Thread: Yamaha CP 70B

Yamaha CP 70B

I have a question for those in the know. I have a Yamaha CP 70 B with road cases in excellent condition. Due
    to current space considerations, I would like to sell this and replace it with a controller. Is there any value in this dinosaur?
    A Comfort Zone is not a Life Sentence

I love those things, and they have a wonderful and unique sound, but they go for $400 and under......
    Steve F.

www.waysidemusic.com
    www.cuneiformrecords.com

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

“Remember, if it doesn't say "Cuneiform," it's not prog!” - THE Jed Levin

Any time any one speaks to me about any musical project, the one absolute given is "it will not make big money". [tip of the hat to HK]

"Death to false 'support the scene' prog!"

please add 'imo' wherever you like, to avoid offending those easily offended.

I took a look on Reverb. There are nine sold listings for the CP-70B. Five of them were listed at $500 - $800 when they sold, but that doesn't mean that's what they sold for; it could have been less if the buyer accepted an offer, and there's no way to tell what that offer would have been.

The other four sold when the listed price was between $1,100, $1,200, $1,500 and $2,500. All these were listed in "very good" to "excellent" condition. Only one that was listed at $800 was listed in "very good" condition, the others ranged from fair to good. There's one active listing on there now for one in "fair" condition for $400 (down from $750). So I'd say the low end is somewhere around $400, the high end would be possibly up to $1,100 - $1,200 depending on the condition of your instrument. That $2,500 looks like a crazy outlier to me, and probably didn't sell for that amount.

Hope that helps.

Bill

Pianos in general, which require tuning and other regular maintenance simply do not sell anymore. That's on top of the space they occupy.
    "Well my son, life is like a beanstalk, isn't it?"--Dalai Lama

Quote Originally Posted by progmatist View Post
    Pianos in general, which require tuning and other regular maintenance simply do not sell anymore. That's on top of the space they occupy.
    One sold on eBay on 12/15/19 for $2,137.00. Another sold on 11/24/19 for $2,162.00, and another on 11/18/19 for $750.00. Maybe that $2,500 wasn't so out of the question... but I'm sure it would have to be in great condition. Another one on eBay just sold for $340.00, but it looks like it was in rough condition. Got a lot of bids, though. There is clearly interest in these, and if yours is in good condition, you might get some money for it.

Bill

Thank you everyone for the input. Greatly appreciated!
    A Comfort Zone is not a Life Sentence

Quote Originally Posted by progmatist View Post
    Add to this that the Yamaha CP series electroacoustic pianos are very tricky to tune (especially in the lowest 1st octave register) and most standard piano tuners can't cope with it. Otherwise it's a very unique sounding and pleasant to play istrument. Also, the keyboard responsiveness and touch is closer to a real piano than any keyboard controller you may find.