Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: New album by me (that dude from Ephemeral Sun)

I finally got my password straightened and ordered the disc today!
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

Quote Originally Posted by Gizmotron View Post
    I just ordered, John! I look forward to it!
    Oh awesome!! Thanks so much dude, and I hope you enjoy it lots. And thank you as well for helping support Steve & Wayside at the same time

Quote Originally Posted by aith01 View Post
    Only one listen through this baby so far, but I really like it! My favorite tracks are "When She Calls Me Home" (simply beautiful), and the Collapsing Star suite.

This might not be what you were going for, but at times I was reminded of Anthony Phillips' synth music (his more ambient stuff). That's a good thing, in my book.

I will need more listens to fully digest this of course, so I'm looking forward to that. Also, thanks for signing the digipaks! I always like getting autographed CDs whenever available.
    Hey, I love me some Slow Dance, so the Ant reference is all kinds of flattering Yeah..."When She Calls" has been knocking around in my brain for a while but I never really was able to find a home for it until this album. I was really happy with how that one turned out. That one and "Once More Unto the Void" which...that was such a joy when I heard the final mastered version back from James. He got it. And I'll be forever grateful to him for that.

Actually, you can thank Steve for the autographs! Not that I *wouldn't* do it or anything but he specifically indicated that signed copies generally move better and I was more than happy to oblige

I'm glad you're enjoying it! And seriously...thank you all so much for the support. Heroes one and all
    Ephemeral Sun - because I gotta do something about these boxes of CDs in the basement: http://www.ephemeralsun.com

Quote Originally Posted by Jerjo View Post
    I finally got my password straightened and ordered the disc today!
    Sweet! Just don't get that password hacked by Zoom or anything, and end up having your account used to order a whole bunch of my albums actually you know what? Nevermind...let those dice roll how they will
    Ephemeral Sun - because I gotta do something about these boxes of CDs in the basement: http://www.ephemeralsun.com

Quote Originally Posted by battema View Post
    Oh awesome!! Thanks so much dude, and I hope you enjoy it lots. And thank you as well for helping support Steve & Wayside at the same time

Hey, I love me some Slow Dance, so the Ant reference is all kinds of flattering Yeah..."When She Calls" has been knocking around in my brain for a while but I never really was able to find a home for it until this album. I was really happy with how that one turned out. That one and "Once More Unto the Void" which...that was such a joy when I heard the final mastered version back from James. He got it. And I'll be forever grateful to him for that.

Actually, you can thank Steve for the autographs! Not that I *wouldn't* do it or anything but he specifically indicated that signed copies generally move better and I was more than happy to oblige

I'm glad you're enjoying it! And seriously...thank you all so much for the support. Heroes one and all
    Ant, eh?
    Being a huge fan, it will be interesting to see if I hear some of that.

Yes, I too think an autograph is a nice addition. But I want the music of course. The pieces I have heard in the past were very impressive. So I am really looking to forward to see what a full CD of yours will be like. You have some great gear, but best of all, you know what to do to it so that you get great music out of it all.

To no surprise, I have had some free time recently, so I have been doing several projects including getting back to re-setting my studio. I was thinking about you early tonight when I was attaching some great stands to the Korg RADIAS so that it would be at just the right angle. When I get frustrated trying to get everything set up and hooked up correctly, I quietly intone (three times) “What Would John B Do?”

Well, not really, but seriously, you motivate me to get it all done and get to playing and recording. That is a cool thing.

Yay, I'm worthy of a bumper sticker: what would JB do

That's awesome about the studio dude! A good, comfortable workflow is so important...when you get an idea or inspiration, the last thing you want to do is spend 30-45 minutes trying to get things hooked up correctly

Vangelis and his "Direct" setup are for me the goal: be able to go from inspiration to a realized composition in a short a window as possible.

I hope you enjoy the full album as much as you enjoyed the tunes from YT!! And again...thank you so much for being awesome and nabbing a CD from Wayside. I already had to send a second "refill" order to Steve and it was such a treat to know that it's selling well enough to warrant sending more copies

Quote Originally Posted by battema View Post
    Yay, I'm worthy of a bumper sticker: what would JB do

That's awesome about the studio dude! A good, comfortable workflow is so important...when you get an idea or inspiration, the last thing you want to do is spend 30-45 minutes trying to get things hooked up correctly

Vangelis and his "Direct" setup are for me the goal: be able to go from inspiration to a realized composition in a short a window as possible.

I hope you enjoy the full album as much as you enjoyed the tunes from YT!! And again...thank you so much for being awesome and nabbing a CD from Wayside. I already had to send a second "refill" order to Steve and it was such a treat to know that it's selling well enough to warrant sending more copies
    Good news on the sales. Getting a cramp in your signing hand?
    "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it."
    -- Aristotle
    Nostalgia, you know, ain't what it used to be. Furthermore, they tells me, it never was.
    “A Man Who Does Not Read Has No Appreciable Advantage Over the Man Who Cannot Read” - Unknown

I'll do wrist exercises

Just got my copy today - ripping to the computers right now!
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart