Thread: Colin Stetson

Proud Member since 2/2002 UnderAGlassMoon's Avatar

Colin Stetson

I'm not sure if this belongs on the main board or not so I'm going to put it here.

I am sure this amazing musician has been discussed here before, but I couldn't find very much about him. I just recently discovered his music, mostly because of the movie Hereditary, for which he composed the score. Here is a piece from that score, it is the music that is in the final scene.

I find it amazing the sounds he can evoke out of reed instruments, mostly the saxophone. Not something I can listen to a lot, but in small doses, it is fascinating. Any fans around here? Here's another haunting example

Last edited by UnderAGlassMoon; 12-20-2019 at 07:54 PM.
    Eric: "What the hell Hutch, it's all Rush, what if we wanted a little variety?"

Hutch: "Rush is variety, Bitch! Rule number one: in my van, its Rush! All Rush, all the time...no exceptions."

From "Fanboys" 2009.

One of my favorites from 2017:

Subterranean Tapir Hobo Chang Ba's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Gravedigger View Post
    One of my favorites from 2017:

Yeah, this is really the best album I know with him on it. I have the album he did with Mats Gustaffson but duel sax records aren't really my thing, and I've definitely watched a youtube video of two of him doing his thing live, which I do find fasicinating from a purely technical aspect.

I'll investigate that soundtrack album, thanks.
    Please don't ask questions, just use google.

Never let good music get in the way of making a profit.

I'm only here to reglaze my bathtub.