Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: New album by me (that dude from Ephemeral Sun)

Oh dear lord

But hell...I'll join this party with zero regrets and even fewer f*cks

Ephemeral Sun - because I gotta do something about these boxes of CDs in the basement: http://www.ephemeralsun.com

(bonus: cat in background clearly is having a full-on DAFUQ moment )
    Ephemeral Sun - because I gotta do something about these boxes of CDs in the basement: http://www.ephemeralsun.com

For those who still care (and if you do, you're awesome):

Had some minor personal things that distracted me for most of January. But, the CDs are in progress and should be back to me in a few weeks. I'm also starting to resume promotion work a bit. Sending a disc to Echoes, maybe Hearts of Space, etc..

Send it to Scotch and Grey

Quote Originally Posted by battema View Post
    For those who still care (and if you do, you're awesome):

Had some minor personal things that distracted me for most of January. But, the CDs are in progress and should be back to me in a few weeks. I'm also starting to resume promotion work a bit. Sending a disc to Echoes, maybe Hearts of Space, etc..
    I do still care.

Glad to heart he CDs are nearing completion; I've got it saved on my Bandcamp wishlist for when they're ready.

Hope everything's okay, regarding the stuff you had going on in January.

Hi peeps! Hope everyone is well and safe. So....CDS ARE READY

Here's the scoop:

I flat-out suck at shipping so I don't plan to ship any CDs directly via Bandcamp. Instead, I'm working with my awesome bud Steve of Wayside Music / Cuneiform and he will be carrying them in his store. I strongly encourage everyone to head over there next week to buy if they want a copy (I'll be delivering the discs to him this weekend and I'll send an update when it's on the site). Here's why I suggest you go there:

- He'll have the best price, should be $2-3 less than CDBaby or Amazon or anywhere else at this point.
    - He'll have signed copies
    - Since we're not talking thousands of copies, and I know some of you have been holding out...I'll put Bandcamp codes in each signed copy so you'll have it in your BC library if you want it too.

It was so crazy exciting to open that big honking box of CDs. Can't wait to share them with you

New baby in the family!

Hi peeps! Hope everyone is well and safe. So....CDS ARE READY

Here's the scoop:

I flat-out suck at shipping so I don't plan to ship any CDs directly via Bandcamp. Instead, I'm working with my awesome bud Steve of Wayside Music / Cuneiform and he will be carrying them in his store. I strongly encourage everyone to head over there next week to buy if they want a copy (I'll be delivering the discs to him this weekend and I'll send an update when it's on the site). Here's why I suggest you go there:

- He'll have the best price, should be $2-3 less than CDBaby or Amazon or anywhere else at this point.
    - He'll have signed copies
    - Since we're not talking thousands of copies, and I know some of you have been holding out...I'll put Bandcamp codes in each signed copy so you'll have it in your BC library if you want it too.

It was so crazy exciting to open that big honking box of CDs. Can't wait to share them with you
    My fingers will be ready to click on "BUY NOW."

I am quarantined and ready!
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

Thanks for the heads up! I'll be watching the Wayside store closely.

Was hoping to see you at Orion.Oh well.
    NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF STUPID PEOPLE IN LARGE GROUPS!

Prog social distancing
    Last edited by markwoll; 03-12-2020 at 09:56 PM.
    "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it."
    -- Aristotle
    Nostalgia, you know, ain't what it used to be. Furthermore, they tells me, it never was.
    “A Man Who Does Not Read Has No Appreciable Advantage Over the Man Who Cannot Read” - Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by markwoll View Post
    Prog social distancing
    In other words, be a prog fan

I'll take one, extra crispy, please.
    "please do not understand me too quickly"-andre gide

Yup.
    And don't expect eye contact. THAT is a fate worse than a handshake for the newer gen.

Subterranean Tapir Hobo Chang Ba's Avatar
    I shall also purchase.
    No humor please, we're skittish.

Never let good music get in the way of making a profit.

Hi peeps!!

Crazy week, and I know (hope?) many of us are chucking bucks in the general direction of Bandcamp...that said, the CD is finally out and available via Chez Wayside at the BEST price:

http://www.waysidemusic.com/Music-Pr...295992626.aspx

Steve's the man, and to see my little platter listed among his other offerings is one of those "pinch me" moments.

Enjoy!!

Really good news, John. I'm ordering a copy today then.

I've been listening to a fair amount of music while working from home this week, so that is one advantage of quarantining myself I suppose -- that, and practicing the piano.

I'm still trying to figure out what all to buy on Bandcamp today. I've got some spare cash that I'd love to throw at some of my favorite musicians/bands/friends.

Edit: Dang, dude. Only 7 bucks? I'd have gladly paid more.

Aw shucks

Steve actually set the price...so hey, buy a few more things while you're on the site!!

Yeah, I'm doing some re-arranging in the studio right now but hoping to start spending regular time both at the piano and learning the ins/outs of various new gear. Fine way to fend off the solitary crazies!!

Thanks man...I really hope you like the CD. It's just awesome, and it means the world.

I'll order next week when we're flush. This will be fine for getting my late night listen.
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

Well, my CD copy came in the mail Friday -- but I didn't check my mailbox until yesterday.

Thanks for the music, John (and thanks Steve/Wayside for selling it). I'm going to put this on this evening and unwind a bit.

Oh yay, I'm glad! I hope you enjoy

Hi peeps!!

Crazy week, and I know (hope?) many of us are chucking bucks in the general direction of Bandcamp...that said, the CD is finally out and available via Chez Wayside at the BEST price:

http://www.waysidemusic.com/Music-Pr...295992626.aspx

Steve's the man, and to see my little platter listed among his other offerings is one of those "pinch me" moments.

Enjoy!!
    I just ordered, John! I look forward to it!

Oh yay, I'm glad! I hope you enjoy
    Only one listen through this baby so far, but I really like it! My favorite tracks are "When She Calls Me Home" (simply beautiful), and the Collapsing Star suite.

This might not be what you were going for, but at times I was reminded of Anthony Phillips' synth music (his more ambient stuff). That's a good thing, in my book.

I will need more listens to fully digest this of course, so I'm looking forward to that. Also, thanks for signing the digipaks! I always like getting autographed CDs whenever available.