Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Survivor - Winners at War | Season 40

Gruno, I think you need a 12-step program for Reality TV Addicts.

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverAutumn View Post
    Gruno, I think you need a 12-step program for Reality TV Addicts.
    Sign me up!!!

I actually do not spend a huge amount of time watching TV compared to many others I know. I lost the fire for episodic television & most dramas a decade or so ago and modern day sitcoms leave me unsatisfied. Once the movie Private Ryan came out, television slowly adopted the mobile camera as a method for storytelling. Now, it's practically the norm. I can't stand it. Get off my lawn and hold the damned camera still!!! Someone can get motion sickness from some of these shows.

I like to watch competition reality shows like Survivor and The Challenge because I get more value from them than watching pro sports. I rather watch these everyday people compete for their fame and money in 14 1hr. episodes rather than watching millionaires playing their sport (like baseball) for months and months. There's some who watch hours and hours of baseball each day. Compared to that, I barely rack up time watching this reality junk. I view all reality tv I watch as "disposable TV."

Quote Originally Posted by Gruno View Post
    Sign me up!!!

Once the movie Private Ryan came out, television slowly adopted the mobile camera as a method for storytelling. Now, it's practically the norm. I can't stand it. Get off my lawn and hold the damned camera still!!! Someone can get motion sickness from some of these shows.
    I get motion sickness really easily. It's the reason I had to stop watching The Amazing Race. Too much hand-held camera work and fast edits. It literally makes me sick. Which is too bad because I otherwise enjoy the show.

Quote Originally Posted by Gruno View Post
    I like to watch competition reality shows like Survivor and The Challenge because I get more value from them than watching pro sports. I rather watch these everyday people compete for their fame and money in 14 1hr. episodes rather than watching millionaires playing their sport (like baseball) for months and months. There's some who watch hours and hours of baseball each day. Compared to that, I barely rack up time watching this reality junk. I view all reality tv I watch as "disposable TV."
    Most TV is disposable TV. I watch very few shows on a regular basis. There are a few that I enjoy and watch weekly, but most of the time if the TV is on, I'm doing something else at the same time and listening more than I'm watching.