Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Three Members of Genesis Went to a Knicks Game — Speculations Abound

Quote Originally Posted by Firth View Post
    Dulcimer or Zylophone
    Well, with Nic on bongos, Mike on bass uke and Tony on skeptiphone?

Quote Originally Posted by aith01 View Post
    That's a pretty bold claim, and one that I can't agree with. As much as I like Sound of Contact, they could never eclipse those post-1980 Genesis records for me. But I'm glad you like SoC, they put out some really good music on Dimensionaut.
    There is a lot of music from the 80’s which wouldn’t be called Prog which I prefer to listen to other that 80’s and 90’s Genesis. In particular, Tears for Fears, Marillion, Dire Straits, some of the Yes output, Toy Matinee, Peter Gabriel, Dream Academy, Rush, Pat Benatar, Kate Bush, and so on.
    On the verge of indecision
    I'll always take the roundabout way

There is a lot of music from the 80’s which wouldn’t be called Prog which I prefer to listen to other that 80’s and 90’s Genesis. In particular, Tears for Fears, Marillion, Dire Straits, some of the Yes output, Toy Matinee, Peter Gabriel, Dream Academy, Rush, Pat Benatar, Kate Bush, and so on.
    Suit yourself. ―\_(ツ)_/―

....The Thread that just wont die..........
    The Ice Cream Lady Wet her drawers........To see you in the Passion Playyyy eeee - I. Anderson

"It's kind of like deciding not to date a beautiful blonde anymore because she farted." - Top Cat

I was expecting to be kinda meh, but it made my nips stiffen - Jerjo

(Zamran) "that fucking thing man . . . it sits there on my wall like a broken clock " - Helix

Social Media is the "Toilet" of the Internet - Lady Gaga

Quote Originally Posted by Garyhead View Post
    ....The Thread that just wont die..........
    The thread has been dead for several pages. it just doesn't know it yet.

Quote Originally Posted by tdotdo View Post
    The thread has been dead for several pages. it just doesn't know it yet.
    That's All

Genesis: "The Lamb" Boxset planned?

MOJO hints a new boxset might come this summer
    The Lamb
    The current issue of British MOJO-magazine contains a big feature about Genesis and The Lamb Lies Down On Broadway with a few interesting aspects. According to the article, a boxset of the album The Lamb Lies Down On Broadway is planned. It says: "and summer 2020 will see the release of a new, rebooted, bells-and-whistles edition"
    More information is not available and no official announcement by the band has been made yet.

Genesis: "The Lamb" Boxset planned?

MOJO hints a new boxset might come this summer
    The Lamb
    The current issue of British MOJO-magazine contains a big feature about Genesis and The Lamb Lies Down On Broadway with a few interesting aspects. According to the article, a boxset of the album The Lamb Lies Down On Broadway is planned. It says: "and summer 2020 will see the release of a new, rebooted, bells-and-whistles edition"
    More information is not available and no official announcement by the band has been made yet.
    Will the 2020 Definitive Edition surpass the 1994 Definitive Edition, or even the 2008 Definitive Edition?

Seriously, to be worthwhile, this would need to have the original mix with a decent sound, the intro to the title track restored for the first time on CD, and a full non-overdubbed Lamb show. I guess in 2020 you also need to add a 5.1 mix but I doubt they would have a new one made given that they had so much trouble getting the 2008 5.1 mix approved by Gabriel.

Quote Originally Posted by LeFrog View Post
    Will the 2020 Definitive Edition surpass the 1994 Definitive Edition, or even the 2008 Definitive Edition?

Seriously, to be worthwhile, this would need to have the original mix with a decent sound, the intro to the title track restored for the first time on CD, and a full non-overdubbed Lamb show. I guess in 2020 you also need to add a 5.1 mix but I doubt they would have a new one made given that they had so much trouble getting the 2008 5.1 mix approved by Gabriel.
    Looks like this thread has a post related to the title of this thread, and a question about the Mojo info:

http://forums.stevehoffman.tv/thread...r-2020.923877/

What would really be cool, would be a Dolby Atmos mix, like has been done for Abbey Road. Furthermore, Giles Martin would be a great choice for a Dolby Atmos remix.
    Last edited by Firth; 02-28-2020 at 07:46 AM.

What would really be cool, would be a Dolby Atmos mix, like has been done for Abbey Road. Furthermore, Giles Martin would be a great choice for a Dolby Atmos remix.
    I'm a bit skeptical. They'll always invent new gimmicks to make fans feel like they need to buy an album they already bought 3 or 4 times at least. It's getting ridiculous. I hardly see the point of a new Lamb reissue, and even if it had all the stuff I mentioned in my earlier post, it would only be of real interest to die-hards like us.
    Not just a Genesis fanboy.

I'm only in if Peter redoes all the vocals and they add some horns. And mao-ow-ows.
    Last edited by moecurlythanu; 02-28-2020 at 10:16 AM. Reason: sp
    He did not know that the sword he'd hold, would turn his priceless empire into fool's gold...

http://www.discogs.com/user/moecurlythanu/collection

Can't wait to hear that boxset.
    "Improvisation is not an excuse for musical laziness" - Fred Frith
    "[...] things that we never dreamed of doing in Crimson or in any band that I've been in," - Tony Levin speaking of SGM

[QUOTE=LeFrog;959750]Will the 2020 Definitive Edition surpass the 1994 Definitive Edition, or even the 2008 Definitive Edition?

Definitively!

[QUOTE=fiberman;959942]

Definitively!
    ETA - Indefinite

March 4 is the day for the big announcement, according to post on BBT FB thread.

hiding out in treetops, shouting out rude names
    I'm a bit skeptical. They'll always invent new gimmicks to make fans feel like they need to buy an album they already bought 3 or 4 times at least. It's getting ridiculous. I hardly see the point of a new Lamb reissue, and even if it had all the stuff I mentioned in my earlier post, it would only be of real interest to die-hards like us.
    I'm probably the most diehard music fan most of my acquaintances have ever known and yet I'm probably the least diehard here at PE, because there's just not any album I'm so enamored with that I could be compelled to by as a boxset. I have purchased reissues, usually with promise of better sound quality or "fixes" and I have purchased boxsets of bands' entire output, but never a multi-disc set of outtakes, alt-takes, rehearsals and demos and on and on.

NEARfest Officer Emeritus Nearfest2's Avatar
    The ad floating around Facebook is calling it "Three Friends". Fail. It's taken.
    Chad

Quote Originally Posted by Nearfest2 View Post
    The ad floating around Facebook is calling it "Three Friends". Fail. It's taken.
    So it looks like something's really happening then...

I dunno. If it's the name of a tour (or "selection of shows") and not the band, that's a little different than Three Friends the GG-related band.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Well that sure looks legit! About as professional an ad as I've ever seen.
    Prog, Metal and Classic rock reviews/interviews - www.velvetthunder.co.uk

NEARfest Officer Emeritus Nearfest2's Avatar
    Horrible poster design. "Are coming back?" is the lead-in? Even Hipgnosis won't touch them for this.
    Chad

Horrible poster design. "Are coming back?" is the lead-in? Even Hipgnosis won't touch them for this.
    You forgot all three question marks - the sign of any designer worth their salt.
    Prog, Metal and Classic rock reviews/interviews - www.velvetthunder.co.uk

This was my first thought as an English teacher.