Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My prog / avant / music themed house

My prog / avant / music themed house

Finally finished my renovation of the house, thought I would share the pictures with you as you folks would be one of the few to actually appreciate the references (like an autographed Dagmar Krause poster or the RIO poster or This Is not This Heat or the VDGG do not disturb in the bathroom )

IMG-20200109-WA0006.jpg
    IMG-20200109-WA0023.jpg
    IMG-20200109-WA0020.jpg
    IMG-20200109-WA0014.jpg
    IMG-20200109-WA0012.jpg

Member since March 2004 mozo-pg's Avatar
    Looks awesome!
    What can this strange device be? When I touch it, it brings forth a sound.

I love it, my only thought/recommendation is to ceiling or wall mount your rear speakers and aim them at the couch... they look lost back there and the sound they project may hit the back of the couch.. But artistically speaking, love the album wall...!

Quote Originally Posted by Mythos View Post
    I love it, my only thought/recommendation is to ceiling or wall mount your rear speakers and aim them at the couch... they look lost back there and the sound they project may hit the back of the couch.. But artistically speaking, love the album wall...!
    You are correct, original place (and also the cable from the wall) is about 20cm higher, I am looking for something to place under the speaker mounts to make them higher (not a fan of wall mounts, and ceiling is too high for my taste)

Looks awesome! When do we all get to visit?

Lemme guess.....you’re not married!

PS you (or *they*) did a beautiful job!
    Steve F.

www.waysidemusic.com
    www.cuneiformrecords.com

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

This space for rent: Well established location. Perfect opportunity for an up and coming smart-ass to benefit from our years of provocation!

"You run a great label, but sometimes you go out of your way to be a jerk." - Jed Levin

"Death to false 'support the scene' prog!"

please add 'imo' wherever you like, to avoid offending those easily offended.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve F. View Post
    Lemme guess.....you’re not married!

PS you (or *they*) did a beautiful job!
    LOL what gave it away?
    Thanks!
    I did it with a decorator but all the choices were mine in the end, and it took some time till I got all I wanted (more than a year...).
    It is all mine apart for all the plants and small stuff (like whisky and even toothbrush ) that the stylist brought with her - the pics are actually somewhat fake-news in that regard .
    And if any of you get to Israel, you are all invited!

^^^^^^^

Honestly, it looked SO good, I figured a stylist was involved.....
    Steve F.

www.waysidemusic.com
    www.cuneiformrecords.com

This space for rent: Well established location. Perfect opportunity for an up and coming smart-ass to benefit from our years of provocation!

"You run a great label, but sometimes you go out of your way to be a jerk." - Jed Levin

Member Emeritus (A.M.P.) rcarlberg's Avatar
    Like Steve said, the place is magazine material. So fresh and clean! No pets or kids either, huh?

Looks REALLY inviting. I'll bet you could rent it out by the week to anybody here!

The toilet and electrical sockets confirm you're in Israel.

I think I'll wait a couple of months for the political situation to settle down a bit.

I believe this is the first time I've seen a bachelor's den with both a flashy guitar and a Marcoeur wallpaper.

Oughta learn from this.
    "Improvisation is not an excuse for musical laziness" - Fred Frith
    "[...] things that we never dreamed of doing in Crimson or in any band that I've been in," - Tony Levin speaking of SGM

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    Fantastic, I guarantee it will scare women off.
    Ian

I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Scrotum Scissor View Post
    I believe this is the first time I've seen a bachelor's den with both a flashy guitar and a Marcoeur wallpaper.

Oughta learn from this.
    First of all, its not a guitar, its a Bass Guitar! (92 Peavey Foundation, as recommended by the late great Hugh Hopper)
    Second of all, these are not wallpapers but actual vinyls that can be taken out and played.

Quote Originally Posted by NogbadTheBad View Post
    You'd be surprised - after the pics were posted on the stylist FB page she shown me some interesting propositions
    Most probably most of them don`t know any of the bands but just think these are some cool wallpapers

Steve F.

www.waysidemusic.com
    www.cuneiformrecords.com

Quote Originally Posted by flytomars View Post
    after the pics were posted on the stylist FB page she shown me some interesting propositions
    The stylist was female?! Look, bro' - you found your dreamlady right there! Did she take her whisky away her when she left?
    "[...] things that we never dreamed of doing in Crimson or in any band that I've been in," - Tony Levin speaking of SGM

The stylist was female?! Look, bro' - you found your dreamlady right there! Did she take her whisky away her when she left?
    Shes married to a good friend... and she took the whisky

It doesn't scare me.
    But perhaps my room scares both men and women.

Yup....the First comment I always hear when entering my house is "you're not married"......By the way....good job on the living spaces......I followed your progress on that LP wall in another thread and oftentimes wanted to post..."show us an update of the Prog Wall!"
    The Ice Cream Lady Wet her drawers........To see you in the Passion Playyyy eeee - I. Anderson

"It's kind of like deciding not to date a beautiful blonde anymore because she farted." - Top Cat

I was expecting to be kinda meh, but it made my nips stiffen - Jerjo

(Zamran) "that fucking thing man . . . it sits there on my wall like a broken clock " - Helix

Social Media is the "Toilet" of the Internet - Lady Gaga

Steve F.

www.waysidemusic.com
    www.cuneiformrecords.com

Shes married to a good friend... and she took the whisky
    Aren't and don't they always.

LOL what gave it away?
    Thanks!

And if any of you get to Israel, you are all invited!
    Not while Trump is in office.
    NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF STUPID PEOPLE IN LARGE GROUPS!

Aren't and don't they always.
    You made me laugh out loud