Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 66

Thread: Marillion's Script for a Jester's Tear Deluxe Edition, April 3, 2020

  1. #26
    Every now and then I find an overlooked gem in a used record store. Most are tucked away in the bargain section amongst the Laura Brannigan and Kenny Rogers albums. I found a mint copy of Daryl Hall's Sacred Songs for 75 cents in a bargain bin.
    I think that often a young store employee or someone not familiar with certain genres stocks these with the dross. It's worth the torture of looking through the bargain sections when a jewel appears.

  2. #27
    Member since March 2004 mozo-pg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    10,771
    Been listening to Sacred Songs this week.
    What can this strange device be? When I touch it, it brings forth a sound.

  3. #28
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Pennsylvania, USA
    Posts
    111
    "Fish reunited with the poem that inspired Marillion’s Jester character"
    https://www.loudersound.com/news/fis...ster-character

  4. #29
    Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Westchester, NY
    Posts
    9,765
    Quote Originally Posted by Yaman Aksu View Post
    "Fish reunited with the poem that inspired Marillion’s Jester character"
    https://www.loudersound.com/news/fis...ster-character
    Very cool that someone found that!

  5. #30
    The eons are closing
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    NY/NJ
    Posts
    1,092
    That is a super cool story.
    No one plans to take the path that brings you lower

  6. #31
    Insect Overlord Progatron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    southern Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    3,064
    I have an early copy of this set and it's quite nice. I just watched the 90 minute documentary which is interesting, but a little different this time around, as they are interviewed separately instead of gathered together for a group reminisce. I assume this is because Fish and Mick Pointer don't get along.

    Pretty cool that they've included the entire Recital Of The Script video as well, I guess I can sell my old DVD. The album remix is the least interesting feature for me, as I've never cared much for the album itself. I love the songs, but the recording here is so lifeless and wooden to my ears, these songs really came to life in a live setting. Speaking of which, the previously unreleased '82 show is a cracker! Haven't checked out the surround mix yet. Nice little book included again too. Good set!
    Prog, Metal and Classic rock reviews/interviews - www.velvetthunder.co.uk

  7. #32
    Member Dok's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Land of the Blue Smoke
    Posts
    242
    Under $30 at ImportCDs using GREEN10 discount.

  8. #33
    Member The Czar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    260
    I am glad that they are doing the interview separate so I don't have to deal with people talking over each other. Have a Jethro Tull documentary that has all of them separate and it's just so much better because then you get honest feedback

  9. #34
    Orange Tick Squasher Buddhabreath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Divided Snakes of America
    Posts
    1,742
    Amazing story about the lost poem, but after reading it maybe it should have stayed lost.
    The combined fortunes of the world's 26 richest individuals reached $1.4 trillion last year the same amount as the total wealth of the 3.8 billion poorest people.

    Rescued from Oblivion
    I Can't Stand My Own Mind

  10. #35
    Quote Originally Posted by Buddhabreath View Post
    Amazing story about the lost poem, but after reading it maybe it should have stayed lost.
    Ugh, really? Come on man... The poem’s content is beside the point. It’s a piece of juvenilia, but it understandably has some sentimental value to Fish.

  11. #36
    Orange Tick Squasher Buddhabreath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Divided Snakes of America
    Posts
    1,742
    ^^^ Of course. Don’t be so serious. Anyway you nailed it with “juvenilia”.
    The combined fortunes of the world's 26 richest individuals reached $1.4 trillion last year the same amount as the total wealth of the 3.8 billion poorest people.

    Rescued from Oblivion
    I Can't Stand My Own Mind

  12. #37
    Old man of prog
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    New Haven
    Posts
    243
    Got my ship notification from the Racket store. Can’t wait!

  13. #38
    Insect Overlord Progatron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    southern Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    3,064
    Had a great Skype with Pete Trewavas this evening, 45 minutes long. I never finished my questions for him because WOW can he talk if you let him go! Great guy, very genuine, very appreciative. Really enjoyed it.
    Prog, Metal and Classic rock reviews/interviews - www.velvetthunder.co.uk

  14. #39
    Member since March 2004 mozo-pg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    10,771
    Quote Originally Posted by Progatron View Post
    Had a great Skype with Pete Trewavas this evening, 45 minutes long. I never finished my questions for him because WOW can he talk if you let him go! Great guy, very genuine, very appreciative. Really enjoyed it.
    How cool is that.
    What can this strange device be? When I touch it, it brings forth a sound.

  15. #40
    A perpetual lurker here, never posted before as usually someone else will say or ask what I would anyway but now I just need to know...

    Quote Originally Posted by Progatron View Post

    Pretty cool that they've included the entire Recital Of The Script video as well, I guess I can sell my old DVD.
    Is this part of the included Blu-Ray or another disc they added as favor to you as there is no mention of it what so ever in any of the Deluxe Ed. description I've seen:

    http://marillion.com/shop/albums/remast49.htm

    I know I'll find out whenever I get my copy (it's coming from Scotland so may be later then most ) but this would be quite ironic for me as I only just bought the Recital DVD 2 weeks ago! lol If it is legitimately part of the Deluxe edition, then I'll give my newly aquired dvd to a friend. Just would rather be able to do it sooner then later if possible, so if you can clarify that for me Progatron, it'll be greatly appreciated!

    back to lurk mode, be well all...

  16. #41
    Member PixelDelirium's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Kendall Park, NJ
    Posts
    162
    Yep, mine shipped as well. I'm wondering how long it's going to take to get here though. Under normal circumstances I've had stuff take as little as a few days and as long as six weeks from the UK. Now, who knows?

  17. #42
    Insect Overlord Progatron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    southern Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    3,064
    Quote Originally Posted by mozo-pg View Post
    How cool is that.
    It was a lot of fun. I always enjoy my interviewing, but it's especially nice when the musician is someone as friendly and down to earth as Pete Trewavas is. I'll post the link when I've got it transcribed.

    Quote Originally Posted by reynard View Post
    Is this part of the included Blu-Ray or another disc they added as favor to you as there is no mention of it what so ever in any of the Deluxe Ed. description I've seen:
    It's part of the official set, it's not just for me. I'm not sure why it's not included in the promo info, perhaps they decided at a late hour to tack it on? Not sure. Here's my own photo from the back cover of the actual box:

    cd8.jpg

    (sorry it's sideways, I have no idea why that happened.)
    Prog, Metal and Classic rock reviews/interviews - www.velvetthunder.co.uk

  18. #43
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Location
    israel
    Posts
    9
    wow, this is really surprising! in the promos there was not a word about inclusion of the video of "recital of the script" and this is on blu ray! what a great surprise. thank you for this!

  19. #44
    Insect Overlord Progatron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    southern Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    3,064
    Quote Originally Posted by igal75 View Post
    wow, this is really surprising! in the promos there was not a word about inclusion of the video of "recital of the script" and this is on blu ray! what a great surprise. thank you for this!
    I've just looked at the promo photo for this set on the official Marillion page. I don't think that was ever real - I think that is an image they created digitally when they hadn't finalized what was going to actually be on the box, because it is quite a bit different than the finished product. The book shown in the photo is the same as the finished book, but the content of the discs are different. It's strange that they've left that photo up, because the final version is far better than what they were saying it was going to be there. Especially the blu-ray disc.
    Prog, Metal and Classic rock reviews/interviews - www.velvetthunder.co.uk

  20. #45
    Insect Overlord Progatron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    southern Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    3,064
    My interview with Pete Trewavas is now up! Hope you like it.

    https://www.velvetthunder.co.uk/scri...er-hot-topics/
    Prog, Metal and Classic rock reviews/interviews - www.velvetthunder.co.uk

  21. #46
    Member since March 2004 mozo-pg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    10,771
    Quote Originally Posted by Progatron View Post
    My interview with Pete Trewavas is now up! Hope you like it.

    https://www.velvetthunder.co.uk/scri...er-hot-topics/
    - Not a hint of fanboyism, just very original questions, not retreading typical questions, and such in-depth responses from Pete.
    What can this strange device be? When I touch it, it brings forth a sound.

  22. #47
    Insect Overlord Progatron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    southern Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    3,064
    Quote Originally Posted by mozo-pg View Post
    - Not a hint of fanboyism, just very original questions, not retreading typical questions, and such in-depth responses from Pete.
    Thank you for that!

    I've just read that Warners has closed their warehouse with everything that's going on, and this box is now postponed until the fall. Fortunately for the early birds that ordered initially from the official Marillion or Fish stores, they had some stock and have been sending them out early (even some North Americans have been receiving them the past couple of days). But Marillion tried ordering more to replace their stock, and couldn't - so a lot of people now will be stuck without it for months.
    Last edited by Progatron; 5 Days Ago at 04:47 PM.
    Prog, Metal and Classic rock reviews/interviews - www.velvetthunder.co.uk

  23. #48
    Member Garyhead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Washington State
    Posts
    563
    Quote Originally Posted by Progatron View Post
    Thank you for that!

    I've just read that Warners has closed their warehouse with everything that's going on, and this box is now postponed until the fall. Fortunately for the early birds that ordered initially from the official Marillion or Fish stores, they had some stock and have been sending them out early (even some North Americans have been receiving them the past couple of days). But Marillion tried ordering more to replace their stock, so a lot of people now will be stuck without it for months.
    Yup. Just got my copy yesterday on the West Coast USA....Its 2 Weeks early! Bought the CD/BR and the LP's so got TWO autographed sheets included in the package...bought from the bands website.

    Been in contact with ImportCD....there was a glitch with my Pendragon order last week. They stated they were indeed open for business and promptly shipped a copy to me....they were communicating with me outside of business hours as well a during business hours. I suppose they'll be in business until the suppliers shut down.
    The Ice Cream Lady Wet her drawers........To see you in the Passion Playyyy eeee - I. Anderson

    "It's kind of like deciding not to date a beautiful blonde anymore because she farted." - Top Cat

    I was expecting to be kinda meh, but it made my nips stiffen - Jerjo

    (Zamran) "that fucking thing man . . . it sits there on my wall like a broken clock " - Helix

    Social Media is the "Toilet" of the Internet - Lady Gaga

  24. #49
    Member The Czar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    260
    Has Wayside been getting these? Maybe we can still get it through them?

  25. #50
    Old man of prog
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    New Haven
    Posts
    243
    Quote Originally Posted by Garyhead View Post
    Yup. Just got my copy yesterday on the West Coast USA....Its 2 Weeks early! Bought the CD/BR and the LP's so got TWO autographed sheets included in the package...bought from the bands website.

    Been in contact with ImportCD....there was a glitch with my Pendragon order last week. They stated they were indeed open for business and promptly shipped a copy to me....they were communicating with me outside of business hours as well a during business hours. I suppose they'll be in business until the suppliers shut down.
    I'm so jealous! Got my shipping notice but has not arrived on East Coast yet. How does the remix sound? Unfortunately though nothing can make Mick Pointer sound good This is one of my top favorite records of all time tho.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •