Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 115

Thread: Marillion's Script for a Jester's Tear Deluxe Edition, April 3, 2020

  1. #51
    Member PixelDelirium's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Kendall Park, NJ
    Posts
    192
    Got mine today here in NJ! Very surprising given the state of things in both the UK and US at this point. My only problem is that the frame I've been using for the autographed mini-posters for the other releases won't be delivered by Amazon until April 21. Ripping the Blu-ray now though...

  2. #52
    Old man of prog
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    New Haven
    Posts
    280
    Quote Originally Posted by PixelDelirium View Post
    Got mine today here in NJ! Very surprising given the state of things in both the UK and US at this point. My only problem is that the frame I've been using for the autographed mini-posters for the other releases won't be delivered by Amazon until April 21. Ripping the Blu-ray now though...
    Please let us know how the remix sounds when you can. Hope mine comes tomorrow.

  3. #53
    Just had Email from Amazon saying delivery will be delayed - pity was looking forward to getting this to listen to in lockdown.

  4. #54
    Received mine from Racket yesterday (impressively fast shipping, actually...pandemic or otherwise).

    It's a nice set, in terms of presentation/content it might be the best so far. New mix is fine, live concert is grand (nice bonus having the full concert video too). And I thought the 90+ minute documentary was a nice deep dive into the earliest days, some funny stories peppered throughout.
    Ephemeral Sun - because I gotta do something about these boxes of CDs in the basement: http://www.ephemeralsun.com

  5. #55
    Member since March 2004 mozo-pg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    11,487
    I tried resistening but pre-ordered the box yesterday on Amazon. Due on May 1st.
    What can this strange device be? When I touch it, it brings forth a sound.

  6. #56
    Market Square Heroes from disc 2 is the 'battlepriest' version...

  7. #57
    Member The Czar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    292
    I ordered directly from fish because if the u.s. Distributors I having to wait until May to get them, at least fish already has them. I got an email saying my order was processed this morning. I hope to get it within at least 3 weeks

  8. #58
    Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Westchester, NY
    Posts
    9,916
    Warner wanted Racket to hold off and not ship them early, but Racket didn’t listen! I got mine a few days ago.

  9. #59
    Member Firth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Severn, MD
    Posts
    3,633
    Quote Originally Posted by PixelDelirium View Post
    Ordered. Marillion is definitely doing these sets right. Reasonably priced, I'm not forced to buy vinyl to get the Blu-ray, nice packaging and you can get it with autographs if you order from Racket directly.
    Yeh this is great. The remaster I have for Script was an improvement but not up to quality on Misplaced Childhood remaster. Would a high res remix of this and the following Fish Marillion and Seasons End be nice. I think so, even though MC remastered is good. Marillion beyond Seasonís End ainít bad, just samey EMO to me.
    On the verge of indecision
    I'll always take the roundabout way

  10. #60
    I'll pass.
    Have the original vinyl and the Grendel picture disc and the double CD set. I prefer buying stuff I don't already own.

  11. #61
    Member The Czar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    292
    Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    Warner wanted Racket to hold off and not ship them early, but Racket didn’t listen! I got mine a few days ago.
    Street dates are silly anyway.
    If it's available, why make people wait?

  12. #62
    Insect Overlord Progatron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    southern Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    3,277
    Quote Originally Posted by Rarebird View Post
    I'll pass.
    Have the original vinyl and the Grendel picture disc and the double CD set. I prefer buying stuff I don't already own.
    This does have stuff you don't already own though. The complete live '82 show is previously unreleased, the 90 minute documentary is brand new, the surround mix is brand new, the book is brand new. There's also the complete Recital Of The Script video if you don't have that.
    Prog, Metal and Classic rock reviews/interviews - www.velvetthunder.co.uk

  13. #63
    Quote Originally Posted by Progatron View Post
    This does have stuff you don't already own though. The complete live '82 show is previously unreleased, the 90 minute documentary is brand new, the surround mix is brand new, the book is brand new. There's also the complete Recital Of The Script video if you don't have that.
    Of course, there are always some things I don't have, but though I like Marilllion, it is not a group I go to very great lenghts to get every note they have ever recorded. I don't have a surround set, so no use for that. It is more a matter of priorities. Perhaps if they would release the live-show as a seperate disk, I might buy it, for the right price, but even that isn't sure. And how often do I want to watch a documentary?

  14. #64
    Insect Overlord Progatron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    southern Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    3,277
    Quote Originally Posted by Rarebird View Post
    Of course, there are always some things I don't have, but though I like Marilllion, it is not a group I go to very great lenghts to get every note they have ever recorded. I don't have a surround set, so no use for that. It is more a matter of priorities. Perhaps if they would release the live-show as a seperate disk, I might buy it, for the right price, but even that isn't sure. And how often do I want to watch a documentary?
    Fair enough. These are big selling points for a lot of fans though, it's a pretty solid boxed set for the fans of this period to enjoy, I think.
    Prog, Metal and Classic rock reviews/interviews - www.velvetthunder.co.uk

  15. #65
    Member Garyhead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Washington State
    Posts
    610
    Quote Originally Posted by Rarebird View Post
    And how often do I want to watch a documentary?
    Actually, I watch the Kansas Miracles Out Of Nowhere a couple times a year....it's uplifting and the guys are so humbled / surprised at their rise to the top.

    The Beatles Anthology also gets played....great vintage video and its nice to hear from "the lads" themselves!

    As a musician, I'm always intrigued by the creative process of folks who made a difference. YMMV
    The Ice Cream Lady Wet her drawers........To see you in the Passion Playyyy eeee - I. Anderson

    "It's kind of like deciding not to date a beautiful blonde anymore because she farted." - Top Cat

    I was expecting to be kinda meh, but it made my nips stiffen - Jerjo

    (Zamran) "that fucking thing man . . . it sits there on my wall like a broken clock " - Helix

    Social Media is the "Toilet" of the Internet - Lady Gaga

  16. #66
    Quote Originally Posted by Garyhead View Post
    Actually, I watch the Kansas Miracles Out Of Nowhere a couple times a year....it's uplifting and the guys are so humbled / surprised at their rise to the top.

    The Beatles Anthology also gets played....great vintage video and its nice to hear from "the lads" themselves!

    As a musician, I'm always intrigued by the creative process of folks who made a difference. YMMV
    To me it is just like books, I watch them once and then? There is so much else to do.

  17. #67
    Old man of prog
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    New Haven
    Posts
    280
    I want this so bad!!! My package shipped from Racket on March 19th and it's not here yet

  18. #68
    Member The Czar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    292
    Quote Originally Posted by progmeister View Post
    I want this so bad!!! My package shipped from Racket on March 19th and it's not here yet
    I ordered from Fish last friday.

  19. #69
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Delaware County PA
    Posts
    338
    Quote Originally Posted by The Czar View Post
    I ordered from Fish last friday.
    Good luck. Mine shipped the same date and arrived here in southeast Pennsylvania on the 26th (amazingly fast, actually).

  20. #70
    Old man of prog
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    New Haven
    Posts
    280
    Quote Originally Posted by rdclark View Post
    Good luck. Mine shipped the same date and arrived here in southeast Pennsylvania on the 26th (amazingly fast, actually).
    ARGHHHHHHHH@#$%^&**&*(()!!!!!!!!!!!!

  21. #71
    Member The Czar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    292
    Quote Originally Posted by rdclark View Post
    Good luck. Mine shipped the same date and arrived here in southeast Pennsylvania on the 26th (amazingly fast, actually).
    I'm hoping it got out of their post office that day I ordered.
    I also ordered all three Church of the Crimson Skull cds two nights ago from the UK.
    I just got the 3 disc Kevin Gilbert "Thud" today and that was priority. Ordered that last Friday too

  22. #72
    Member The Czar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    292
    Quote Originally Posted by progmeister View Post
    ARGHHHHHHHH@#$%^&**&*(()!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Here's hoping for tomorrow

  23. #73
    Member since March 2004 mozo-pg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    11,487
    I can be patient and wait for another month from Amazon. With Prime, free shipping. I would like it sooner but free shipping is a huge incentive to wait longer.
    What can this strange device be? When I touch it, it brings forth a sound.

  24. #74
    NEARfest Officer Emeritus Nearfest2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    1,762
    I watched the documentary film on the set last night. Really informative. They do a nice job with these.
    Chad

  25. #75
    I ordered on March 29 and Amazon says it'll arrive on April 3.

    Fingers crossed.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •