Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: TERRA INCOGNITA PROG FESTIVAL LINE-UP (Quebec, Canada)

Sherbrooke, Quebec, Canada; Montreal, Quebec, Canada; Coburn Gore, Maine, USA

TERRA INCOGNITA PROG FESTIVAL LINE-UP (Quebec, Canada)

ANEKDOTEN (Sweden) 2 different shows. Friday : 25th anniversary of NUCLEUS. The complete NUCLEUS album + tracks from VEMOD. Saturday : retrospective of entire career.

HEAD WITH WINGS (USA)

ISPROJECT (Italy)

LA MASCHERA DI CERA (Italy) With the release of their new album.

PROFESSOR TIP TOP (Norway)

QUEL CHE DISSE IL TUONO (Italy)

SINTONIA DISTORTA (Italy)

35 TAPES (Norway)

Not affiliated with the festival, but... there is another prog show during the same week in Quebec City : BIG BIG TRAIN from UK -two days before the Terra incognita festival.

Tickets here :

https://jlcmusikproductions.tuxedobi...-train-a-quebc
    Last edited by Pierre; 01-25-2020 at 10:33 AM.

Member since March 2004 mozo-pg's Avatar
    My wife and I are attending with another married couple. I'm so excited by the line up!!!
    What can this strange device be? When I touch it, it brings forth a sound (2112)

Anybody out there going.

I got to renew my passport!

'The complete NUCLEUS album + tracks from VEMOD'. Well, that is certainly tempting. I must confess to not knowing many of the other bands. Time to do some research.

neil

The only Italian bands I would love to see are not coming (Goblin, PFM, Balletto di bronzo, Banco, New Trolls or Le Orme).

I am not into none of these bands actually that are very little known and not worth the trip like it was a couple of years ago that I went to see: Glass Hammer, Edensong, Moon Safari and Comedy of Errors, all fantastic!

But I am sure that Anekdoten and la Maschera de Cera will be outstanding bands. Thanks for posting!

Quote Originally Posted by Rajaz View Post
    The only Italian bands I would love to see are not coming (Goblin, PFM, Balletto di bronzo, Banco, New Trolls or Le Orme).
    Is it 2003 again and someone forgot to tell me?
    Steve F.

www.waysidemusic.com
    www.cuneiformrecords.com

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

“Remember, if it doesn't say "Cuneiform," it's not prog!” - THE Jed Levin

Any time any one speaks to me about any musical project, the one absolute given is "it will not make big money". [tip of the hat to HK]

"Death to false 'support the scene' prog!"

please add 'imo' wherever you like, to avoid offending those easily offended.

Quote Originally Posted by mozo-pg View Post
    My wife and I are attending with another married couple. I'm so excited by the line up!!!
    Do you have to be Married to attend this festival??
    The Ice Cream Lady Wet her drawers........To see you in the Passion Playyyy eeee - I. Anderson

"It's kind of like deciding not to date a beautiful blonde anymore because she farted." - Top Cat

I was expecting to be kinda meh, but it made my nips stiffen - Jerjo

(Zamran) "that fucking thing man . . . it sits there on my wall like a broken clock " - Helix

Social Media is the "Toilet" of the Internet - Lady Gaga

Quote Originally Posted by Garyhead View Post
    Do you have to be Married to attend this festival??
    What can this strange device be? When I touch it, it brings forth a sound (2112)

Quote Originally Posted by boilk View Post
    'The complete NUCLEUS album + tracks from VEMOD'. Well, that is certainly tempting. I must confess to not knowing many of the other bands. Time to do some research.

neil
    Definitely interesting. La Maschera Di Cera is decent also. Do not know any of the others as I no longer follow the scene.
    "Corn Flakes pissed in. You ranted. Mission accomplished. Thread closed."

-Cozy 3:16-

Personally I am going to check out all these Italian bands that I don't know.

and the Norwegian bands that are also unfamiliar

LA MASCHERA DI CERA and ANEKDOTEN are the only names that I am familiar with.

Besides, Quebec is cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Yves View Post
    Definitely interesting. La Maschera Di Cera is decent also. Do not know any of the others as I no longer follow the scene.
    It would be great to see you after all these years.

Quote Originally Posted by mozo-pg View Post
    It would be great to see you after all these years.
    I will maintain my perfect record of never having attended this festival, for another year. It's always a case of their being just 1 or 2 bands that interest me... Really not "progging" much anymore, anyway.
    "Corn Flakes pissed in. You ranted. Mission accomplished. Thread closed."

-Cozy 3:16-

"QUEL CHE DISSE IL TUONO" is the new band of the ex-"Unreal City" Guitar Lady.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve F. View Post
    Is it 2003 again and someone forgot to tell me?
    It's 1973 now. Time and history rapidly reversed yet we stayed older and kept grumping about it.

The two Norwegian acts are both quite good; 35 Tapes are quintessential 'retro-prog' and fairly fine at that, Professor TipTop are kinda pseudo-weirdo 'psych/prog' distantly echoing Amon Düul II, Gong or Group 1850. I'm amazed that they can even afford to travel abroad, these kids.
    "Improvisation is not an excuse for musical laziness" - Fred Frith
    "[...] things that we never dreamed of doing in Crimson or in any band that I've been in," - Tony Levin speaking of SGM

Have to check those Norwegian bands never heared of them before.

ISProject might be interesting to see whom they bring along. They are basically just a couple,
    on their Album they where backed by Zuffanti's Z-Band a bunch of great musicians that
    played for very well known bands.

Quote Originally Posted by Scrotum Scissor View Post

The two Norwegian acts are both quite good; 35 Tapes are quintessential 'retro-prog' and fairly fine at that, Professor TipTop are kinda pseudo-weirdo 'psych/prog' distantly echoing Amon Düul II, Gong or Group 1850. I'm amazed that they can even afford to travel abroad, these kids.
    Good to hear! Especially coming from a grump like you!!
    Steve F.

www.waysidemusic.com
    www.cuneiformrecords.com

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

“Remember, if it doesn't say "Cuneiform," it's not prog!” - THE Jed Levin

Any time any one speaks to me about any musical project, the one absolute given is "it will not make big money". [tip of the hat to HK]

"Death to false 'support the scene' prog!"

please add 'imo' wherever you like, to avoid offending those easily offended.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve F. View Post
    a grump like you!!
    Hey, I'm Donald Grump himself!
    "Improvisation is not an excuse for musical laziness" - Fred Frith
    "[...] things that we never dreamed of doing in Crimson or in any band that I've been in," - Tony Levin speaking of SGM

Thanks, Richard. I'm completely unfamiliar with them, but that sounds tasty. I'll consider attending. If I was retired it'd be a no brainer. A year and a half til I escape...

It's 1973 now. Time and history rapidly reversed yet we stayed older and kept grumping about it.

Wel, Sam Fossbakk from Professor Tip Top isn't actually a kid anymore.
    I recently had the pleasure to do a short interview with him with their most recent album Hybrid Hymns as starting point, but mostly his instruments as subject. Here's a piece on one of his many guitars:

Fender Stratocasters I have had since 1970, some of them I regret selling, but that was before the vintage craziness set in price wise. Nowadays I have three long staying Stratocasters, one 1965, one 1966 and one from 1968. I also very much like Telecasters. The Stratocasters have personalities, each has individuality they don`t sound and play the same, it is like different brushes for painting. The first time I was aware of them was in the 60`s . Everyone in my generation who played guitar had to relate to The Shadows, that was the standard for what a guitar should sound like. Later Hendrix put the Stratocaster at the top of the world in my opinion.

I sampled both Norwegian bands, both are really fine . Funny that I never heard About them before,
    some mor Money to spend.

This will be my third Terra Incognita. I really like this festival. The days aren't so long that you don't feel all progged out when it's time to leave the venue. The first show isn't until late afternoon so it gives plenty of time to do some sight seeing or sleep in in the morning. A real tiny,intimate venue too; there really isn't a bad seat in the house. Or chapel, I should say.

Quote Originally Posted by Pierre View Post

ANEKDOTEN (Sweden) 2 different shows. Friday : 25th anniversary of NUCLEUS. The complete NUCLEUS album + tracks from VEMOD. Saturday : retrospective of entire career.
    I saw them doing that tour in 95 at Le Sud (which became Flanagan's then foldfed). One of the most fantastic concert i've ever seen.
    Henry Krutzen (Finnigans Wake) played sax with them on the encore.
    my music collection increased tenfolds when I switched from drug-addicts to complete nutcases.

We'll be there for our 8th year in a row. This is more than just a great music festival. Enjoying the beautiful city of Quebec and the lovely people we've met there is all part of it. It's our yearly vacation.
    JG

"MARKLAR!"

Yep. And based on what they "paid" us to play, all the more amazed.

I've been to two, thinking of driving to this one instead of flying.