Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Results 151 to 175 of 177

Thread: New Rick Wakeman prog album

  1. #151
    Quote Originally Posted by Rarebird View Post
    Can't seem to find it at any webshop I tend to visit.
    It's only available through its own dedicated website. It's a way of keeping profits higher.

    Henry
    Where Are They Now? Yes news: http://www.bondegezou.co.uk/wh_now.htm
    Blogdegezou, the accompanying blog: http://bondegezou.blogspot.com/

  2. #152
    Quote Originally Posted by Rarebird View Post
    Great interview, especially the part of King Arthur on ice. It out-Spinal-Tapped Spinal Tap.
    It's a lovely article. It is imposing a particular narrative for the purposes of the story and rather simplifies huge chunks of Wakeman's life/career to do that, but I understand why it's done that!

    Henry
    Where Are They Now? Yes news: http://www.bondegezou.co.uk/wh_now.htm
    Blogdegezou, the accompanying blog: http://bondegezou.blogspot.com/

  3. #153
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    3,116
    Danny Baker's comment on the album:

    https://twitter.com/prodnose/status/1277581292469719040

    Looks like the 45rpm thing has confused people!

  4. #154
    Member Paulrus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    The Left Coast
    Posts
    1,385
    Quote Originally Posted by bondegezou View Post
    Very nicely written article.
    But some sloppy editing (the Yes captions are reversed.)

    And I can just imagine the last line of article that was cut...

    “Before I depart this mortal coil, I must do King Arthur on Ice again,” he tells me. “Think about what you can do on ice now! The technology has advanced so much.” A faraway look comes into his eyes, and for a moment he’s no longer an aging rocker—he’s the boy who walked the ruins at Tintagel, dreaming of another boy who pulled a sword from a stone and became a king. “We can build shapes out of ice,” he says, the vision shimmering before his eyes, as real as the music he brought forth from nothing. “We can build a castle!”

    Then Brian Lane comes running up, waving his arms and screaming "Nooooo!!!"
    I'm holding out for the Wilson-mixed 5.1 super-duper walletbuster special anniversary extra adjectives edition.

  5. #155
    Quote Originally Posted by bondegezou View Post
    It's only available through its own dedicated website. It's a way of keeping profits higher.

    Henry
    I understand, but it is a bit bad for me, because I prefer shops where I can pay in an easy way with my bank-account and without a credit-card.

  6. #156
    Quote Originally Posted by bondegezou View Post
    It's only available through its own dedicated website. It's a way of keeping profits higher.

    Henry
    Really? That can't be the only way. Quite expensive.

  7. #157
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Delaware County PA
    Posts
    338
    Quote Originally Posted by Rarebird View Post
    I understand, but it is a bit bad for me, because I prefer shops where I can pay in an easy way with my bank-account and without a credit-card.
    Paypal?

  8. #158
    Quote Originally Posted by Paulrus View Post
    But some sloppy editing (the Yes captions are reversed.)

    And I can just imagine the last line of article that was cut...
    Brian must be getting on a bit now? In the early days of Yes I always pictured him as the archetypal old-school showbiz manager, but in reality was he much older than the acts he was managing?

  9. #159
    Quote Originally Posted by Rarebird View Post
    I understand, but it is a bit bad for me, because I prefer shops where I can pay in an easy way with my bank-account and without a credit-card.
    Wakeman is working with Gonzo Multimedia, as is Rabin. Gonzo Multimedia is kind of a reborn Voiceprint Records, run by Rob Ayling. I can think of few outfits with a worse reputation for quality control. The Rabin box set was poorly done. Fortunately, I've not seen complaints about The Red Planet as a product, but the price and limited availability (I should've said it is available from some online retailers, like Amazon, too) are frustrating some.

    Unfortunately, there's not much we can do about that. This is what Wakeman has chosen. We can each buy it or not buy it.

    Henry
    Where Are They Now? Yes news: http://www.bondegezou.co.uk/wh_now.htm
    Blogdegezou, the accompanying blog: http://bondegezou.blogspot.com/

  10. #160
    Quote Originally Posted by bondegezou View Post
    Wakeman is working with Gonzo Multimedia, as is Rabin. Gonzo Multimedia is kind of a reborn Voiceprint Records, run by Rob Ayling. I can think of few outfits with a worse reputation for quality control. The Rabin box set was poorly done. Fortunately, I've not seen complaints about The Red Planet as a product, but the price and limited availability (I should've said it is available from some online retailers, like Amazon, too) are frustrating some.

    Unfortunately, there's not much we can do about that. This is what Wakeman has chosen. We can each buy it or not buy it.

    Henry
    Considering there is a whole lot of stuff that I consider more interesting, that is available for reasonable prices, I don't worry about Rick Wakeman. It's not that I don't know what to buy and think I should own every Rick Wakeman album there is.

    I would like to have as much by Wim Mertens, I can get, but even there I don't go to great lenghts. I own 38 albums (including 2 collections) and there are 2 albums I might buy in the near future.

  11. #161
    Insect Overlord Progatron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    southern Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    3,280
    Quote Originally Posted by bondegezou View Post
    Gonzo Multimedia is kind of a reborn Voiceprint Records, run by Rob Ayling. I can think of few outfits with a worse reputation for quality control.
    That's a shame. I thought Voiceprint did a brilliant job with the 2-CD Ant Phillips series. So good, in fact, that I hung on to them even after buying the even more extravagant Esoteric reissues.
    Prog, Metal and Classic rock reviews/interviews - www.velvetthunder.co.uk

  12. #162
    I'm glad they did something right. I'd point as counter-examples to 90124, Changes, the Jon Anderson boxset, Hawkwind releases, etc.

    Henry
    Where Are They Now? Yes news: http://www.bondegezou.co.uk/wh_now.htm
    Blogdegezou, the accompanying blog: http://bondegezou.blogspot.com/

  13. #163
    Insect Overlord Progatron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    southern Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    3,280
    Quote Originally Posted by bondegezou View Post
    I'm glad they did something right. I'd point as counter-examples to 90124, Changes, the Jon Anderson boxset, Hawkwind releases, etc.
    I don't have any of those, but perhaps the involvement of Ant himself was what sets that series apart from these others? Beautiful, highly detailed booklets and loads of bonus stuff on the second CD in each set. No weird/subpar packaging either, just standard jewel cases. Really lovely!
    Prog, Metal and Classic rock reviews/interviews - www.velvetthunder.co.uk

  14. #164
    Member dropforge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    1,916
    CDs are going out, but without the DVDs. The email states they have nowhere near the amount of footage ready for the DVD that was planned (reason being COVID-19). So when those finally get done, they'll be mailed separately.

  15. #165
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    3,116
    I have very few Voiceprint releases. Their 2-cd The Geese And The Ghost (which is nice) springs to mind, maybe that Refugee 2cd was theirs as well I'm not sure, but there's not much else. They seemed to put out a fair amount of questionable quality live stuff. And I remember them being fairly high-priced as well, though that may have been the specific record shops I saw their stuff in.

    The back-catalogue reissue stuff they did, it looks like Esoteric has put out a lot of that now anyway. (Phillips, Giltrap etc.)

  16. #166
    Quote Originally Posted by Rarebird View Post
    Can't seem to find it at any webshop I tend to visit.
    It is not out yet.

    Listen full cd here:

    https://www.musicglue.com/rick-wakem...gital-download

  17. #167
    Quote Originally Posted by fiberman View Post
    It is not out yet.
    It is out now.

    Henry
    Where Are They Now? Yes news: http://www.bondegezou.co.uk/wh_now.htm
    Blogdegezou, the accompanying blog: http://bondegezou.blogspot.com/

  18. #168
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Delaware County PA
    Posts
    338
    I got a shipping notice on my CD/DVD (minus the actual DVD) Tuesday. Actually, I got four of them, over a period of about five minutes, as I have received two to four copies of every email from them in the last few weeks.

  19. #169
    Quote Originally Posted by rdclark View Post
    I got a shipping notice on my CD/DVD (minus the actual DVD) Tuesday. Actually, I got four of them, over a period of about five minutes, as I have received two to four copies of every email from them in the last few weeks.
    Let's see if you get 2-4 copies of the album!

    Henry
    Where Are They Now? Yes news: http://www.bondegezou.co.uk/wh_now.htm
    Blogdegezou, the accompanying blog: http://bondegezou.blogspot.com/

  20. #170
    Member Top Cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    N of Clearwater, Florida
    Posts
    1,714
    I received an email from Music Glue, my cd version of The Red Planet was dispatched on June 23, hoping it arrives before my b'day in a couple of days.
    Last edited by Top Cat; 1 Week Ago at 11:59 AM.
    Soundcloud page: Open Window, musical meanderings https://soundcloud.com/precipice Bandcamp: https://richardhermans.bandcamp.com

  21. #171
    Quote Originally Posted by bondegezou View Post
    Let's see if you get 2-4 copies of the album!

    Henry
    Or billed 2-4 times.
    "A conspiracy of silence speaks louder than words."

    - Dr. Winston O'Boogie

  22. #172
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    I received an email from Music Glud, my cd version of The Red Planet was dispatched on June 23, hoping it arrives before my b'day in a couple of days.
    Happy pre-birthday !

  23. #173
    Member dropforge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    1,916
    Quote Originally Posted by ronmac View Post
    Or billed 2-4 times.
    PayPal, bruh.


  24. #174
    Member Top Cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    N of Clearwater, Florida
    Posts
    1,714
    Quote Originally Posted by Flightwave View Post
    Happy pre-birthday !
    Thank you..the kids in Cali sent me a Amazon Gift Caard for Father's Day so I took advantage of it and ordered a copy of Marillion's 2017 Remastered Script for a Jester's Tear on vinyl..it just arrived, so I still have that to look forward to this weekend.
    One of the benefits of having Father's Day and a birthday a couple of weeks apart. lol
    Soundcloud page: Open Window, musical meanderings https://soundcloud.com/precipice Bandcamp: https://richardhermans.bandcamp.com

  25. #175
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    Thank you..the kids in Cali sent me a Amazon Gift Caard for Father's Day so I took advantage of it and ordered a copy of Marillion's 2017 Remastered Script for a Jester's Tear on vinyl..it just arrived, so I still have that to look forward to this weekend.
    One of the benefits of having Father's Day and a birthday a couple of weeks apart. lol
    Well done for living another year.

    Most years it's not that impressive an achievement. 2020 though...

    Henry
    Where Are They Now? Yes news: http://www.bondegezou.co.uk/wh_now.htm
    Blogdegezou, the accompanying blog: http://bondegezou.blogspot.com/

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •