Thread: Adrian Belew joins NIN!

Adrian Belew joins NIN!

Adrian Belew was just announced as the new guitarist for NIN.

What a great gig for Belew!

I'm not a huge NIN fan, but I'm happy for Belew.

http://www.progrockmag.com/news/king...ne-inch-nails/
    And if there were a god, I think it very unlikely that he would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence - Russell

meimjustalawnmower
    Quote Originally Posted by simon moon View Post
    Adrian Belew was just announced as the new guitarist for NIN.
    NO FREAKIN' WAY!!!

Belew has been playing guitar on NIN albums since The Downward Spiral in 1994.

It's funny, NIN has consistently been far more "progressive" than a ton of the genesis/yes clonage that passes for official, real "prog". Trent has pushed the envelope on synth sounds, general electronic aesthetic, and raising the bar for a full-on, multimedia show with incredible sound and music. Concept albums, epic songs, he's incredible, but gets pigeonholed as the "Head Like A Hole Industrial Guy"

So this is a great great idea by him, and with a guy he's worked with for 20 yrs or so. Auto Buy.

Andre, you are one of the most gracious people on the face of the Earth. xo

Quote Originally Posted by Andre C View Post
    It's funny, NIN has consistently been far more "progressive" than a ton of the genesis/yes clonage that passes for official, real "prog".
    Why do people feel the need to say things like this on a prog site? Everything we discuss here on the main page IS real prog. Otherwise it would be on the OT forum. No need to raise up NIN by bringing down other groups in the genre. As to NIN being proggy, well I guess YMMV. Creative, yeah, proggy? I'll leave that to their fans to decide.

Quote Originally Posted by Andre C View Post
    Trent has pushed the envelope on synth sounds, general electronic aesthetic, and raising the bar for a full-on, multimedia show with incredible sound and music.
    But has he ever worn a silver cape?

I knew Belew was on the Ghosts 1 - 4 album. I really like that album. Completely different to other NIN albums — it's all instrumental!