind of dragged. I know the reunion shows have their flaws, but I still kind of like them. The 3-hour finale just seemed to go on and on until it got towards the end. My other gripe was Natalie finding an immunity idol when she did. Maybe it was all legit, but it just seems convenient that she found one, which is the only way anyone from exile island was going to stay in the game. This whole season has appeared to have way too much producer manipulation. Again, maybe it is all legit and I am just reading into things, but there have been quite a few moments during this season where advantages and idols seem to show up just at the right time for some of these players.

All that being said, I still enjoyed the season for the most part and will continue watching.

I posted this in the Big Brother thread, but in case anyone here is interested there is a thread for the current season of The Challenge here, https://www.progressiveears.org/foru...90#post1019090

The jump of the thread reminded me to post that the free Pluto TV app (on Android and iOS) has a 24/7 Survivor channel. Episodes run continuously, so you never know what you will get when you connect to the channel.

The jump of the thread reminded me to post that the free Pluto TV app (on Android and iOS) has a 24/7 Survivor channel. Episodes run continuously, so you never know what you will get when you connect to the channel.
    Cool! Nice to drop in on an episode.

From Entertainment Weekly:

"Survivor will be filming in Fiji with the crew expecting to arrive in the next few days," said Koya, according to FBC News. "They have to stagger the way they actually come because most of the crew are sitting in different parts of the world, but all done under the guidance of the Ministry of Health. We follow the necessary protocol to protect our own citizens."

Unlike other reality shows like Big Brother, Love Island, and The Bachelor that had already resumed production in 2020, Survivor was unable to restart due to both its filming location in Fiji as well as its very international crew, which hails from all over the world.

They did start filming a season and stop at some point correct? If so, are they just picking up where they left off or are they going to be starting again?

Probst posted this today with video:

Jeff Probst @JeffProbst
    I am thrilled to tell you all that @survivorcbs is going back into production and I will see you on the island for #Survivor 41! @CBS

WOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!

LET'S DO IT!

My brother said that he heard that they are filming the next three seasons now, since the crew is already in Fiji and quarantined. Not sure if that's true.

I'm in this year! Since we missed out on some pandemic Survivor, I am watching Survivor Australia!

Welcome to Australian Survivor: Brains V Brawn

Starting soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Gruno View Post
    I'm in this year! Since we missed out on some pandemic Survivor, I am watching Survivor Australia!

Welcome to Australian Survivor: Brains V Brawn

Starting soon.
    Where are you watching this?

And don't say "in your living room LOL
    Regards,

Duncan

Ditto.

Love Survivor and Amazing Race. They are family rituals in our household.
    Duncan's going to make a Horns Emoticon!!!

After being a solid subscriber to DirecTV since 2003, I got rid of it and am 100% streaming now. Besides Prime, Netflix, Hulu, etc,. I have my VPN (HideMyAss) and just set it to whatever region I want to watch. Allows me to watch Big Brother Canada, Survivor (multiple countries), and Amazing Race Canada, and tons more without hassle.

Quote Originally Posted by Gruno View Post
    After being a solid subscriber to DirecTV since 2003, I got rid of it and am 100% streaming now. Besides Prime, Netflix, Hulu, etc,. I have my VPN (HideMyAss) and just set it to whatever region I want to watch. Allows me to watch Big Brother Canada, Survivor (multiple countries), and Amazing Race Canada, and tons more without hassle.
    I also have a VPN (PureVPN) and can set myself to appear to be in any location.

Again - where are you watching it? (URL?)
    Regards,

Duncan

I also have a VPN (PureVPN) and can set myself to appear to be in any location.

Again - where are you watching it? (URL?)
    I subscribe to Net10 All Access:

https://10play.com.au/

It's $9.99AUS. More bang for my buck as I get:

- Survivor Australia
    - Survivor New Zealand
    - Survivor South Africa
    - Survivor USA (although they are only up to season 27)
    - The Amazing Race Australia

Far more than I could watch at any given time, but worth it when a season starts. It's monthly, so I cancel when there are no active shows I am into.