Page 17 of 26 FirstFirst ... 7131415161718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: MLB 2020

Marlins have cancelled their game tonight.
    I want to dynamite your mind with love tonight.

^^

ESPN’s Jeff Passan reported Monday morning that at least 10 more positive cases — eight players and two coaches — surfaced after the team’s latest round of testing on Sunday. That comes after four players received positive test results during the team’s trip to Philadelphia, including three starters finding out before Sunday’s series finale.

Will the season last one month?
    "The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you got to load or unload go to the White Zone!"

I’m still optimistic. Players have to be smart about their personal lives.

Hmmm. Maybe that’s more Pollyanna than just optimism.

Quote Originally Posted by ronmac View Post
    ^^

ESPN’s Jeff Passan reported Monday morning that at least 10 more positive cases — eight players and two coaches — surfaced after the team’s latest round of testing on Sunday. That comes after four players received positive test results during the team’s trip to Philadelphia, including three starters finding out before Sunday’s series finale.

Will the season last one month?
    Curious about the players from opposing teams who may have been in close proximity of the infected Marlins players.

Quote Originally Posted by Gruno View Post
    Curious about the players from opposing teams who may have been in close proximity of the infected Marlins players.
    Indeed.

My neighbor works for the Pirates and told me they are testing top-tier people (players coaches, media, etc.) every other day. So, what happenes if a player tests positive? Do they quarantine the entire team or just throw caution to the wind?

I have yet to see any way how this will work over 60 games, as much as I really want it to.
    "The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you got to load or unload go to the White Zone!"

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    The umpires are also likely to have lots of contact.
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

Parrots Ripped My Flesh Dave (in MA)'s Avatar
    I have yet to see any way how this will work over 60 games, as much as I really want it to.
    I suppose Hazmat suits are out of the question.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave (in MA) View Post
    I suppose Hazmat suits are out of the question.
    Is there enough Lysol to inject everyone?

Is there enough Lysol to inject everyone?
    I would have expected the political banners to have provided sufficient inoculation.

Orioles/Marlins postponed due to virus.
    NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF STUPID PEOPLE IN LARGE GROUPS!

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
    Orioles/Marlins postponed due to virus.
    And again today.

Marlins are the first, won't be the last. All these postponements.

Cancel the season.

Major League Baseball announced Tuesday that all games on the Miami Marlins’ schedule have been postponed through Sunday (BAL @ MIA tonight, MIA @ BAL Wednesday and Thursday, and WSH @ MIA Friday through Sunday). Given the current circumstances, MLB believes that it is most prudent to allow the Marlins time to focus on providing care for their players and planning their baseball operations for a resumption early next week.

In addition, out of an abundance of caution, the remainder of the home-and-home series between the Philadelphia Phillies and the New York Yankees has been postponed (NYY @ PHI tonight, and PHI @ NYY Wednesday and Thursday). As a result of these postponements, the Yankees will now play the Baltimore Orioles at Camden Yards on Wednesday and Thursday in order to create more scheduling flexibility later in the season. Additional rescheduling during the week of August 3rd will be announced later this week.

Does anyone hear "Taps" playing?

Hopefully it’s the wake up call the rest of the league needs. Players will see what happened with the Marlins and curtail activities that will put them at risk. Go to the ballpark. Go home/back to the hotel. Rinse and repeat.

I'm expecting the "bubble" in central Florida to burst too. Not feeling too good about the NFL season either. I thought by now, almost August we'd have a "semblance of normalcy" I really don't care if all the leagues just call it a year.

No Phillies players have tested positive. MLB can play the games without spreading the virus. The virus will spread in clubhouses and dugouts.

By keeping to a pair of hub cities instead of having a more typical-looking travel schedule, I think hockey stands a better chance at pulling off the remainder of their season than baseball does.

2020 the year without US sports

Mike Lupica is wondering if it might be possible for the Red Sox to lose 100 games in a 60-game season.

"Benches have cleared in Houston during the Dodgers-Astros game."

Then you have this crap. Yeah, let's pound each other so we can be healthier!

Quote Originally Posted by Gruno View Post
    "Benches have cleared in Houston during the Dodgers-Astros game."

Then you have this crap. Yeah, let's pound each other so we can be healthier!
    Some words were exchanged between batter and pitcher, and both dugouts emptied and they all stood around exchanging pleasantries. Nobody touched anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave (in MA) View Post
    Some words were exchanged between batter and pitcher, and both dugouts emptied and they all stood around exchanging pleasantries. Nobody touched anyone.
    Still, no need for that. Won't be the last time, I'm sure, and let's see if there is restraint.

Given what the Astros did, there would be just a little grudge among the Dodgers. If anything, they showed remarkable restraint.
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

Quote Originally Posted by Jerjo View Post
    Given what the Astros did, there would be just a little grudge among the Dodgers. If anything, they showed remarkable restraint.
    Now that the Dodgers have been handed some suspensions, this will not end well.

Why have games at night, nobody is coming anyway.