Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Kansas touring with Foreigner and Europe

Looks like before this tour hits North America, Foreigner is touring with Whitesnake in Europe.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveSly View Post
    Both the Leftovrture and Point Of Know Return shows have been 2.5 hour affairs. I know several people who saw them and just raved about them. Unfortunately when both of those tours hit my hometown in the last few years I was out of town, so did not see them.
    I saw the Leftoverture tour and it was fantastic and over two hours, though I don’t know the exact length. Looking forward to seeing the POKR tour here in April. I also enjoyed their last studio effort. We see a fair amount of newer prog, though it takes traveling to see much of it, but I hardly think sad is the right term for describing a band still being able to tour and sell tickets. I highly doubt that if Kansas suddenly skipped my area, they’d be replaced with young, brash up and coming prog acts.

although i would see Foreigner with Kelly Hanson, i wouldn't want to see Kansas without Steve Walsh.
    as for Europe, it doesn't matter.

hiding out in treetops, shouting out rude names
    Quote Originally Posted by BravadoNJ View Post
    although i would see Foreigner with Kelly Hanson, i wouldn't want to see Kansas without Steve Walsh.
    as for Europe, it doesn't matter.
    I get the sentiment for Walsh. But if I take my wife to see Kansas, I'd want the best representation of the music, and Walsh's box-o'gravel voice ain't it.

Quote Originally Posted by 3LockBox View Post
    I get the sentiment for Walsh. But if I take my wife to see Kansas, I'd want the best representation of the music, and Walsh's box-o'gravel voice ain't it.
    As much as I love Walsh, the last show I saw with him was pretty underwhelming. I remember we took some friends who had never seen Kansas before, and I really had talked it up, but the show was pretty lackluster. Having seen them more than 15 times over the years I was disappointed. One of the friends comments after the show........"well at least that fiddle player was good"......

So how many original members are left total from these three bands put together?

Quote Originally Posted by Fracktured View Post
    So how many original members are left total from these three bands put together?
    Kansas 2
    Foreigner 1
    Europe 2

Quote Originally Posted by Fracktured View Post
    Well, Europe has its original members, considering the line-up just prior to and at their breakthrough... 5/5
    My Progressive Workshop at http://soundcloud.com/hfxx

I wouldn't know any of the members of Europe. And having seen Foreigner two summers ago I knew that only Mick Jones was left (some of the replacements have been in longer than the originals). So who's left in Kansas?

Quote Originally Posted by 3LockBox View Post
    I wouldn't know any of the members of Europe. And having seen Foreigner two summers ago I knew that only Mick Jones was left (some of the replacements have been in longer than the originals). So who's left in Kansas?
    Phil Ehart and Rich Williams

And of course Billy Greer is in the band for 34 years and so more than three times
    longer than Hope

Europe are really good.
    "Improvisation is not an excuse for musical laziness" - Fred Frith
    "[...] things that we never dreamed of doing in Crimson or in any band that I've been in," - Tony Levin speaking of SGM

Quote Originally Posted by hFx View Post
    Well, Europe has its original members, considering the line-up just prior to and at their breakthrough... 5/5
    That’s pretty impressive

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Scrotum Scissor View Post
    Europe are really good.
    They have developed a lot. They are now very far away form that "Final Countdown" stuff.
    It's all serious Hardrock now (like Deep Purple, Rainbow etc.)

^ Ok.

Is John Norum still in the band?
    "[...] things that we never dreamed of doing in Crimson or in any band that I've been in," - Tony Levin speaking of SGM

^ Ok.

Is John Norum still in the band?
    Yes he rejoined in 2003

Last time I saw Kansas was in 2008. Steve Walsh was still in the band. The venue was an Indian Res. Almost like seeing them at a pub or small club. It was a fun gig. They haven't come to southern eastern Florida in years.

Quote Originally Posted by TheH View Post
    Yes he rejoined in 2003
    I used to know a guy who claimed to have made out with Norum's (apparent) sister, although I could never find out whether Norum actually had a sister or not. Anyway, the guy insisted about the sister, and said that she was practically identical to Norum himself. Perhaps it was him, I don't know.

I used to know a guy who claimed to have made out with Norum's (apparent) sister, although I could never find out whether Norum actually had a sister or not. Anyway, the guy insisted about the sister, and said that she was practically identical to Norum himself. Perhaps it was him, I don't know.
    Punky Meadows?

I saw Kansas open for Yes on the Masterworks tour, which was unfortunately the only time I saw them. I had tickets for a World Series of Rock gig that they were headlining back in the 70s, but it was cancelled after a stabbing at an earlier WSoR gig. Opening for Yes, they put on a performance that seemed mailed in.

Punky Meadows?
    Yes.

They have developed a lot. They are now very far away form that "Final Countdown" stuff.
    It's all serious Hardrock now (like Deep Purple, Rainbow etc.)
    My Progressive Workshop at http://soundcloud.com/hfxx

Quote Originally Posted by hFx View Post
    Yeep, the one before this one "War of Kings" was even better.

Yup, Europe has turned into a fine heavy rock n roll band. Too bad most people in the U.S. only know them for The Final Countdown.

I always thought that Kansas should have toured with Toto.

A missed opportunity.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Bails View Post
    I always thought that Kansas should have toured with Toto.

A missed opportunity.
    I see what you did there