Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Dan Rather interviews Jon Anderson

hiding out in treetops, shouting out rude names
    Quote Originally Posted by SunRunner2 View Post
    The only thing that I don't like about Rather interviews is his over-dramatic posing when asking the questions. It is as if he is trying to steal the substance of the exchange before the response is given; he wants to be part of the answer. He can't shake the role he played when on the nightly news ~ when he was the news.
    I never liked that about him. I thought he was pompous way back. The very definition of "news personality".

Quote Originally Posted by Progatron View Post
    So did I. Thoroughly enjoyed the different style Rather brought, and I heard Ged talk about things I had never heard before as a result.
    I'm sure that some artists are a lot easier to interview than others. I thought both Geddy and Jon were willing to answer most anything he asked as best they could. Other artists are only willing to answer what they want to. When Dan asked Jon about a Yes reunion and Jon replied "I'll call you next week." I took it as he didn't really have an answer because things could or could not change in the future.

"Tell me, did the shining, flying, purple wolfhound eventually show you where it was?"

hiding out in treetops, shouting out rude names
    Quote Originally Posted by Fracktured View Post
    When Dan asked Jon about a Yes reunion and Jon replied "I'll call you next week." I took it as he didn't really have an answer because things could or could not change in the future.
    Howe would Jon know?

Besides, people of a certain age and health don't buy green bananas.

Pardon my senility for asking, but is there a link anywhere to watch this interview? I saw the Geddy Interview on Youtube, I could not find this interview there...

Quote Originally Posted by Rajaz View Post

Speaking of Geddy Lee also interviewed), wouldn't it be nice to have a collaboration between Geddy and Jon Anderson? Now that would be a great question for Jon!
    While it would be nice I would have no confidence of such a collaboration ever seeing the light of day. And I wouldn't necessarily completely blame Anderson for that.

Finally watched it. Solid B interview.