Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Survivor - Season 40 And Onward

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverAutumn View Post
    I'm curious to see how these tokens play out. So far Natalie is the only one that knows you can barter for tokens while on EoE. Once the others figure it out, there is going to be bloodshed to find those advantages to sell.
    Good point.

Hmmm... lemme see if I have this correct:

Tribe vs. Rob-Parvati-Ethan

Tribe: How do we weaken Rob?
    Their Answer: Get rid of either Ethan or Parvati to weaken Rob

Captain Obvious Answer: Vote out Rob

Am I missing something??

They are so scared of Rob. Or they are so star struck. The only one with any brains on that tribe is Ben.

I was thinking that Adam was a smart player...until he told Rob what was going on.
    "It's such a fine line between stupid and... clever" -- David St. Hubbins & Derek Smalls, Spinal Tap

They are definitely scared and star struck of Rob. Jeremy's not havin' it though. Parvati gets a token...we'll see what happens with that.
    "Who would have thought a whale would be so heavy?" - Moe Sizlak

Is it just me or are there too many gimmicks in this season? When the producers start putting clues / notes in peoples personal bags........it just kind of reeks of manipulation to me. There are so many idols, tokens, advantages, exile island, etc. that it hard to keep track of everything and seems to be just way too much of everything. I liked the game a lot more when it was simpler, and you get let the players do their thing without all the other stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Gruno View Post
    Hmmm... lemme see if I have this correct:

Tribe vs. Rob-Parvati-Ethan

Tribe: How do we weaken Rob?
    Their Answer: Get rid of either Ethan or Parvati to weaken Rob

Captain Obvious Answer: Vote out Rob

Am I missing something??
    I really don't understand why Rob and Sandra are still in the game. And why Natalie gave Sandra an advantage. I suspect this may have more to do with personal relationships than with game play.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveSly View Post
    Is it just me or are there too many gimmicks in this season? When the producers start putting clues / notes in peoples personal bags........it just kind of reeks of manipulation to me. There are so many idols, tokens, advantages, exile island, etc. that it hard to keep track of everything and seems to be just way too much of everything. I liked the game a lot more when it was simpler, and you get let the players do their thing without all the other stuff.
    Agreed. It'll be interesting to see how everything plays out. I think it would be better if all the advantages from IoE had expiry dates, like 2 or three TCs. I would also like to see some IoE competitions to win tokens. Maybe this will happen when there are more people on IoE.

I really don't understand why Rob and Sandra are still in the game. And why Natalie gave Sandra an advantage. I suspect this may have more to do with personal relationships than with game play.
    If I remember correctly, Natalie said something about having to figure out who is most likely to buy the advantage with their fire token, because if she gave it to someone who decided not to buy it, she would be left empty-handed. So she probably figured that as the only two-time winner who also keeps sucking in challenges, Sandra would not turn down the offer.

Quote Originally Posted by viukkis View Post
    If I remember correctly, Natalie said something about having to figure out who is most likely to buy the advantage with their fire token, because if she gave it to someone who decided not to buy it, she would be left empty-handed. So she probably figured that as the only two-time winner who also keeps sucking in challenges, Sandra would not turn down the offer.
    Ah yes. That's a really good point!

Ding dong the witch is dead. I haven't been so happy while watching Survivor since Tom Weston won.

And, no, I don't mean Parv.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    "It's such a fine line between stupid and... clever" -- David St. Hubbins & Derek Smalls, Spinal Tap

Subterranean Tapir Hobo Chang Ba's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by paythesnuka View Post
    Ding dong the witch is dead. I haven't been so happy while watching Survivor since Tom Weston won.

And, no, I don't mean Parv.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    That was a great move. Once tribal started I thought she should do what she did, I just didn't know if she would have the balls for it. I"m very happy it happened (although losing the second idol isn't ideal).
    Please don't ask questions, just use google.

Never let good music get in the way of making a profit.

I'm only here to reglaze my bathtub.

Quote Originally Posted by Hobo Chang Ba View Post
    That was a great move. Once tribal started I thought she should do what she did, I just didn't know if she would have the balls for it. I"m very happy it happened (although losing the second idol isn't ideal).
    I like that she played the 2nd idol. I don't know if it was her intention, but she showed Sandra that she didn't need Sandra's idol to be safe. In the end she took Sandra's idol from her so Sandra couldn't use it, kept one of her tokens, voted Sandra out with her own idol, and showed that she didn't need the idol at all. It was brilliant! And a really bad move on Sandra's part.

My guess is that Sandra knew she was on her way out, so why not just orchestrate her own exit.

Yeah, it kind of sucks that she lost the 2nd idol, but she obviously didn't trust Sandra and didn't want to take the risk that Sandra sold the idol for a token and then voted out Jeremy anyway.

And this right after she'd been told that she was a minor league player
    Regards,

Duncan

Remember when immunity idols were so well hidden that it would take multiple clues to locate? Remember there would be clues hidden at challenges, underneath pates at reward feasts, etc? Yeah, I sorta don't remember that either, it's been so long. These multiple idols and tokens sour the game for me.

The reunion episode will be one huge Zoom chat?

That said, Survivor is on filming hiatus. The earliest we would get a new season would be mid-2021.

I don't like all the scrambling going on. It's way too much.
    "Who would have thought a whale would be so heavy?" - Moe Sizlak

Remember when immunity idols were so well hidden that it would take multiple clues to locate? Remember there would be clues hidden at challenges, underneath pates at reward feasts, etc? Yeah, I sorta don't remember that either, it's been so long. These multiple idols and tokens sour the game for me.

The reunion episode will be one huge Zoom chat?

That said, Survivor is on filming hiatus. The earliest we would get a new season would be mid-2021.
    You hit the nail on the head. Way too much manipulation going on with all of the idols and other advantages / disadvantages. I have been a loyal watcher since the beginning, but I think they are starting to stray to far from the original idea. I guess we'll see where it goes from here......

They also have been incorporating more modern music within their weekly soundtrack.

Quote Originally Posted by Klonk View Post
    I don't like all the scrambling going on. It's way too much.
    Last night's episode was the worst one yet for tribal in regards to scrambling. This got too ridiculous.

I was shocked at how Ben seems to be taking things very personal.

How anyone could trust Tony in alliance after seeing his seasons involving the covert operations is beyond me! Then again, I'm not in the jungle hungry, tired, and sleep deprived. Maybe that is one reason Denise snapped at Jeremy when she rudely put her hand to his face to shut him up.

I was shocked at how Ben seems to be taking things very personal.
    Why is he never a target ?!?

How anyone could trust Tony in alliance after seeing his seasons involving the covert operations is beyond me!
    He was the first one to change the target - and he pulled it off. When they say he's "controlling the game" - they're right.
    Regards,

Duncan

Honestly, I was only half paying attention last night. The tribal was stupid. I hate that there are more people on Redemption Island than in the game.

And WTF was going on at the immunity challenge? Denise and Tony had those necklaces handed to them on a silver platter.

What ever happened to reward challenges?

Honestly, I was only half paying attention last night. The tribal was stupid. I hate that there are more people on Redemption Island than in the game.

And WTF was going on at the immunity challenge? Denise and Tony had those necklaces handed to them on a silver platter.

What ever happened to reward challenges?
    Agree, this season is really striking out with me.

Two hours of meh last night.

What is everyone thinking about this season? And who do you want to see win? Most importantly, when this is over how will I remember what day it is without Survivor night as my guide?

Honestly, I'd like Natalie to win. That chick is hard core physical and smart. I know that last year I said that I didn't want anyone from EoE to win, but they made the whole EoE a bit more interesting this season with the fire tokens and selling advantages. Natalie caught on to the concept right away and made the best of it. That girl is bad ass! Although there is still part of me that says, when you're voted out you should be out, I wouldn't be unhappy to see her win.

From the folks left in the game, I'd like to see Michelle win. She's been an underdog and scrambling for safety through most of the game. I think that she's played a good and smart game. She was a target at both tribals last night and managed to get immunity for both and, through no fault of her own, at the expense of the people she was working with. She is truly surviving this game.

On a slightly different topic, I just read an interview with Jeff Probst that says the finale next week is almost the full three hours and the votes for the winner will be revealed at the end. I thought they might try to do something with the contestants at home, but it doesn't sound like they will. At least not a full hour of it.

Two hours of meh for sure... I guess they can add filler to pad the finale epi for length.

My vote is for Michelle. If someone from EoE returns, my vote is for Tyson. I also do not want an EoE winner.

Ugh... fire tokens... they should have made these Survivors BE the best of the best! Where are the gross food challenges? Why no football-style challenge? No hand-to-hand challenges? Take their damned rice away!! These were supposed to be the ultimate Survivors!! We witnessed "Survivor: Club-Med -- Out Stretch - Out Meditate - Out Suntan" EoE complains about a leaf of rice?? Le waaaaaaahhhh!!!! They stuff these turkeys compared to when the old-timers played.

Joke's on me as I will still be watching whenever Survivor returns.

Two hours of meh last night.

What is everyone thinking about this season? And who do you want to see win? Most importantly, when this is over how will I remember what day it is without Survivor night as my guide?

Honestly, I'd like Natalie to win. That chick is hard core physical and smart. I know that last year I said that I didn't want anyone from EoE to win, but they made the whole EoE a bit more interesting this season with the fire tokens and selling advantages. Natalie caught on to the concept right away and made the best of it. That girl is bad ass! Although there is still part of me that says, when you're voted out you should be out, I wouldn't be unhappy to see her win.

From the folks left in the game, I'd like to see Michelle win. She's been an underdog and scrambling for safety through most of the game. I think that she's played a good and smart game. She was a target at both tribals last night and managed to get immunity for both and, through no fault of her own, at the expense of the people she was working with. She is truly surviving this game.

On a slightly different topic, I just read an interview with Jeff Probst that says the finale next week is almost the full three hours and the votes for the winner will be revealed at the end. I thought they might try to do something with the contestants at home, but it doesn't sound like they will. At least not a full hour of it.
    I have not watched last night's episode yet, but I have Jeremy in the family Survivor pool this time around, so if he is still in the game he has my vote since it is worth $250 for me.

Subterranean Tapir Hobo Chang Ba's Avatar
    Tony or Jeremey should win, and Natalie makes a strong case too. (I wouldn't mind Tyson winning, although I don't think he has played the best game this season.) Ben is pretty much the only one I don't want winning at this point (not counting a bunch of also-rans that I am counting out of coming back form the edge).

And I guess I liked this season more than most here. lol
    Please don't ask questions, just use google.

Never let good music get in the way of making a profit.

I'm only here to reglaze my bathtub.