Thread: Bio with stories about recording T Plague, 5UUs, etc

Bio with stories about recording T Plague, 5UUs, etc

Some of you might enjoy it: here in my new and still-updating absurdly detailed bio I talk a bit about recording the Thinking Plague albums, Science Group, 5UUs, Knifeworld, obviously my solo stuff, re-wiring a brain, and lots lots lots and lots and lots more:
    http://bdrak.com/bob/bio_page_1.html

BD

Wow, what a labor of love. I'll sit down and read the whole thing as soon as I can squeak out a week or two. I like the fact that there are PITCHURS!

Quote Originally Posted by rcarlberg View Post
    Wow, what a labor of love. I'll sit down and read the whole thing as soon as I can squeak out a week or two. I like the fact that there are PITCHURS!
    Indeed, pitchurs make it more better!
    It is rather a lot, but I finally had enough of the half-correct or decades out-of-date bits other people had written about me and my work, and thought some of my stories might be inspiring to someone else, or at least fun to read. But finally it was an abcessed tooth and 4 days of waiting to get to the dentist that finally made me sit down and type for days, and scrape together and edit the attempts I'd started over the years!

BD

Wow - great !

Thank god for abcessed teeth.

Thank you.
    It is not often that I can take a trip through someone else's life.
    As a consumer of music the whole 'backstory', (creative processes, fits and starts, successes , etc) are the stuff of imagination.
    Not my life, more similar than different in some ways. Very cool of you to share.
    "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it."
    -- Aristotle
    Nostalgia, you know, ain't what it used to be. Furthermore, they tells me, it never was.
    “A Man Who Does Not Read Has No Appreciable Advantage Over the Man Who Cannot Read” - Mark Twain

And the code is a play, a play is a song, a song is a film, a film is a dance...

Very cool!

Banned
    Great stuff! Reading with interest. Great story and lesson about RIO there. I can identify with a lot of the more prosaic stuff like digging "The Outer Limits" and spending a lot of time in the basement making Creepy Crawlers! LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by rcarlberg View Post
    Thank god for abcessed teeth.
    And antibiotics! Man that took the pain away within a few hours. But for those several days before, all that typing and collecting the photos etc helped me not to focus on the dental agony.

Bob, did you or any of your musical associates ever play at a Boulder bar called "The Walrus" in the early 80's? I remember seeing a band there that totally blew my mind. Can't remember their name, but there was a stick player, I think. Really great music. Sounds like something you or Mike may have been involved in.

If it was a trio, they had a stick player and it was early 80's, it was almost certainly a group called Intuition. Does that ring a bell? Neither Mike nor I were in it but they were friends of ours, Jim Wright was the stick player, Chris Hewitt (RIP) on keyboards and Clay Bielman on drums. Jim has a Bandcamp page: https://jimwright.bandcamp.com/
    Bob

Quote Originally Posted by Guitarplyrjvb View Post
    Bob, did you or any of your musical associates ever play at a Boulder bar called "The Walrus" in the early 80's? I remember seeing a band there that totally blew my mind. Can't remember their name, but there was a stick player, I think. Really great music. Sounds like something you or Mike may have been involved in.
    Last edited by Bob Drake; 12-04-2019 at 11:47 AM. Reason: Remembered the drummer's name!

Thanks, Bob! I believe it was a trio. They probably couldn’t have fit more than 3 into the corner allotted them! Love your music!