Thread: Rolling Stones Rarities Released on YouTube

Rolling Stones Rarities Released on YouTube

Just hours before the start of the new decade, a collection of rare Rolling Stones recordings from 1969 were posted to a suspicious YouTube account titled 69RSTRAX -- only to be made private the following day. Though Billboard has yet to confirm the origins of the account, the footage dump may be the work of ABKCO Music & Records, which administers the copyrights to the band’s 1960s catalog and was set to lose their hold on those copyrights in the European Union (EU) starting Jan. 1 -- unless the company made the recordings publicly available prior to that date.

Read More Here:
    https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/other...loy/ar-BBYB7T5

I was reading about this on Hoffman. Apparently the recordings all had an annoying tone woven into them to render them unpalatable, supposedly to avoid bootleggers. A few on Hoffman had immediate solutions using Audacity and other mixing programs. But that was only available to those who downloaded the tracks in the single day they were available. I'm sure that some bootleggers did the same.

ABKCO is stuck right now. Their reissues of old Stones material is limited because Jagger and Richards refuse to play nice and cooperate. The value of their holdings are steadily decreasing and they're now losing their copyrights. Who knows if this footage dump will stand up in court. This is what Klein's heirs deserve. May he continue to rot in Hell.
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

^This situation has been so badly handled for so long, it's got to the point that few really care if they release anything or not. Witness the chart placing of the BBC sessions release, On Air. 20 years earlier I think that would have been a strong seller. And the 'deluxe' re-releases of recent years have been almost comical, containing nothing new whatsoever.

YouTube has gotta be one of the best labels out there right now.

there's a bunch of Stones' outtakes and works-in-progress at Guitars101: https://www.guitars101.com/forums/f1...5D-696113.html

I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

All Things Must Pass spellbound's Avatar
    I've never been able to get a youtube into my CD player or onto my phonograph.
    We're trying to build a monument to show that we were here
    It won't be visible through the air
    And there won't be any shade to cool the monument to prove that we were here. - Gene Parsons, 1973

Oq
    Quote Originally Posted by spellbound View Post
    Its not difficult.

Quote Originally Posted by spellbound View Post
    to dl from youtube, try here: https://ytmp3.cc/en7/

Goat's Head Soup sessions

Scarlet with Jimmy Page on guitar

Last edited by Trane; 07-26-2020 at 06:51 PM.
    my music collection increased tenfolds when I switched from drug-addicts to complete nutcases.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerjo View Post

ABKCO is stuck right now. Their reissues of old Stones material is limited because Jagger and Richards refuse to play nice and cooperate. The value of their holdings are steadily decreasing and they're now losing their copyrights. Who knows if this footage dump will stand up in court. This is what Klein's heirs deserve. May he continue to rot in Hell.
    Given that they continued to rip off fans with their dodgy reissues of the 60's era albums, e.g putting out the US and UK editions of the albums on separate CD's, many of which total only a half hour, continuing to make the songs that were first heard on Flowers exclusive to that release, etc, I agree with you. If ABKCO's suddenly finding themselves unable to capitalize on their most famous "clients" continued popularity, so be it.

BTW, what has ABKCO ever done that didn't involve the Stones? They know they banked rolled some of Alejandro Jodorowsky's movies, but did they ever sign any other musical acts or do anything else really that didn't involve exploiting Rolling Stones fans?

Some of Sam Cooke's catalogue and the Cameo Parkway label. Equally as messy a situation as The Stones. For instance, nothing on that Cameo Parkway label ever had an official CD release until the mid 2000s- this is why Chubby Checker's tracks were always heard in re-recorded versions. ABKCO in the US put out CDs by the likes of The Animals and Hermans Hermits too.

'Scarlet' didn't strike me as anything special. Rumours that it's another of these jams with modern Jagger vocals added on. So, nothing to do with Goats Head Soup as the basic track is from 1974!