Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Fish - Weltschmerz

Fish - Weltschmerz

Sounds like it may finally be coming out in May 2020.

Good to hear!!! Love everything he’s ever done!
    So much music....so little time....

I wonder how the remasters are coming along ...

Quote Originally Posted by mnprogger View Post
    Sounds like it may finally be coming out in May 2020.

Bring it on! I've been enjoying the EP for more than a year now. No doubt the arrangements have changed.

Coming in June per FB:

With the 'Weltschmerz' album scheduled for release in June I've decided to delete 'Parley with Angels' and as such it is now a limited edition of 7000 copies with less than a few hundred left in stock. The 3 new tracks will be on the 'Weltschmerz' album with slightly different mixes planned but the live tracks will only be available on download once the title is deleted.

It's going to be a collectors item in the future and any purchases all go to support the completion of the 'Weltschmerz' album. Any support you can give us is truly appreciated as I move into this next big undertaking.

radio edit of the title track

July 10th
    The new album by the same title will be released on July 10th 2020 and all preorders can be secured at www.fishmusic.scot

Pretty decent rocker.

Some updates from Fish

I think it's his best solo album but I'm not a huge fan so what do I know? It's even better than A Feast Of Consequences!!!

IMHO
    The Prog Corner

I have the CD pre-ordered, but it has not arrived yet. Really looking forward to this. "Feast" was a fantastic album IMO.

Weltschmerz is fine but I prefer A Feast Of Consequences which might even be the best Fish album ever.
    My progressive music site: https://pienemmatpurot.com/ Reviews in English: https://pienemmatpurot.com/in-english/

The big man has been rushed off his feet packaging and posting all the pre-orders from his home, but it's paid off sales wise.

If his album had been eligible for inclusion in the UK albums charts, it would be at No 2 as I write this.

It's been disqualified because the album is 100% independent, and is not being issued to retailers at all (especially Amazon), because he doesn't want fans fleeced by huge mark-ups.

Nevertheless, quite an achievement, and perhaps a ray of hope and inspiration for other independent musicians.

I love Fish but 33.00 for the cd and nearly 50.00 for the lp. The shipping makes these very expensive for those in the US.

Mine just arrived today.

Steve, how is it?

Quote Originally Posted by Brian View Post
    Steve, how is it?
    It is a double album and I have only listened to it all the way through once so far, but I am really digging it.

Fish turned up on, of all places, Gardener's World on BBC2 television tonight.

Banned
    A swan-song but amazing indeed.

A really good album, a little difficult to get though.

This album requires some repeat listens but I'm enjoying it. I reviewed the entirety of the album itself and the packaging/extras of the deluxe edition here.
    Publisher of Michael's Record Collection e-newsletter. Sign up for free at: https://michaelsrecordcollection.substack.com/
    Stories, video, and podcasts at: www.michaelsrecordcollection.com

That is a really nice, thorough review Michael, I enjoyed reading it Thanks for posting.

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Received the deluxe edition a couple of days ago. Mark Wilkinson did a fantastic job on it - it’s one of his best of the deluxe editions. I really like that it incorporates some photos.

My first listen I wasn’t too sure. I really felt like it was missing Frank Usher’s guitar work and lacked guitar solos, and also that Foss Paterson’s keyboards didn’t appear on enough of the album. But on second listen I realized that it did still have some good electric guitar, and also enough beautiful acoustic guitar that it wasn’t lacking a guitar presence. Also, texturally there are enough other elements (pipes, accordion, David Jackson guesting on sax, and some very nice backing and harmony vocals) that it has a rich sound, and, it’s definitely a headphone album!

It doesn’t suffer from the problem of meh-rockers at all, which is a relief. I like every song. The only fault I can find is that for me the song Waverly Steps drags a bit. But overall it’s a fine and fitting last album for the big man. I think there’s also a thread running through the album about refugees, political, social, and personal. There are lots of great lyrics with some accidentally prescient lines and some references to other classic albums. Lots to unravel!

Best, it’s apparently selling very well, so it should give Fish some breathing space and maybe time to work on his autobiography.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Lurker View Post
    This album requires some repeat listens but I'm enjoying it. I reviewed the entirety of the album itself and the packaging/extras of the deluxe edition here.
    Excellent album review, telling me everything I need to know about the music and the contents and packaging.

It's funny to see so many folk mentioning Waverley Steps, as I climbed up them most days on the way to work, before Covid.