Thread: CAN ANYONE TRANSLATE DUTCH

CAN ANYONE TRANSLATE DUTCH

Two cds were ordered from a musician in the Netherlands. The package took a couple weeks to get there and it was opened with the enclosed letter. I'm hoping the letter is from a postal carrier explaining what happened. It doesn't have to be translated word for word, I would just like to know what the letter is explaining. The musician thinks he got ripped off and got real nasty in the letter that he wrote when the money was refunded back to the sender through PayPal. A business isn't going to ripoff someone for two cds when they have been selling his material for a couple decades with no problems. Any help from maybe Trane or Rarebird would be very appreciated.

Thank you,
    Ed

dutch letter.jpg
    NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF STUPID PEOPLE IN LARGE GROUPS!

This according to google translate:
    Recently there was an incident with one of our drivers, including our last one
    postal items were taken by third parties. The postal items were later found by the Polrt1e and to us
    handed over. Here is also a postal item (s) that you send as sender 1s (z1Jn), of which the
    addressee no longer legible due to the damage and / or the contents disappeared Naturally
    we particularly regret the state of affairs. W11 offer our apologies for this
    We believe - despite the damage - to do well to return the mail item to you with this
    letter as an explanation. You will find the mail item (s) in a seal bag.
    If you have any questions about the content of this letter, please contact our colleagues at
    Customer service via the special telephone number 058 2333369. They can be reached from Monday to
    Friday from 8.30 am to 8 pm and on Saturday from 9 am to 4 pm.
    Sincerely,
    Sabrine Hilali
    Customer Process Manager. Quality & Flow
    "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it."
    -- Aristotle
    Nostalgia, you know, ain't what it used to be. Furthermore, they tells me, it never was.
    “A Man Who Does Not Read Has No Appreciable Advantage Over the Man Who Cannot Read” - Mark Twain

Don't hate the Dutch because somebody broke into the mail.
    Last edited by rcarlberg; 12-11-2019 at 08:21 PM.

hiding out in treetops, shouting out rude names
    No

Quote Originally Posted by rcarlberg View Post
    Don't hate the Dutch because somebody broke into the mail.
    It happens everywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by markwoll View Post
    This according to google translate:
    Recently there was an incident with one of our drivers, including our last one
    postal items were taken by third parties. The postal items were later found by the Polrt1e and to us
    handed over. Here is also a postal item (s) that you send as sender 1s (z1Jn), of which the
    addressee no longer legible due to the damage and / or the contents disappeared Naturally
    we particularly regret the state of affairs. W11 offer our apologies for this
    We believe - despite the damage - to do well to return the mail item to you with this
    letter as an explanation. You will find the mail item (s) in a seal bag.
    If you have any questions about the content of this letter, please contact our colleagues at
    Customer service via the special telephone number 058 2333369. They can be reached from Monday to
    Friday from 8.30 am to 8 pm and on Saturday from 9 am to 4 pm.
    Sincerely,
    Sabrine Hilali
    Customer Process Manager. Quality & Flow
    Thanks a lot Mark. I could have probably done that but sometimes it doesn't always come out the correct way. I sent off your translation plus the original document to the musician and hopefully he will recognize that this incident wasn't either party's fault.

You are welcome. Trane ( or another native speaker ) could probably do a better job by reading.
    I made a pdf out of your picture in Adobe acrobat and then used adobe to OCR it to Dutch, then copied it into google translate.
    Typo's happened.
    I hope you can get things straightened out.
    "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it."
    -- Aristotle
    Nostalgia, you know, ain't what it used to be. Furthermore, they tells me, it never was.
    “A Man Who Does Not Read Has No Appreciable Advantage Over the Man Who Cannot Read” - Mark Twain

Huh.....I thought it said "Would You Like A Smoke And A Pancake?"
    The Ice Cream Lady Wet her drawers........To see you in the Passion Playyyy eeee - I. Anderson

"It's kind of like deciding not to date a beautiful blonde anymore because she farted." - Top Cat

I was expecting to be kinda meh, but it made my nips stiffen - Jerjo

(Zamran) "that fucking thing man . . . it sits there on my wall like a broken clock " - Helix

Social Media is the "Toilet" of the Internet - Lady Gaga

Quote Originally Posted by Garyhead View Post
    Huh.....I thought it said "Would You Like A Smoke And A Pancake?"
    I got "Would You Like To Be Spanked With A Sausage Patty". That's why I didn't trust it, they only spank you with the links.

Banned
    ^^^ Well it sounds like somebody here as actually been spanked with a sausage before. Hmmm....

Google got it more or less right. Trust me, I'm a translator

Quote Originally Posted by helicase View Post
    Google got it more or less right. Trust me, I'm a translator
    That's nice to know, but he still hasn't apologized for the nasty letter he wrote blaming someone for the theft of his cds.

"Polrt1e" = Police

Personally I think it's strange the name of the company "Sabrine" works for isn't mentioned in the letter.
    The phone-nummer is from the Dutch post-company Post NL.

Quote Originally Posted by interbellum View Post
    "Polrt1e" = Police

Personally I think it's strange the name of the company "Sabrine" works for isn't mentioned in the letter.
    The phone-nummer is from the Dutch post-company Post NL.
    They work with a lot of subcontractors. A driver for one of them seems to have been robbed. These days mail is often stolen to get personal details which can be used in identity theft.

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Somehow this was Eddie Jobson's fault.

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    Somehow this was Eddie Jobson's fault.
    He's Dutch you know.

Subterranean Tapir Hobo Chang Ba's Avatar
    No but I can reglaze a bathtub.
    Please don't ask questions, just use google.

Never let good music get in the way of making a profit.

I'm only here to reglaze my bathtub.