Results 1 to 20 of 20

Thread: RIP Don Imus.... you guys are slipping!

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Parlin, New Jersey
    Posts
    1,748

    RIP Don Imus.... you guys are slipping!

    no one posted this yet?

    RIP Don Imus

    not a fan, but he entertained people for years.

    https://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/don-imus-dead-79

  2. #2
    Member Emeritus (A.M.P.) rcarlberg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    6,367
    What he did wasn’t entertainment. It was vile. Good riddance.

  3. #3
    The world just got a little nicer without him.
    Orange is the new stupid.

  4. #4
    Tempted to paraphrase Bette Davis here.

    “They say you should only speak good about the dead. Don Imus is dead. Good.”
    Confirmed Bachelors: the dramedy hit of 1883...

  5. #5
    Oh My, my, tsk tsk... setting a bad example for the children....

    I dont know the man, but I understand he had a big mouth. So what? We will all share the common experience of death. hating on someone who you really cant hurt makes me not look forward to my own demise - that goes for all of us.

    I assume you'll be kinder when (not if) one of us goes.
    I got nothin'

    ...avoiding any implication that I have ever entertained a cognizant thought.

    live samples:
    https://soundcloud.com/yodelgoat/yod...om-a-live-show
    https://www.facebook.com/pg/PapaYode...=page_internal

  6. #6
    Member Emeritus (A.M.P.) rcarlberg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    6,367
    Quote Originally Posted by Yodelgoat View Post
    Oh My, my, tsk tsk... setting a bad example for the children.... I dont know the man, but I understand he had a big mouth. So what? We will all share the common experience of death. hating on someone who you really cant hurt makes me not look forward to my own demise - that goes for all of us. I assume you'll be kinder when (not if) one of us goes.
    Today a lot of people believe in some sort of moral relativism where everyone's views must be held in equal respect, no matter how vile or hate-filled. I'm not among them. I believe there are characters in this world who are truly evil, whose bilious emissions infect others, who directly contribute to making the world markedly less idyllic than it should be. I won't name living names, but Don Imus was one of them.

  7. #7
    Member Lopez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Medford, Massachusetts
    Posts
    3,096
    I tried listening to him once. Can't remember what the topic was, but once was enough. I didn't want to try a second time.
    Lou

    Awarded the Krusty Brand Seal of Approval. It's not just good, it's good enough.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by rcarlberg View Post
    Today a lot of people believe in some sort of moral relativism where everyone's views must be held in equal respect, no matter how vile or hate-filled. I'm not among them. I believe there are characters in this world who are truly evil, whose bilious emissions infect others, who directly contribute to making the world markedly less idyllic than it should be. I won't name living names, but Don Imus was one of them.
    +1
    Orange is the new stupid.

  9. #9
    I get it. Right up there with Hitler, Stalin and Mao (though, those guys probably had an excuse)
    I got nothin'

    ...avoiding any implication that I have ever entertained a cognizant thought.

    live samples:
    https://soundcloud.com/yodelgoat/yod...om-a-live-show
    https://www.facebook.com/pg/PapaYode...=page_internal

  10. #10
    Member moecurlythanu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    The Planet Lovetron
    Posts
    6,472
    I didn't listen to him, but the few times I was exposed to him, he struck me as a modern day Morton Downey Jr.
    "If you want to see the true nature of humanity, just look at the internet."

    http://www.discogs.com/user/moecurlythanu/collection

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Yodelgoat View Post
    I get it. Right up there with Hitler, Stalin and Mao (though, those guys probably had an excuse)
    Nice equivocation. Does that mean you see him in the same light as Jesus?

    indeed
    Orange is the new stupid.

  12. #12
    Member moecurlythanu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    The Planet Lovetron
    Posts
    6,472
    Quote Originally Posted by ronmac View Post
    Nice equivocation. Does that mean you see him in the same light as Jesus?

    indeed
    Silly question. There's only one man who can be seen in the same light as Jesus.
    "If you want to see the true nature of humanity, just look at the internet."

    http://www.discogs.com/user/moecurlythanu/collection

  13. #13
    Member Emeritus (A.M.P.) rcarlberg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    6,367
    Quote Originally Posted by moecurlythanu View Post
    There's only one man who can be seen in the same light as Jesus.
    Dustin Diamond. You’re absolutely right!

  14. #14
    Man of repute progmatist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Mesa, Arizona
    Posts
    1,145
    Wherever he is now, he's no doubt being tormented by a group of "nappy headed hoes."
    "Well my son, life is like a beanstalk, isn't it?"--Dalai Lama

  15. #15
    Member Jerjo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    small town in ND
    Posts
    3,931
    Quote Originally Posted by progmatist View Post
    Wherever he is now, he's no doubt being tormented by a group of "nappy headed hoes."
    Beat me to it. His arch-rival, Stern, has grown some perspective and gained sensitivity over the years. Imus never did.
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

  16. #16
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Divided Snakes of America
    Posts
    1,614
    Quote Originally Posted by rcarlberg View Post
    Today a lot of people believe in some sort of moral relativism where everyone's views must be held in equal respect, no matter how vile or hate-filled. I'm not among them. I believe there are characters in this world who are truly evil, whose bilious emissions infect others, who directly contribute to making the world markedly less idyllic than it should be. I won't name living names, but Don Imus was one of them.
    Well said. I won’t name names either since the most evil, vile and biliously emitting scumbag I know has his own sick personality cult numbering in the tens of millions and who are themselves full of ignorance, hate and bile, and ready to attack anyone willing to stand up for truth and decency.

  17. #17
    Goodbye and good riddance is right. Racist, Anti Semite.

  18. #18
    Member Garyhead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Washington State
    Posts
    535
    The world just got a "little" more civil.
    The Ice Cream Lady Wet her drawers........To see you in the Passion Playyyy eeee - I. Anderson

    "It's kind of like deciding not to date a beautiful blonde anymore because she farted." - Top Cat

    I was expecting to be kinda meh, but it made my nips stiffen - Jerjo

    (Zamran) "that fucking thing man . . . it sits there on my wall like a broken clock " - Helix

    Social Media is the "Toilet" of the Internet - Lady Gaga

  19. #19
    Marklar Jimmy Giant's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Baltimore, MD
    Posts
    174
    He was a jackass. Fool. Self important. Not funny. Insult to intelligence.
    F off dickhead.
    I hope the universe finds a nice dark little corner for whatever he was made of and doesn't bother anyone else.
    ....not that I'm bitter
    JG

    "MARKLAR!"

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Giant View Post
    ...Not funny...
    especially.
    Orange is the new stupid.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •