Page 20 of 26 FirstFirst ... 10161718192021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: MLB 2020

Quote Originally Posted by proggy_jazzer View Post
    So can someone explain to me how a team makes up an entire week or more of games in a nine-week season?
    Double headers. Lots of them.
    I want to dynamite your mind with love tonight.

O's should play the Washington Baseball Team all the time.
    NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF STUPID PEOPLE IN LARGE GROUPS!

I watched this for about fifteen minutes until they switched to skate boarding, and they still didn't have the field covered. It was like watching the Keystone Cops.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
    I watched this for about fifteen minutes until they switched to skate boarding, and they still didn't have the field covered. It was like watching the Keystone Cops.

Like your signature states, "NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF STUPID PEOPLE IN LARGE GROUPS!"
    "The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you got to load or unload go to the White Zone!"

Quote Originally Posted by ronmac View Post
    Like your signature states, "NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF STUPID PEOPLE IN LARGE GROUPS!"
    About an hour later they came back to the field on screen and they were shoveling sloppy mud into a small stake body type truck with aluminum coal shovels. I didn't know they don't call the game if there is a malfunction with the ground crew. They will pick up the game Friday from the sixth inning in Baltimore.

Orioles win in ten after blowing it in the ninth with an inside the park home run.

Did anyone hear what Red's announcer Thom Brennaman said on air yesterday before he got pulled in the fifth inning.

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    Did anyone hear what Red's announcer Thom Brennaman said on air yesterday before he got pulled in the fifth inning.
    Longtime Cincinnati Reds announcer Thom Brennaman was caught on a hot mic saying “one of the XXX capitals of the world.”
    Where XXX is English slang for a cigarette.
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

So the whole Yankees/Mets series is postponed.

This regular season is a total farce. I guess, from a Yankees fan perspective, this lets them get a bit healthier instead of putting Thursday's lineup on the field every day (shudder). And Andujar is playing so bad, he can't even get ABs when the whole team is injured. Should have traded that guy 2 years ago like I was begging. He's been terrible since the 2018 season.
    Last edited by Facelift; 08-21-2020 at 08:15 PM.

A one-of-a-kind Mike Trout baseball card set a record Saturday night as the highest-selling sports card of all time, selling for $3,936,000.

The 2009 Bowman Chrome Draft Prospects Superfractor signed rookie card sold at Goldin Auctions online, eclipsing the previous record, which was set in 2016 in the sale of a 1909 Honus Wagner T-206 card for $3.12 million.

Who knew when I clipped mine on my bicycle spokes.

^^ That's nuts!
    "The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you got to load or unload go to the White Zone!"

Worst team in baseball sweeps Milwaukee.

Good for the As or the fan that sponsored this one!

https://twitter.com/CBSSports/status...69310669897728
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

Quote Originally Posted by Jerjo View Post
    Good for the As or the fan that sponsored this one!

https://twitter.com/CBSSports/status...69310669897728
    The responses under are great -- "Look for a camera in it!"

RIP, Tom Terrific. Mr. Seaver was one of the true greats and a really class act.

RIP, Tom Terrific. Mr. Seaver was one of the true greats and a really class act.
    About as good as one gets on the mound. As a kid, argued endlessly with my Met friends about who was better, Seaver , Koosman, Stottlemeyer or Hunter. While all are excellent pitchers and may have had a stretch of in their career that was as good or maybe even better than Seaver, there is no question that Tom Terrific had a better career. Not only was he the best of the group, he is one of a handful of pitchers mentioned when you discuss all-time greats. RIP

Just saw on the internet the Orioles got a two run double on fan interference. Huh?

Just saw on the internet the Orioles got a two run double on fan interference. Huh?
    I'm pretty sure that was a hit that the ball boy touched. Automatic double. They had two guys on base. This is no different than any other fan interference.

RIP, Lou Brock
    A Comfort Zone is not a Life Sentence

So far 2020 seems to be a season of BAYsball---Scary thing is---the last time the A's won the World Series there was an earthquake and with what's going on in California right now..........

Watching the Braves, it seems to be the season of Caveman Ball.

The Braves sure know how to slug (29 runs the other night; every run in last night's win came via the HR), but, boy howdy, is their starting pitching lacking.

Like, they literally do not have starting pitching. (Max Fried just went on the IL; not sure how much I trust Ian Anderson yet.)
    I want to dynamite your mind with love tonight.

Here's why I think starting extra innings with a guy on second is stupid. The Yankees beat the Orioles this afternoon in 10. Hunter Harvey threw a wild pitch and gave up a fly-out and took the loss. I'm happy my team won, but this is dumb. Any other inning it would have been one out with nobody on base.

I'm also not a fan of the 7-inning double-headers, but that's more understandable this season, since there are so many of them. Typically, there aren't enough double-headers to make that much of a difference.

But the extra inning rule is just too much.

Here's why I think starting extra innings with a guy on second is stupid. The Yankees beat the Orioles this afternoon in 10. Hunter Harvey threw a wild pitch and gave up a fly-out and took the loss. I'm happy my team won, but this is dumb. Any other inning it would have been one out with nobody on base.

I'm also not a fan of the 7-inning double-headers, but that's more understandable this season, since there are so many of them. Typically, there aren't enough double-headers to make that much of a difference.

Which also makes it an unearned run. The whole year is screwed anyway so it doesn't really matter.

Yeah, there are those dopey new rules, but my appreciation for baseball is lessening yearly. I really started hating how the game is played when they allowed asinine shifts where the entire infield moves left or right of second base. The MLB is sucking the joy out of the game.
    "And your little sister's immaculate virginity wings away on the bony shoulders of a young horse named George who stole surreptitiously into her geography revision."

Occasional musical musings on https://darkelffile.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by The Dark Elf View Post
    Yeah, there are those dopey new rules, but my appreciation for baseball is lessening yearly. I really started hating how the game is played when they allowed asinine shifts where the entire infield moves left or right of second base. The MLB is sucking the joy out of the game.
    The shift has been used since the 1920s. It's just being abused now. That being said, a guy who's getting paid $15 million per season can learn how to hit the other way, too.