Thread: The Blackheart Orchestra (for fans of Kate Bush)

The Blackheart Orchestra (for fans of Kate Bush)

I'm not sure how familiar some of you may be with the UK duo The Blackheart Orchestra?

They recently toured as support to Hawkwind, so folks in the UK may be more aware of them.

Essentially they're a duo who combine experimental pop with proggyness, folk stylings and vocals that remind me of Kate Bush during her softer moments. I saw them perform a brief support set last year and was charmed by the simplicity of their songs and the sophistication of the way those songs were arranged - the duo play everything live themselves.

They're about to embark on a 25 date tour of the UK, which is pretty impressive for a relatively unknown act, and their recently released album Mesmeranto is very good indeed (fourteen songs, each clocking in around the four minute mark, and the album never drags.)

If this intrigues you, here's a blog review I've just published to help promote the duo's tour:

https://momentstransition.wordpress....smeranto-2019/

Hopefully some of you will enjoy the music.

Love this music! Good to see that great music is being made in this age of so much crap!
    Dave Sr.

I prefer Nature to Human Nature