Thread: Mother Turtle - Three Sides To Every Story

Mother Turtle - Three Sides To Every Story

Mother Turtle from Greece have just released their latest album Three Sides To Every Story in vinyl form, and CD also. This time they come back as a trio, with guitar-driven heavy prog-rock and some experimental, avant/noise inclinations. Side B contains a long composition which is very impressive (some Magma references there too). I like this album a lot, and mostly because it presents us with a band that never stops daring and exploring new sounds. Some Balkan folk stuff is also thrown into the picture.

Their previous Zea Mice is also on its way for a vinyl issue.

Anyone has heard this or any other record of theirs?

Bandcamp link for the newest https://motherturtleband.bandcamp.com

I have both Zea Mice and Three Sides to Every Story. Not quite sure what to make of the new one yet. It's different...need more spins.

neil

We have co-released the album with Sound Effect and it's already home . I was just lazy to upload the announcement... well next week.

There are two vinyl versions: one in a milky clear wax and the regular black. CD as well. If you need a copy, just phone me.

Their albums are also recommended. Debut is 70s influenced heavy prog with an early Rush feel, second more on the sympho/jazzy prog style and the third in a more modern spacerock feel. The one you are talking about is more complex instrumentally and on a metallic edge sometimes. Quite different affairs but very enjoyable...

PS. We'll also do the third one Zea Mice early next year. The first two are privately released by the band themselves (CD version exclusively, sold via their Bandcamp).
    Macht das ohr auf!

COSMIC EYE RECORDS

I got the second and third albums, and I like both of those, particularly II. I have listened to a bit of the new one and so far the more guitar-orientated direction of it hasn't really cut through with me. Having said that, the record deserves a proper listen or two before I get much older. Got to respect a band that keeps moving forward instead of repeating a formula.
    “your ognna pay pay with my wrath of ballbat”

Bandcamp Profile

Quote Originally Posted by spacefreak View Post
    We have co-released the album with Sound Effect and it's already home . IIf you need a copy, just phone me..
    Too late! I've already got it from Yannis.

Quote Originally Posted by spacefreak View Post
    PS. We'll also do the third one Zea Mice early next year. The first two are privately released by the band themselves (CD version exclusively, sold via their Bandcamp).
    Looking forward to buying the "Zea Mice" on CD. My favorite of the bunch.

I passed on this one. I found it to be a major drop off from Zea Mice.
    "Corn Flakes pissed in. You ranted. Mission accomplished. Thread closed."

-Cozy 3:16-

Quote Originally Posted by Yves View Post
    I passed on this one. I found it to be a major drop off from Zea Mice.
    Not sure I can disagree. Which isn't to say it is not a good album, but may not be to my tastes, as much as Zea Mice. Props to them for changing things up every album, though.

neil