Thread: New Dave Sim / Cerebus Interview

New Dave Sim / Cerebus Interview

http://progsheet1.hypermart.net/cerebus2020.html

For all my fellow Cerebus fans!
    Sleeping at home is killing the hotel business!

I sorta knew about Cerebus in Hell, but it dropped off my radars. I read the original series in its entirety. I’m guessing I should start reading this too, right?
    I want to dynamite your mind with love tonight.

Yup!

John, ever read about the Dave Sim-Jeff Smith scenario Bryan Talbot wrote about in his book The Naked Artist? Interesting stuff.

talbotbryan_thenakedartist.jpg

Despite the growing crankiness and misogyny I managed to finish Cerebus, mostly by waiting to buy the last hundred issues in the "phone book" editions without Sim's horrid editorials. I mean, the man is entitled to his opinions - even in Canada - but seriously, what a wackjob he turned into.

Cerebus itself started out kind of silly, became majestic, then descended to ... I don't know what you'd call that last storyline. Pathos, I guess. And to his credit, Sim kept his promises about going exactly 300 issues and ending the story with the Earth-Pig dying alone, unloved, and unmourned. Depressing but uplifting at the same time, I guess.
    Cobra handling and cocaine use are a bad mix.

Quote Originally Posted by dropforge View Post
    John, ever read about the Dave Sim-Jeff Smith scenario Bryan Talbot wrote about in his book The Naked Artist? Interesting stuff.

talbotbryan_thenakedartist.jpg
    Not yet, but you've piqued my interest!