Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789

Thread: Transatlantic-- new album confirmed

Quote Originally Posted by Splicer View Post
    It's Comfort Prog but there's nothing wrong with putting on toasty socks, grabbing some hot coffee and sitting down to enjoy music that doesn't make you anxious.
    Very true.

Quote Originally Posted by mnprogger View Post
    maybe I shouldn't?..I dunno, i just know those 1st 2 albums when they came out, and still to this day sounded incredibly fresh and engaging. And this just sounds saccharine to me, much like their last 2 did.

But then again, Neal's solo and NMB stuff doesn't sound fresh or engaging either like the work he did with Spock's.

I guess I'll check more of it out when it's available, but yeah, i guess for me to expect something to catch my ear like SMPT:e and Bridge it seems unlikely.
    I understand. When it comes to Transatlantic, it was actually The Whirlwind that I liked the most. I've come to appreciate the first two more since then, but Whirlwind is still my favorite -- musically it's more interesting to me, for some reason. I'm curious to see how this new one sounds in relation to the others once it comes out.

Quote Originally Posted by aith01 View Post
    I understand. When it comes to Transatlantic, it was actually The Whirlwind that I liked the most. I've come to appreciate the first two more since then, but Whirlwind is still my favorite -- musically it's more interesting to me, for some reason. I'm curious to see how this new one sounds in relation to the others once it comes out.
    I am of the same view as you, relative to The Whirlwind. I know it's generally not that popular here on PE, but to me it brings out all the things that I like about the musicians' work. The disc-long epic, which blows me away (excuse the pun), and then some nice original and cover tracks on the Bonus Disc. I am especially drawn to "Spinning" and "Lending A Hand" and also like the "Hogweed" and "Soul Sacrifice" tracks a lot. Stolt, Portnoy, Trewavasa and Morse - what a juggernaut line up and quite a magnificent release.

As to the new release, I will eventually purchase the extended version CD's and am looking forward to listening to them in depth.

Sounds good! Got my order in at Ken's! Come quickly, Feb.5!!
    "Moustache stays right where it's at" - Clutch

Quote Originally Posted by aith01 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SunRunner2 View Post
    I am of the same view as you, relative to The Whirlwind. I know it's generally not that popular here on PE, but to me it brings out all the things that I like about the musicians' work. The disc-long epic, which blows me away (excuse the pun), and then some nice original and cover tracks on the Bonus Disc. I am especially drawn to "Spinning" and "Lending A Hand" and also like the "Hogweed" and "Soul Sacrifice" tracks a lot. Stolt, Portnoy, Trewavasa and Morse - what a juggernaut line up and quite a magnificent release.

Another Whirlwind fan here. I enjoy their other albums, to varying degrees, but repeat spins of Whirlwind don't diminish my appreciation nor enjoyment of it.

Great song, it gives a good preview of the new TA album. I'm in.

I can say that of the very few good things caused by covid, this can be one of them. On how these musicians normally go about their professional lives, it takes a span of 4-5 years to write, record and promote a new TA album.
    Sadly, the touring part is as frozen as the covid vaccines will be while shipped to the world.

Not only the vocals are great but so the arrangements are as well. This 9 minute track is so good it felt like a 3 minute short track, the lyrics are also very "covid" influenced about the lockdowns and isolation but again, it is a motivator to expand their creative juices and share with the fans.

Also added to my LE wish list, can't wait.

Transatlantic makes life a little bit better...
    Prog's Not Dead

Quote Originally Posted by Rajaz View Post
    I can say that of the very few good things caused by covid, this can be one of them. On how these musicians normally go about their professional lives, it takes a span of 4-5 years to write, record and promote a new TA album.
    The tracking sessions took place in mid-2019, unless I'm mistaken. If anything, Covid delayed the release, rather than made the project happen.
    Calyx (Canterbury Scene) - http://www.calyx-canterbury.fr
    Legends In Their Own Lunchtime (blog) - https://canterburyscene.wordpress.com/
    My latest books : "Yes" (2017) - https://lemotetlereste.com/musiques/yes/ + "L'Ecole de Canterbury" (2016) - http://lemotetlereste.com/musiques/lecoledecanterbury/ + "King Crimson" (2012/updated 2018) - http://lemotetlereste.com/musiques/kingcrimson/
    Canterbury & prog interviews - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCdf...IUPxUMA/videos

WOW!!! and a good video to boot.... One could say almost epic... Expectations surpassed...

Count me in as another fan of The Whirlwind. This time they might even have surpassed that very album. Just wow