Page 18 of 26 FirstFirst ... 8141516171819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: MLB 2020

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
    Why have games at night, nobody is coming anyway.
    TV revenue. It's the blood of the sport.
    "The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you got to load or unload go to the White Zone!"

Quote Originally Posted by ronmac View Post
    TV revenue. It's the blood of the sport.
    Is anybody really watching the games. There are no boobs to look at in the stands. You can't even look forward to a bench clearing brawl anymore.
    NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF STUPID PEOPLE IN LARGE GROUPS!

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    Er .... yes
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

In the wake of several games being postponed because of the Miami Marlins’ coronavirus outbreak, the league and MLB Players Association plan to play seven-inning doubleheaders to make up time, ESPN’s Jeff Passan reported Thursday.
    "The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you got to load or unload go to the White Zone!"

In the wake of several games being postponed because of the Miami Marlins’ coronavirus outbreak, the league and MLB Players Association plan to play seven-inning doubleheaders to make up time, ESPN’s Jeff Passan reported Thursday.

Seems like something you'd read on The Onion.

Parrots Ripped My Flesh Dave (in MA)'s Avatar
    I have to say that the Mets did a great job making it sound like a game being played in front of real fans.

I caught 30 seconds of NYM/BOS. Just curious to see the cardboard people. Silly. Just silly. It would look odd with empty stands, but ......

Quote Originally Posted by Vic2012 View Post
    I caught 30 seconds of NYM/BOS. Just curious to see the cardboard people. Silly. Just silly. It would look odd with empty stands, but ......
    They're missing an opportunity. They should have people sized cardboard placards of famous characters from the movies - Gozer & the Sta-Puft Marshmallow Man, the Alien & the Predator, E.T. The possibilities are endless. Fill out the rest with celebrities from the Sgt. Pepper's cover and other historical figures. Nero playing the fiddle. Trump next to him, watching. Have some fun with it.

^^ That would be a legal nightmare without first getting the rights to use people's likenesses.

From the NY Post:

A Phillies coach and a member of their home clubhouse staff have both tested positive for the virus, the club announced Thursday. No players were found to be positive in Wednesday’s latest round of testing, but the two cases forced the team to cancel all activity at Citizens Bank Park “until further notice.”

The Phillies were not going to play until Saturday at the earliest as they awaited test results. Now, their series against the Blue Jays has been postponed, according to Toronto manager Charlie Montoyo. The last time they played was Sunday, when they hosted the Marlins, who are now up to 17 players and two coaches who have tested positive for COVID-19.

Actually, I think the Marlins now have 19 infected players.

^^ That would be a legal nightmare without first getting the rights to use people's likenesses.
    Oh, I know that. Time is the one thing they've had a lot of, and they could have "sold" it to the relevant parties as free promotion.

Quote Originally Posted by moecurlythanu View Post
    Oh, I know that. Time is the one thing they've had a lot of, and they could have "sold" it to the relevant parties as free promotion.
    Not sure the broadcasters would go for that.

^ Well, they wouldn't be promoting a product as such, so the broadcasters would just be acting like spoilsports.

Quote Originally Posted by moecurlythanu View Post
    ^ Well, they wouldn't be promoting a product as such, so the broadcasters would just be acting like spoilsports.
    They're greedy and people will try to game the system. Yankee Stadium will not have cardboard cutouts of fans. They are laying tarps over the seating areas. I fully expect to see ads on them, like we're seeing in other stadiums.

And now the Cardinals. Shit, this whole thing is going to collapse in two weeks.
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

Parrots Ripped My Flesh Dave (in MA)'s Avatar
    If that happened to Jose Canseco, that would have been over the fence.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerjo View Post
    And now the Cardinals. Shit, this whole thing is going to collapse in two weeks.
    tick-tick-tick

Quote Originally Posted by Dave (in MA) View Post
    If that happened to Jose Canseco, that would have been over the fence.

No shit....

The eons are closing
    The Phish CoronaExpress Bus is heading back to Miami to make it in time for the hurricane

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk
    Death inspires me like a dog inspires a rabbit

Unsurprisingly, a league investigation discovered that several Marlins players violated protocols while in Atlanta for two exhibition games. A rain delay that kept the players huddled in the dugout likely helped the virus spread.

Goddammit. Why can’t we have nice things?
    I want to dynamite your mind with love tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by polmico View Post
    Unsurprisingly, a league investigation discovered that several Marlins players violated protocols while in Atlanta for two exhibition games. A rain delay that kept the players huddled in the dugout likely helped the virus spread.

Goddammit. Why can’t we have nice things?
    We can't, as long as there are dumb people out there. Our country can survive 30% of the population being morons. We can't say the same with a pandemic.

33 games have been postponed in the first nine days.