Thread: Liquid Tension DVD

Liquid Tension DVD

Is there any official live dvd releases from Liquid Tension Experiment? Something of good quality? If so, where is the best place to purchase this?
    Thanks for any help with this!

I only know of one place, and its a Dream Theater website the band set up several years back under the name Ytsejam Records. The LA DVD is not in stock, but the NY one is. The main link is here:
    http://www.ytsejamrecords.com/default.asp

For the LTE stuff, I made it easy for you:
    http://www.ytsejamrecords.com/Produc...&idCategory=11

They are listed as official bootlegs. Have you seen either of these? Any preference as to which might be the better show?

Quote Originally Posted by Lou View Post
    They are listed as official bootlegs. Have you seen either of these? Any preference as to which might be the better show?
    I don't own them yet, but did watch several minutes of each, trying to compare it to when I saw them at Nearfest. The NY one is at a small club the fans right up close, so it gives that intimate feel. I don't like the visual of the tiny stage, but the crowd being right on top of them ads to the feeling of being there. For the LA show, they were on a huge stage, which looks great, but then the crowd seems set back pretty far and not as much a part of the show. But the LA show is a little longer, slightly different setlist. So they both have some appeal.
    Last edited by Yanks2014; 03-01-2013 at 08:33 AM.

Not sure what this crappy sounding clip is all about, but it certainly has nothing to do with LTE.

Love me some LTE, I own the box set, and the 2 shows are quite different.

I was at the BB Kings early show, and the late show is featured on the dvd, with clips of the early show. The footage was too dark to use completely. It is a club show, standing room, hands and cameras get in the way of some of the shots, multi camera shoot, but they are on fire, and completely spent by the end.

The CA show was in a nice seated room, it is again quality pro shot w multi cameras. Just lacks the club fire, but the playing again is over the top.

Club show, or nice clean footage, you need to decide, and you cant go wrong with either.

Hope this helps

Thanks for the input guys. Much appreciated!

I too have the boxset and both shows are very good. Excellent sound and video. The NY show is a tighter performance. While the LA show is a little more laid-back which highlights the improve-jazz influences. But both are good. I saw the last night of the tour at San Fransico in a small club for BARfect II.

Quote Originally Posted by Yanks2009 View Post
    Not sure what this crappy sounding clip is all about, but it certainly has nothing to do with LTE.
    I'm sorry I thought I sent it to the Chicago thread. I was really tired when I did it Thomas.

Quote Originally Posted by Rand Kelly View Post
    I'm sorry I thought I sent it to the Chicago thread. I was really tired when I did it Thomas.
    That explains it, not a problem at all then. I am curious about that album though, considering how long it was sitting around unreleased.

Get On This is no longer on Stone Of Sisyphus,because Dwayne Bailey blocked it from being added. A shame because it's the best song on it. I still have a cdr somebody gave me that has it with way better quality than the above clip(that sounds like phaseshifted hell doesn't it?)but I have no idea how to post a cd to you tube. If someone reading this does know....please...teach me and I'll post that track for the world to play.

I think Spotify has the album if you want to listen to it for free,but again Get On This isn't going to be there.