Thread: Anyone remembers Zut un feu rouge and the great Lars 'Lachen' Jonsson?

Anyone remembers Zut un feu rouge and the great Lars 'Lachen' Jonsson?

Well they have a new record out!! (2019)
    It went totally under the radar.

Personnaly glad to learn that Lars Johnson is back!
    He was also a member of UR Kaos and Songs between cities and waterholes (this last one with Cris Cutler)
    His two solo albums are really great : Music For The Dying Forest released in 1985, and Songs From Cities Of Decay in 1989

https://zutunfeurouge.bandcamp.com/album/childwoods

Enjoy!

M.

Thx so much for the heads up here!

I've got all of what he's done himself - and the entire Bauta roster except for (I think) two titles. One of my fave artists and domains in Scandinavian music.
    "Improvisation is not an excuse for musical laziness" - Fred Frith
    "[...] things that we never dreamed of doing in Crimson or in any band that I've been in," - Tony Levin speaking of SGM

Quote Originally Posted by Maldoror View Post
    Well they have a new record out!! (2019)
    It went totally under the radar.

Personnaly glad to learn that Lars Johnson is back!
    He was also a member of UR Kaos and Songs between cities and waterholes (this last one with Cris Cutler)
    His two solo albums are really great : Music For The Dying Forest released in 1985, and Songs From Cities Of Decay in 1989

https://zutunfeurouge.bandcamp.com/album/childwoods

Enjoy!

M.
    Yes - I love his two solo albums but wasn't very impressed with the new Zut Un Feu Rouge one. Musically its quite ordinary with none of the strangeness and inventiveness of those older ones.

L’achn and Bauta Records released some great stuff
    Copy paste from our Avant Progressive group at FB

- Bauta Records
    This tiny obscure label has been the brainchild of Lach'n' Jonsson have released a slow but steady stream of some high quality albums since the early 80's.
    Iove the Nan MargonI highly recommend this label's releases especially the recently expanded Songs Between ( with Chris Cutler) Förträngt Hushållsarbete Lach'n' Jonsson solos and then Ur Kaos Zut Un Feau Rouge - Check them out

Quote Originally Posted by Scrotum Scissor View Post
    Thx so much for the heads up here!

I've got all of what he's done himself - and the entire Bauta roster except for (I think) two titles. One of my fave artists and domains in Scandinavian music.
    Yes !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, anything involving L.Jonsson / J.Lachen is very interesting.
    Na Margon had interesting compositons, but a bit ruined by the early 90s keyboard tone (for me).

Förträngt Hushållsarbete was very very good, and of course they did the first vinyl release of Kultivator (that have been reissued so many times since then).
    Used to own a solo album by Johan Hedren (ex-Kultivator), but thought it being too abstract and bleak for my taste.

^ Strangely enough, with the exception of Kultivator and Jonsson's very own Songs from Cities of Decay, the finest things to come out of the whole Bauta composit were their latest releases; Ur Kaos' Av Sprucket Ut Är Valt Ett Inuti (from 2000) and indeed Förträngt Hushållsarbete (Offret Om Att Älska from 2003). Both of these are among my fave-25 titles from the past 20 years, and both are completely unique.
    "[...] things that we never dreamed of doing in Crimson or in any band that I've been in," - Tony Levin speaking of SGM

Count me a completist of all his works, solo and with UR KAOS.
    Macht das ohr auf!

COSMIC EYE RECORDS

Quote Originally Posted by Scrotum Scissor View Post
    ^ Strangely enough, with the exception of Kultivator and Jonsson's very own Songs from Cities of Decay, the finest things to come out of the whole Bauta composit were their latest releases; Ur Kaos' Av Sprucket Ut Är Valt Ett Inuti (from 2000) and indeed Förträngt Hushållsarbete (Offret Om Att Älska from 2003). Both of these are among my fave-25 titles from the past 20 years, and both are completely unique.
    For me Songs Between is up there with the very best

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

^ Songs Between Cities & Waterholes, right? The one with Sten Sandell and Nicklas Billström from Kultivator? A really good one, I particularly love Sandell's contribution here. It should have been a full album.

Sandell's Music from a Waterhole from '92 really needs to be heard by more folks. It doesn't sound like anything else I've ever encountered.

The new album is just excellent, one of the best of 2019. I have also been heavily listening to their earlier output and I deem this band to be one of the greatest 80's bands. Like a combination of Gentle Giant and Joy Division. Fantastic stuff, and even more fantastic that they sing in their mother-tongue.

Here's a video from their 2019 album. Not sure why, but I'm getting a Beefheart feel each time I listen to that song.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=I9PNwjD_AFY

Enjoy.

Zut un feu rouge, eh? Bloody hell.
    “your ognna pay pay with my wrath of ballbat”

Bandcamp Profile