Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 26 to 38 of 38

Thread: Survivor - Winners at War | Season 40

  1. #26
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Kalamazoo Michigan
    Posts
    3,871
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverAutumn View Post
    I'm curious to see how these tokens play out. So far Natalie is the only one that knows you can barter for tokens while on EoE. Once the others figure it out, there is going to be bloodshed to find those advantages to sell.
    Good point.

  2. #27
    ALL ACCESS Gruno's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Dio, Alabama
    Posts
    1,811
    Hmmm... lemme see if I have this correct:

    Tribe vs. Rob-Parvati-Ethan

    Tribe: How do we weaken Rob?
    Their Answer: Get rid of either Ethan or Parvati to weaken Rob

    Captain Obvious Answer: Vote out Rob

    Am I missing something??

  3. #28
    Member paythesnuka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Boynton Beach, FL
    Posts
    169
    They are so scared of Rob. Or they are so star struck. The only one with any brains on that tribe is Ben.

    I was thinking that Adam was a smart player...until he told Rob what was going on.
    "It's such a fine line between stupid and... clever" -- David St. Hubbins & Derek Smalls, Spinal Tap

  4. #29
    Irritated Lawn Guy Klonk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Rockland, NY
    Posts
    1,404
    They are definitely scared and star struck of Rob. Jeremy's not havin' it though. Parvati gets a token...we'll see what happens with that.
    "Who would have thought a whale would be so heavy?" - Moe

  5. #30
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Kalamazoo Michigan
    Posts
    3,871
    Is it just me or are there too many gimmicks in this season? When the producers start putting clues / notes in peoples personal bags........it just kind of reeks of manipulation to me. There are so many idols, tokens, advantages, exile island, etc. that it hard to keep track of everything and seems to be just way too much of everything. I liked the game a lot more when it was simpler, and you get let the players do their thing without all the other stuff.

  6. #31
    Member ForeverAutumn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    658
    Quote Originally Posted by Gruno View Post
    Hmmm... lemme see if I have this correct:

    Tribe vs. Rob-Parvati-Ethan

    Tribe: How do we weaken Rob?
    Their Answer: Get rid of either Ethan or Parvati to weaken Rob

    Captain Obvious Answer: Vote out Rob

    Am I missing something??
    I really don't understand why Rob and Sandra are still in the game. And why Natalie gave Sandra an advantage. I suspect this may have more to do with personal relationships than with game play.

  7. #32
    Member ForeverAutumn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    658
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveSly View Post
    Is it just me or are there too many gimmicks in this season? When the producers start putting clues / notes in peoples personal bags........it just kind of reeks of manipulation to me. There are so many idols, tokens, advantages, exile island, etc. that it hard to keep track of everything and seems to be just way too much of everything. I liked the game a lot more when it was simpler, and you get let the players do their thing without all the other stuff.
    Agreed. It'll be interesting to see how everything plays out. I think it would be better if all the advantages from IoE had expiry dates, like 2 or three TCs. I would also like to see some IoE competitions to win tokens. Maybe this will happen when there are more people on IoE.

  8. #33
    Member viukkis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Helsinki, Finland
    Posts
    145
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverAutumn View Post
    I really don't understand why Rob and Sandra are still in the game. And why Natalie gave Sandra an advantage. I suspect this may have more to do with personal relationships than with game play.
    If I remember correctly, Natalie said something about having to figure out who is most likely to buy the advantage with their fire token, because if she gave it to someone who decided not to buy it, she would be left empty-handed. So she probably figured that as the only two-time winner who also keeps sucking in challenges, Sandra would not turn down the offer.

  9. #34
    Member ForeverAutumn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    658
    Quote Originally Posted by viukkis View Post
    If I remember correctly, Natalie said something about having to figure out who is most likely to buy the advantage with their fire token, because if she gave it to someone who decided not to buy it, she would be left empty-handed. So she probably figured that as the only two-time winner who also keeps sucking in challenges, Sandra would not turn down the offer.
    Ah yes. That's a really good point!

  10. #35
    Member paythesnuka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Boynton Beach, FL
    Posts
    169
    Ding dong the witch is dead. I haven't been so happy while watching Survivor since Tom Weston won.

    And, no, I don't mean Parv.

    Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    "It's such a fine line between stupid and... clever" -- David St. Hubbins & Derek Smalls, Spinal Tap

  11. #36
    Subterranean Tapir Hobo Chang Ba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Frownland
    Posts
    983
    Quote Originally Posted by paythesnuka View Post
    Ding dong the witch is dead. I haven't been so happy while watching Survivor since Tom Weston won.

    And, no, I don't mean Parv.

    Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    That was a great move. Once tribal started I thought she should do what she did, I just didn't know if she would have the balls for it. I"m very happy it happened (although losing the second idol isn't ideal).
    No humor please, we're skittish.

    Never let good music get in the way of making a profit.

  12. #37
    Member ForeverAutumn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    658
    Quote Originally Posted by Hobo Chang Ba View Post
    That was a great move. Once tribal started I thought she should do what she did, I just didn't know if she would have the balls for it. I"m very happy it happened (although losing the second idol isn't ideal).
    I like that she played the 2nd idol. I don't know if it was her intention, but she showed Sandra that she didn't need Sandra's idol to be safe. In the end she took Sandra's idol from her so Sandra couldn't use it, kept one of her tokens, voted Sandra out with her own idol, and showed that she didn't need the idol at all. It was brilliant! And a really bad move on Sandra's part.

    My guess is that Sandra knew she was on her way out, so why not just orchestrate her own exit.

    Yeah, it kind of sucks that she lost the 2nd idol, but she obviously didn't trust Sandra and didn't want to take the risk that Sandra sold the idol for a token and then voted out Jeremy anyway.

  13. #38
    Moderator Duncan Glenday's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Frederick, MD
    Posts
    794
    And this right after she'd been told that she was a minor league player
    Regards,

    Duncan

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •