Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Survivor - Season 40 And Onward

So, last nights tribal was interesting. First I've ever seen that vote conundrum.
    Duncan's going to make a Horns Emoticon!!!

Subterranean Tapir Hobo Chang Ba's Avatar
    I was hoping they would go to rocks and the girl that caused this to happen by risking her vote (after saying she would play it safe) would have gone home.
    Please don't ask questions, just use google.

Never let good music get in the way of making a profit.

I'm only here to reglaze my bathtub.

Quote Originally Posted by Hobo Chang Ba View Post
    I was hoping they would go to rocks and the girl that caused this to happen by risking her vote (after saying she would play it safe) would have gone home.
    That would have been great karma.

Just had a chance to watch the last episode. I really really really hate the stupid phrase thing that they are doing where the people have 3 people say phrases to get a vote. It is cringeworthy to me.

Other than that, I thought it was a decent episode. Tribal was one of the more interesting ones they have had over the years.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveSly View Post
    Just had a chance to watch the last episode. I really really really hate the stupid phrase thing that they are doing where the people have 3 people say phrases to get a vote. It is cringeworthy to me.

Other than that, I thought it was a decent episode. Tribal was one of the more interesting ones they have had over the years.
    Yeah. They saying thing was cute at first last season, but it grew tiring really fast. And it's impossible to keep your advantage/imunity a secret.

I did like the flashbacks the producers put together of Swati's, "Your my only number one" to each of her tribe mates.

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverAutumn View Post
    Yeah. They saying thing was cute at first last season, but it grew tiring really fast. And it's impossible to keep your advantage/imunity a secret.
    I didn't like it last season either. Just thought it was stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Just Eric View Post
    I did like the flashbacks the producers put together of Swati's, "Your my only number one" to each of her tribe mates.
    Agree, that was well done.

I do find it interesting how many shots in the dark have been used this season already, compared to last season.

I do find it interesting how many shots in the dark have been used this season already, compared to last season.
    Stupid! You have to be really desperate to take a 1-in-6 chance!
    Regards,

Duncan

Wow, discussion has really fallen off for this season. Grand finale tonight. I have enjoyed this season somewhat more as it has gone along, but still think it has some major flaws. It will be interesting to see who comes out on top tonight.

There have been some good tribals. The episode where Mike and Jonathan bonded was the moment of the season for me. The flaws? Too many. Start with eliminating so many damned idols and advantages.

Just checked PlutoTV and Survivor Season 2 just started and is on episode 1.

https://pluto.tv/en/live-tv/survivor-ptv1

That's ancient, but I miss some of those days. Remember when they could bring one item from home with them?

In the end I was happy how this season turned out. I won't post a spoiler in case people have not watched it, but I think the winner changed the mind of the jury during their defense of why they should win, and did not have the votes going into it.

Nowhere near the final 3 I wanted. The ending tanked. Bad luck at the end ended the game for some key players. The jury admitted they were swayed. If one person could have relayed their game better in words, the outcome would have been different, as revealed in the raised-hand count. I thought the season was a good one. I have zero faith they will remove the amount of advantages put in place these past two seasons. In fact, I fear they will add more.

I like this format of having the finale be the final tribal council. Sucks for the players that didn't make jury, but Survivor likes to mostly forget them on finale night. Glad we don't have to see a studio audience with Probst interviewing 10 year old little Emily or Andrew and wasting time asking what they like about Survivor and telling them they too could be on one day. Yeah, not into the interviewing of family members on finale night. I like this finale night format best.

Quote Originally Posted by Gruno View Post
    Nowhere near the final 3 I wanted. The ending tanked. Bad luck at the end ended the game for some key players. The jury admitted they were swayed. If one person could have relayed their game better in words, the outcome would have been different, as revealed in the raised-hand count. I thought the season was a good one. I have zero faith they will remove the amount of advantages put in place these past two seasons. In fact, I fear they will add more.

I like this format of having the finale be the final tribal council. Sucks for the players that didn't make jury, but Survivor likes to mostly forget them on finale night. Glad we don't have to see a studio audience with Probst interviewing 10 year old little Emily or Andrew and wasting time asking what they like about Survivor and telling them they too could be on one day. Yeah, not into the interviewing of family members on finale night. I like this finale night format best.
    I agree with the finale format. As you say in more recent years the non-jury players have been mostly ignored anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Gruno View Post
    My husband and I had this conversation last night and both agree with you. I like that the discussion after the winner is announced is so fresh. Everyone is still in game mode, rather than having gone home, lived their life, and then have to return months later and relive it.

I like that Maryanne won. And screw the spoilers. If you haven't watched the ending and don't want spoilers then you shouldn't be reading this thread yet. She started to win me over a few weeks ago. At the start of the season, she was annoying and acting kinda dumb. I figured she'd be one of the first to go. But she slowly grew on me. I realized that she was playing a better game and was smarter than anyone was giving her credit for. Hell, she found an idol and told NOBODY! She deserves to win for that alone. LOL!

Not the final three I expected. but Romeo winning that final challenge was an unexpected game changer. Of the three that were left, I was okay with anyone but Romeo winning.

I also liked Lindsey and would have loved to see her win had she made it to final three.

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverAutumn View Post
    M Hell, she found an idol and told NOBODY! She deserves to win for that alone. LOL!
    e.
    I think that is the only reason she did win in the end. Her reveal of that information to the jury obviously had an impact. You could see it on their faces. I am convinced that before she let that information be known that Mike was the choice of many on the jury. She definitely played smarter than most gave her credit for.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveSly View Post
    I think that is the only reason she did win in the end. Her reveal of that information to the jury obviously had an impact. You could see it on their faces. I am convinced that before she let that information be known that Mike was the choice of many on the jury. She definitely played smarter than most gave her credit for.
    Finally! After all the seasons screaming at the TV to contestants to NOT TELL ANYONE we have someone who obviously listened to me. I felt season 42 was far better than 41 and I bet they keep many of the new things added to the game. For me there are a few too many advantages making it hard to keep track for both players and viewers.

Quote Originally Posted by Just Eric View Post
    Finally! After all the seasons screaming at the TV to contestants to NOT TELL ANYONE we have someone who obviously listened to me. I felt season 42 was far better than 41 and I bet they keep many of the new things added to the game. For me there are a few too many advantages making it hard to keep track for both players and viewers.
    My thoughts exactly. They need to cut back on the advantages and twists and turns. Although I did end up liking this season, they have made it too complicated IMO.

It always amazes me when people have advantages and then tell other people, but they do it just about every time.

Another bad winner.

Although I feel like this was not a strong cast in this regard.

Another bad winner.

Although I feel like this was not a strong cast in this regard.
    I thought the cast was pretty good, however, the more I watch the more recent Survivors I think 'chance' plays into it over trying to survive, finding idols, game strategy, etc. Over the final contestants I would have picked Mike, I think was his name--the firefighter.

Quote Originally Posted by hippypants View Post
    I thought the cast was pretty good, however, the more I watch the more recent Survivors I think 'chance' plays into it over trying to survive, finding idols, game strategy, etc. Over the final contestants I would have picked Mike, I think was his name--the firefighter.
    I liked the last two season casts, more real people and fewer models. I also think the winner girl deserved it as any other favorite, sans Mike, was eliminated before the final 3.

Reminder that the new season starts tonight!

I saw that! Glad it's back on the air, thanks Autumn.

cool.

Im sure ill be disappointed all over again.