Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 28910111213 LastLast

Thread: Transatlantic-- new album confirmed

Great review indeed.
    I still don't know if I'll get this one, and if so in which version, but I'm glad they're carrying on with their passion for music and your review somehow echoes that warm feeling.

Another great review. Anxious to hear this one.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Here's a new interview with Pete

And a new vid

I got the blue vinyl and CD collection. Oooooohhhhhhh .... Bluuuuuuueeee.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A gentleman is defined as someone who knows how to play the accordion, and doesn't.

Quote Originally Posted by BarryLI View Post
    I went for the hat trick, long, short, and Blu-Ray.
    Is Blu-Ray available separately? From where?
    "Confusion Will Be My Epitaph"

At a certain point in this thread someone mentioned it was available from Neal's site.
    It seems it still is:
    https://www.nealmorse.com/product/th...transatlantic/

Quote Originally Posted by PCMusic View Post
    Is Blu-Ray available separately? From where?
    Hope you can score one.

Quote Originally Posted by Ridge View Post
    Hope you can score one.
    Got it, thaaaaanks
    "Confusion Will Be My Epitaph"

Blu-ray is also available from the Marillion store. I've ordered both CD versions from Burning Shed but am unsure if I need the blu-ray.

Here's an in-depth review for you all regarding both versions of the album.

As great as Lorne's review was, he mostly focuses on the Forevermore version. If you want to hear more about the differences between the two versions and how to approach the whole epic releases, this review gives some more insight:

https://www.sonicperspectives.com/al...lute-universe/

^^^ Scott, I like your writing very much but I just can't handle the way that site is so loaded with flashing advertisements. But you're good!
    Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 3 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***

Quote Originally Posted by Progatron View Post
    ^^^ Scott, I like your writing very much but I just can't handle the way that site is so loaded with flashing advertisements. But you're good!
    Oh, I know what you mean. It was driving me crazy too, with the text moving up and down depending on the ad size. But good news - it's been worked on just this past week and I think it's been greatly improved! Check it out and see what you think. If there's still issues with it, I'll pass the word on.

And thank you for your kind words...it's always a challenge to write a review after yours comes out, so I have to not read yours until mine is finished...otherwise I think, what's the point? Lorne's already said all that needs to be said. So, thank you for only covering Forevermore, so I had something else to write about!

Quote Originally Posted by ScottAM View Post
    Oh, I know what you mean. It was driving me crazy too, with the text moving up and down depending on the ad size. But good news - it's been worked on just this past week and I think it's been greatly improved! Check it out and see what you think. If there's still issues with it, I'll pass the word on.

And thank you for your kind words...it's always a challenge to write a review after yours comes out, so I have to not read yours until mine is finished...otherwise I think, what's the point? Lorne's already said all that needs to be said. So, thank you for only covering Forevermore, so I had something else to write about!
    I just find it too distracting to have ads on the side, bottom, and even in between paragraphs. But that could easily just be me. And thank you! I chose Forevermore because I think it's the version most people will prefer, but again, could just be me. Maybe one day we will co-ordinate on something! That would be fun.
    Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 3 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***

I just find it too distracting to have ads on the side, bottom, and even in between paragraphs. But that could easily just be me.
    It's not a pleasant read with the distractions. I tried to open another browser to block the right side, but then they appeared in the middle of the text. I did skim enough of the review, I suppose.

90 minute version plus blu-ray for me. Glad they offered the latter individually. Sold off all my vinyl 15 years ago.

Is there more excitment, more adventure on this album? Soundscape seems more interesting.
    The older I get, the better I was.

Member since March 2004 mozo-pg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Staun View Post
    Is there more excitment, more adventure on this album? Soundscape seems more interesting.
    What album/band would you recommend then?
    What can this strange device be? When I touch it, it brings forth a sound (2112)

Ad blocker or use Outline.com
    Mongrel dog soils actor's feet

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Splicer View Post
    Ad blocker or use Outline.com
    Or copy and paste into Notepad!

Quote Originally Posted by mozo-pg View Post
    What album/band would you recommend then?
    I was simply making a comparison to the new material and past albums. A lot to absorb here but it's a great listen and I think it will land high in the Transatlantic cannon.
    The older I get, the better I was.

Member since March 2004 mozo-pg's Avatar
    What can this strange device be? When I touch it, it brings forth a sound (2112)

Last "Absolute Interview" is up - Pete interviewed by John Mitchell

Fun interview - lot of Transatlantic history

Profondo Giallo Crystal Plumage's Avatar
    Has anyone here noticed the highlighted letters in the title? You must have. The Absolute Universe = TA V (the fifth album)
    HuGo
    "Very, very nice," said a man in the crowd,
    When the golden voice appeared.
    She was gold alright, but then so is rust.
    "Such a shame about the beard."

I enjoyed Pete's interview. It was funny to hear that he was unsure about being "up to snuff" to play with the rest of the boys. Pete's bass playing is the best part of TA's output to my ears, and I'm glad Portnoy gave him a little TLC through the process.