Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: MLB 2020

Quote Originally Posted by Dave (in MA) View Post
    Report:
    Cora: OUT
    One more shoe to drop. I think that the Mets will try to keep Beltran, but spring training will be a circus. I don't think he makes it to the regular season.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerjo View Post
    A gamble but what they're likely thinking is he's got two more years at 3rd base, tops. Then they move him to DH, which will be vacated by the likely retired Nelly Cruz. Twinks have three hotshot infielders a couple years away in the minors. It.Could.Work.
    It is a good move, but they are taking a risk. But I think he obviously became more valuable as the last 3B chip available. It’s not so bad at $21m AAV. Then if they hit the 5th year option that’s at 16m with an 8m buyout.

I think your spot on with Cruz retiring and Donaldson flexing into the DH slot eventually.
    WANTED: Sig-worthy quote.

Quote Originally Posted by Tangram View Post
    One more shoe to drop. I think that the Mets will try to keep Beltran, but spring training will be a circus. I don't think he makes it to the regular season.
    Beltran will be gone, too. There's a wave and he's 'gonna be taken down in the undertow.
    Last edited by Guitarplyrjvb; 01-16-2020 at 09:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerjo View Post
    Twins sign Josh Donaldson for four years $92 million. Ka-ching!
    Dammit.

Braves have nothing to protect Freeman now. That one bat could swing the entire NL East. The Braves really haven't looked dominant while winning the East the past two years.

I don't like the idea of a trade for Bryant (risky defense), and Arenado's ability to opt out after two seasons is problematic.

Looks like the current rumor is the Braves are revisiting their discussions with the Cubs but also exploring Castellanos and Ozuna.
    I want to dynamite your mind with love tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by Guitarplyrjvb View Post
    Beltran will be gone, too. There's a wave and he's 'gonna be taken down in the undertown.
    Players union might stop that from happening. Beltran was a player during that whole thing. It might be difficult for the union to swallow punishment against him.

The eons are closing
    Mets still might fire him anyway, given the stink.
    Death inspires me like a dog inspires a rabbit

Quote Originally Posted by polmico View Post
    Players union might stop that from happening. Beltran was a player during that whole thing. It might be difficult for the union to swallow punishment against him.
    I'm sure the union will put up a fight, but, seriously, he was integral to it. And, he is no longer a player. I think it would be pretty crooked of them, but little surprises me about that union. Plus, woudn't they be setting a precedent that the players can do it and, as long as managament isn't involved, they'll get away with it?
    "The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you got to load or unload go to the White Zone!"

The eons are closing
    The union cant do nuthin for Beltran now.

As a Met fan, I think he will be fired before weekend is done.
    Death inspires me like a dog inspires a rabbit

Carlos Beltrán out as New York Mets manager in wake of Houston Astros sign-stealing scandal, Mets say; Beltrán had been a player on the Astros at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Gruno View Post
    Carlos Beltrán out as New York Mets manager in wake of Houston Astros sign-stealing scandal, Mets say; Beltrán had been a player on the Astros at the time.
    No surprise there. He was heavily involved in this.
    "The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you got to load or unload go to the White Zone!"

So how much of a knock do his HOF chances take? He was already borderline.

^^ Compared to some of the others who are in, I don't think he's borderline. I guess part of his chances might hinge on how MLB deals with him and how high and mighty the voters are.

whoa, this might go even deeper

https://twitter.com/Starting9/status...rc=twsrc%5Etfw

clearly saying "camisa...no camisa"....camisa = shirt
    Critter Jams "album of the week" blog: http://critterjams.wordpress.com

interesting

I believe this was after he knocked that weird low slider from Chapman out of the park to win the ALCS. if you recall Chapman had this look on his face like, "how the hell did he know that was coming" which makes a lot more sense now lol
    Critter Jams "album of the week" blog: http://critterjams.wordpress.com

OMG I remembered the jersey thing, and was trying to figure out why, and I discovered this article which reminds us of Ken Rosenthal asking Altuve about the jersey.

https://apple.news/AK3yZfPS7Q_aavyufdnK2wA
    WANTED: Sig-worthy quote.

^^ Very interesting.

Next Tuesday, MLB will announce 2020 HOF inductees. So far, nobody has publicly stated that they left Jeter off of their ballot. Think he'll be unanimous?

Gotta love college sports fans! Spotted today in the crowd before the Duke/Louisville basket ball game was this posterboard...

I had a great sign,
    but the Astros stole it

A Comfort Zone is not a Life Sentence

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

I did not have a dream that the Braves traded for Betts.

I did dream that they acquired King Felix. That’s now a thing.

^^ I just checked his career stats and was a bit shocked to see that he hasn't had a stellar season since 2014.

Has he even had a league average season recently?

I was shocked at last season's numbers: 6+ ERA.