Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Marillion's Script for a Jester's Tear Deluxe Edition, April 3, 2020

Quote Originally Posted by The Czar View Post
    Hmmm, I doubt it, but awesome that you guys are able to rip the audio.
    Different strokes for different folks, I guess. Sometimes it is possible to hear a noticeable difference in the low end. This would greatly depend on the system used for playback, too.

Similar to the resolution differences of a GIF image (8bit) compared to a JPG image (24bit) to a PNG image (32bit) you can hear more depth provided in the audio files. CD standard is 16bit versus a high-resolution file at 24bit, if it is indeed a true 24bit not upsampled and sold by a stanky unscrupulous turd. More bits equals more information equals more file space. Probably not worth it if you are listening on earbuds or a 1970s full range single speaker car stereo. But a pair of L100s with a clean power amp fed by a good quality converter... up to the listener.

For me, I don't mind if it is 96k or 192k. I'm more concerned with it being 24bit rather than 16bit.
    Last edited by timmy; 04-04-2020 at 12:22 PM.
    "Why is it when these great Prog guys get together, they always want to make a Journey album?"
    - fiberman, 7/5/2015

Looks like pre-orders from the likes of Burning Shed are now shipping again.

I received my copy last week, and after going through every disc, I've put together a blog review, offering some observations on the contents and the remixes.

Feel free to head over here to read it, if you're interested.

I ordered direct from Fish on March 27th and I don't even think it's left the UK yet.

Mine shipped from Racket on 3/19/20 and I haven't received it yet here in the US - should I be contacting them, or are there a number of other US people who haven't gotten theirs yet and just waiting for the boat to arrive? --Peter

Quote Originally Posted by Proglodite View Post
    Mine shipped from Racket on 3/19/20 and I haven't received it yet here in the US - should I be contacting them, or are there a number of other US people who haven't gotten theirs yet and just waiting for the boat to arrive? --Peter
    I would have ordered from Amazon or Ebay had I known the sellers I usually go through were going to have them in stock so soon, but I kept seeing May 11th or something as the date they would have them in stock.
    Oh well, as long as i get it. I would hate yo miss out and have to pay huge prices for it later

Old man of prog
    Sorry to report yours is definitely lost in the ozone

I've been waiting over a month for stuff to arrive from Italy (to Canada). I know that's not exactly the same as UK to US, but the mail is painfully slow everywhere right now with everything that's going on.
    Prog, Metal and Classic rock reviews/interviews - www.velvetthunder.co.uk

Ordered March 27th, arrived May 14th.
    Took an extra 3200 miles because the USPS is stupid...after sitting in customs for three weeks?

That was also my ship date, and it arrived in less than two weeks. Indeed, unusually quickly for Royal Mail. I'd contact Racket and see if they can help.

Yeah, I'm the same as rdclark, mine arrived two weeks after I ordered (from Racket). I'm in central Pennsylvania, USA.

I've contacted Racket and I'm fine with them asking me to wait another week or 10 days. At least some of the delayed ones seem to be sporadically showing up! --Peter

Thank goodness I ordered mine from Laser's Edge out of NJ. Had it the next day. No signatures, but I am fine with that.

Mine finally showed up today (6/3/2020) - do I hold the record for longest time in transit? --Peter

Mine finally showed up today (6/3/2020) - do I hold the record for longest time in transit? --Peter
    You are the...um...winner?

I received my replacement copy last week and sent off payment to Racket, so does anyone in the States need this with the autographed print? E-mail me Prognerd@mindspring.com $40 includes US shipping. --Peter