Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789

Thread: Childhood Should Have Killed Us - OK, Boomer Edition

I miss having only one kind of stiffness in the morning as opposed to the several types I have now.
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

Quote Originally Posted by Duncan Glenday View Post
    No worries - we were young and immortal and we could beat up any bad guys!

In some ways, I miss the over-confidence of youth
    It's just such a weird concept to me. Plus, just recently I was watching a show about a guy who confessed in a letter to killing eleven girls but since has said the opposite. They were trying to connect him to these crimes and a lot of the girls vanished while hitchhiking and this was the early '70's. So it had to be somewhat known that it was taking a chance.

Of course most here are guys so it's a bit different in that regard but still, I'm wowed that you would take that risk.
    Carry On My Blood-Ejaculating Son - JKL2000

Quote Originally Posted by TheLoony View Post
    It's just such a weird concept to me. Plus, just recently I was watching a show about a guy who confessed in a letter to killing eleven girls but since has said the opposite. They were trying to connect him to these crimes and a lot of the girls vanished while hitchhiking and this was the early '70's. So it had to be somewhat known that it was taking a chance.

Of course most here are guys so it's a bit different in that regard but still, I'm wowed that you would take that risk.
    There was a Freakonomics episode that discussed this. These days there's a commonly held belief that it's dangerous due to some high profile cases of kidnapping, etc. but apparently, statistically speaking, it isn't as risky as we're led to believe.

Edit:

This is the episode I heard.

http://freakonomics.com/podcast/wher...radio-podcast/
    Last edited by Plasmatopia; 12-20-2019 at 05:14 PM.
    <sig out of order>