Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Tangerine Dream album - Recurring Dreams

Quote Originally Posted by Dave (in MA) View Post
    Is the improv at the end the same as Sessions IV or did they do two nights?:
    https://www.discogs.com/Tangerine-Dr...lease/12923062
    1 10.32pm Session - Persepsjontransformasjon 27:27
    They did only one show the tenth of august so it must be the same.
    Here is the setlist of the video:
    _SETLIST_________
    1. Tangram (2018) 1:19
    2. Betrayal (Sorcerer Theme) 6:52
    3. Love On A Real Train 14:14:
    4. It Is Time to Leave When Everyone Is Dancing 22:09
    5. Roll the Seven Twice 28:54
    6. Stratosfear (2018 version) 37:05
    7. Oslo By Night (Improvisation) 48:31

The video stops at 1:15: 53 which corresponds to the timing on Sessions IV

btw I like the stage presence of Hoshiko Yamane , very minimal but focused, the first time I saw TD was in 77 and from memory they were completely hidden by the gear.
    Last edited by alucard; 4 Weeks Ago at 05:47 PM.
    Dieter Moebius : "Art people like things they donít understand!"

The reason I asked was the comment at Youtube and the discogs info puts the date as the 10th, but the comment also said something about Saturday night which would have been the 11th.

To me this is one of the best phases of TD's existence. I just need to catch up with more of their releases.

Quote Originally Posted by alucard View Post
    They did only one show the tenth of august so it must be the same.
    Here is the setlist of the video:
    _SETLIST_________
    1. Tangram (2018) 1:19
    2. Betrayal (Sorcerer Theme) 6:52
    3. Love On A Real Train 14:14:
    4. It Is Time to Leave When Everyone Is Dancing 22:09
    5. Roll the Seven Twice 28:54
    6. Stratosfear (2018 version) 37:05
    7. Oslo By Night (Improvisation) 48:31

The video stops at 1:15: 53 which corresponds to the timing on Sessions IV

btw I like the stage presence of Hoshiko Yamane , very minimal but focused, the first time I saw TD was in 77 and from memory they were completely hidden by the gear.

Did you see them in a church or cathedral? The reason I ask is that I recall their touring in the 70's and 80's in the Midwest and the performances were always held in small to medium sized churches. I regret never getting tickets to see them as I have heard they were awesome in that venue. Imagine listening to Rubycon in an ethereal setting like that.

Quote Originally Posted by SunRunner2 View Post
    [/B][/B]

Did you see them in a church or cathedral? The reason I ask is that I recall their touring in the 70's and 80's in the Midwest and the performances were always held in small to medium sized churches. I regret never getting tickets to see them as I have heard they were awesome in that venue. Imagine listening to Rubycon in an ethereal setting like that.
    Nope,
    Medium size venue , stage quite high , audience sitting on the floor and the boys in the band in the back of the stage surrounded by gear. Again from memory Froese's head popped up when he switched to guitar. Great concert so.
    Dieter Moebius : "Art people like things they donít understand!"

Quote Originally Posted by dropforge View Post
    Did you already buy it, and more importantly, did it cost you one gold brick or two?
    I did, and I am pretty sure it was expensive. But anything with Johannes Schmoelling is an autobuy for me
    Ephemeral Sun - because I gotta do something about these boxes of CDs in the basement: http://www.ephemeralsun.com

Quote Originally Posted by battema View Post
    I did, and I am pretty sure it was expensive. But anything with Johannes Schmoelling is an autobuy for me
    Same, but I don't want to pay $40 for it.

Oh, I didn't pay $40...I think it was closer to $25 for me: 18 euros for the CD plus 3.20 euros for shipping.
    Ephemeral Sun - because I gotta do something about these boxes of CDs in the basement: http://www.ephemeralsun.com

Oh, I didn't pay $40...I think it was closer to $25 for me: 18 euros for the CD plus 3.20 euros for shipping.
    That's more like it!

My purchase total was $24.53 (shipping included).

Scott
    https://radiospiral.net

My copy of Recurring Dreams arrived over the weekend, and having given it a fair few spins on the hi-fi and on the headphones, my feelings are mixed.

Here's my take on the album:

https://momentstransition.wordpress....g-dreams-2020/

Member Emeritus (A.M.P.) rcarlberg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Valen View Post
    Here's my take on the album:
    Quote Originally Posted by Valen
    The album is being launched to coincide with an exhibition – Tangerine Dream: Zeitraffer – currently running at London’s Barbican until May. The exhibits have been curated by Froese’s wife Bianca Froese-Acquaye, and include photographs, previously unpublished articles, video clips, and a collection of Tangerine Dream’s original synths.
    This raises a question in my mind.

Even with no original members left in the band, do you suppose Bianca is getting substantial royalties as the holder of the TD trademark? Perhaps she's the real reason the TD train continues to coast forward after Casey Jones has departed.

I assume that's the case, yes.

Quote Originally Posted by rcarlberg View Post
    This raises a question in my mind.

Even with no original members left in the band, do you suppose Bianca is getting substantial royalties as the holder of the TD trademark? Perhaps she's the real reason the TD train continues to coast forward after Casey Jones has departed.
    If the three current members could make a better go of it without the TD name, I would assume that they would. This probably works well for everyone. That said, while I'm in the minority in liking the Tangents box as it gives tasty slices of TD's past with Virgin, I'm out with any more remixes.

Member Emeritus (A.M.P.) rcarlberg's Avatar
    The transition from NOM Tangerine Dream (no original members) to “New TD” started with them finishing the rough sketches that Edgar Froese had left behind. Their second release is reinterpretations of old TD songs.

Maybe their third release they’ll feel free to release new material “in the TD style.”