Thread: Joey Eppard (from the band THREE) new Live DVD!

Joey Eppard (from the band THREE) new Live DVD!

This new live DVD was recorded and supported by a successful Kickstarter campaign from a couple of years ago. Well, for those like myself who were backers of the Kickstarter, the DVD arrived finally this past week. But Joey's also made it available to the public on his website

http://joeyeppard.com/

Live in Concert

Purchase Joey's Live DVD now! 29 songs! Almost 2.5 hours of music! Special Guests include Billy Riker, Chris Gartdrumm Gartmann and more!

For those who saw Three live opening for Porcupine Tree, on Progressive Nation in 2008, with The Dear Hunter or Coheed and Cambria, or just as a headlining act, the consensus is they stand out live, even more than their studio recordings. And Joey of course is a huge part of that being the lead singer/guitarist frontman and main songwriter. This DVD showcases that and his wonderful mostly acoustic solo record "Been to the Future" among those 29 tracks.

Very recommended!

Also as an aside for me personally, Joey is doing some live dates over the next few weeks, including a surprise birthday show this evening for his Grandpa in Rochester, Minnesota (where his Grandpa lives). I'm really stoked to get to see that tonight (and a friend of mine named Josh Rundquist aka "That Drummer Guy" is actually filling-in on drums due to Joey's brother and other regular drummers Joey's played with, being not available).

Friday - March 8th - 9pm - $5
    Joey Eppard acoustic w/ Billy Riker and Lenny Lee
    @ The Rondout Music Lounge / 21 Broadway, Kingston, NY 12401
    special guest Spider Barbour (my personal songwriting hero!)

Saturday - March 9th - 9:30pm
    EGO (Joey Eppard + Chris Gartmann + Alana Orchid)
    @ Harmony Woodstock / 52 Mill Hill Rd, Woodstock, NY 12498

Sunday - March 10th - Doors 6pm - Show 7:30pm
    We Shall Not Be Moved: An Evening Of Spirituals To Benefit FrackAction (anti-fracking non profit group)
    Amy Helm, Ben Perowsky, Bethany Yarrow, Dave Dreiwitz, Don Byron, Gail Ann Dorsey, Jack DeJohnette, Jeremy Bernstein, Jerry Marotta, Joey Eppard, John Medeski, Elizabeth Mitchell & Dan Littleton, Larry Grenadier, Marco Benevento, Natalie Merchant, Rachel Yamagata, Rufus Cappadocia, Simi Stone, Tracy Bonham And More T.B.A!

Saturday - March 23rd - 9pm
    EGO (Joey Eppard + Chris Gartmann + Alana Orchid)
    @ Dave's Coffee and Wine house
    partition street, Saugerties, NY

I've seen Three several times and we hosted them at ProgDay several years ago. I have enjoyed their indoor shows, but I thought the outdoor laid back atmosphere of ProgDay really brought something different out in these guys and they totally kicked ass. Eppard is a very talented guy. I will be interested in checking this DVD out.

Steve Sly