Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Marillion's Script for a Jester's Tear Deluxe Edition, April 3, 2020

NEARfest Officer Emeritus Nearfest2's Avatar

Marillion's Script for a Jester's Tear Deluxe Edition, April 3, 2020

http://marillion.com/news/newsitem.htm?id=473

Script For A Jester's Tear is being released as a 4CD / 1 Blu-Ray set and a four-LP box.

Both collections feature a new stereo mix of the album by Andy Bradfield and Avril Mackintosh.

They also include a stereo remix of the Market Square Heroes EP (and the track "Charting The Single") and a previously unreleased show from the Marquee Club in London on 29th December 1982.

The blu-ray contains 96k/24-bit audio of Script and the Market Square Heroes EP and the Marquee show. It also includes a 5.1 surround mix of Script by Andy Bradfield & Avril Mackintosh.

Finally, it also features "Sackcloth & Greasepaint" - a new in-depth 90 minute documentary covering the formation of the band through to the release of Script in 1983, and including interviews with Fish, Mark Kelly, Diz Minnit, Mick Pointer, Steve Rothery, Pete Trewavas and Mark Wilkinson.

The first 4000 orders across all formats will receive an A4 print of the album artwork (while stocks last) hand signed by Mark Kelly, Steve Rothery, Pete Trewavas and Mick Pointer.

Both sets will be released on 3rd April 2020 and are available now for pre-order from the Racket Store.
    Chad

Member since March 2004 mozo-pg's Avatar
    Thanks for posting Chad.
    What can this strange device be? When I touch it, it brings forth a sound (2112)

Done. The CD & Vinyl delivered to my door on the Left Coast USA is $130.27.

I imagine Fugazi will be next......
    The Ice Cream Lady Wet her drawers........To see you in the Passion Playyyy eeee - I. Anderson

"It's kind of like deciding not to date a beautiful blonde anymore because she farted." - Top Cat

I was expecting to be kinda meh, but it made my nips stiffen - Jerjo

(Zamran) "that fucking thing man . . . it sits there on my wall like a broken clock " - Helix

Social Media is the "Toilet" of the Internet - Lady Gaga

The one and only neo-prog album I still own and love , but I'll be passing on this, as there is nothing in it for me.

I already own the double CD reissue and since the boxset's BR will not contain the Recital For a Script (I own it as a stand-alone anyways), and I don't care much for the documentary
    my music collection increased tenfolds when I switched from drug-addicts to complete nutcases.

Quote Originally Posted by Garyhead View Post
    I'd guess Seasons End or Holidays In Eden will come next.
    Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 3 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***

Quote Originally Posted by Nearfest2 View Post
    The first 4000 orders across all formats will receive an A4 print of the album artwork (while stocks last) hand signed by Mark Kelly, Steve Rothery, Pete Trewavas and Mick Pointer.
    And, as before, if you pre-order it from Fish's shop, you will get the set signed by Fish. ( http://fishmusic.scot/store/ ).

And for those attending Fish's March shows in the UK:
    Thanks to an earlier than expected delivery from Warners fans attending the UK shows in March will be able to purchase the new ‘Script’ remasters on vinyl and deluxe Blu-ray versions at the merchandise stall before the official release date on April 3rd. Warners and I reached an agreement that I could sell on the UK tour in order that fans that are attending the shows can save on mail order postage.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Roth View Post
    And, as before, if you pre-order it from Fish's shop, you will get the set signed by Fish. ( http://fishmusic.scot/store/ ).

And for those attending Fish's March shows in the UK:
    Thanks to an earlier than expected delivery from Warners fans attending the UK shows in March will be able to purchase the new ‘Script’ remasters on vinyl and deluxe Blu-ray versions at the merchandise stall before the official release date on April 3rd. Warners and I reached an agreement that I could sell on the UK tour in order that fans that are attending the shows can save on mail order postage.
    CD/BR combo ordered through Racket comes to $40, Fish $54, shipping's a killa.

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Garyhead View Post
    Done. The CD & Vinyl delivered to my door on the Left Coast USA is $130.27.

Quote Originally Posted by Progatron View Post
    I'd guess Seasons End or Holidays In Eden will come next.
    Haven’t we been through this before? I’m pretty sure Lucy Jordache said Fugazi will be next after Script.

nice.

Still have a soft spot for this one. I may have to get it...

Ordered. Marillion is definitely doing these sets right. Reasonably priced, I'm not forced to buy vinyl to get the Blu-ray, nice packaging and you can get it with autographs if you order from Racket directly.

For those of you who already have the Marquee 1982 set in the Early Stages box, that show is taken from the 30th December. The gig in this new Script set is taken from the night before.

If you've already heard the ES Marquee set, you'll know what to expect in terms of sound quality and setlist (eg excellent audio and choice of songs). Setlist looks the same for both nights, but knowing Fish, the banter between songs will be different.

I've not bothered with these deluxe sets so far, given the variable comments on the core album remixes, but this is one I might go for, just for the nostalgia factor. (Spring 1983 was something of a prog-awakening for me.)

Good to know re the Early Stages box and the fact it is two different shows. Guess I need this.

I'm very excited about this. I always thought the mix could be better.

I also like that they included Diz and especially Mick in the interview.

This is too much milking the cow but price seems fair.

Quote Originally Posted by Rajaz View Post
    This is too much milking the cow but price seems fair.
    Totally disagree.
    I like these and all the Tull deluxe editions

I bought this on cassette in 1983, one of the few times that I bought an album purely based on the cover art and "bass pedals and Rickenbacher bass" in the credits. I found a brand new still sealed copy of he original vinyl for $3.00 a few years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by the winter tree View Post
    I bought this on cassette in 1983, one of the few times that I bought an album purely based on the cover art and "bass pedals and Rickenbacher bass" in the credits.
    Nice. What were your initial thoughts on hearing it for the first time?

I found a brand new still sealed copy of he original vinyl for $3.00 a few years ago.
    Holy cow! Did you buy it?

I loved it from the first few seconds and definitely heard the Genesis influence yet had their own thing to offer also. At the time I was listening to Saga "Heads of Tails", The Fixx "Reach the Beach", Genensis self titled , and the Police "Synchronicity" .

Yes, immediately bought the vinyl for $3 and it sounds fantastic!

I loved it from the first few seconds and definitely heard the Genesis influence yet had their own thing to offer also. At the time I was listening to Saga "Heads of Tails", The Fixx "Reach the Beach", Genensis self titled , and the Police "Synchronicity" .

Yes, immediately bought the vinyl for $3 and it sounds fantastic!
    $3 for an unopened vinyl copy of Script? That's a steal. You lucked out on that one.

I imagine that must have been pretty cool to hear something like Marillion at the time you were into Saga, the Police, and the others.

Apart from The Police it looks like we had the same listening-habbit those days, although I also had the debut of Tears For Fears, DS Al Coda (National Health), Crack The Sky's World In Motion 1 and John Watts' The Iceberg Model on the record-player those months in 1983 (to name a few).

Yeah, those were the order of the day over here, with number of plays going, highest to lowest, to Saga, Genesis, and (tie) Police/Fixx. Classics, all of them.

^I was also listening a lot to Tony Banks' "The Fugitive" and Eddie Jobson's "Zinc"

^I was also listening a lot to Tony Banks' "The Fugitive" and Eddie Jobson's "Zinc"
    Nice, man!