Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 47

Thread: Nektar - The Other Side (2020) Cherry Red Rec./Esoteric Antenna (New Studio Allbum)

  1. #1

    Nektar - The Other Side (2020) Cherry Red Rec./Esoteric Antenna (New Studio Allbum)

    THE STUNNING NEW STUDIO ALBUM FROM THE LEGENDARY NEKTAR
    Released January 24, 2020.

    https://www.cherryred.co.uk/product/...other-side-cd/

    Esoteric Antenna is delighted to announce the release of the stunning new studio album by the legendary band Nektar. Throughout the 1970s Nektar released a series of acclaimed albums, scoring chart success in Germany (where the British band was based) and later in the USA (where the band relocated). Following the passing of original guitarist / vocalist Roye Albrighton in 2016, fellow founder members Derek “Mo” Moore (bass, vocals), Ron Howden (drums, vocals) & Mick Brockett (lyrics, visual conceptions) reunited along with Randy Dembo (bass, 12-string guitar), Ryche Chlanda (guitar, vocals) & Kendall Scott (keyboards) to begin work on a new album.

    Ryche Chlanda originally recorded with Nektar in 1978, and for “The Other Side” the band updated some of those ideas which evolved in the basement of Mo Moore’s house in Chatham, New Jersey. Ron Howden, Mo and Ryche collaborated on much of the music heard on the album. The 1978 unrecorded song ‘Skypilot’ has evolved into ‘Skywriter’ in 2020.

    ‘I’m On Fire’ is the musical adaptation of a poem written by Mo for his soon-to-be wife, Nicki, during that same time period of 1978. The closing track, ‘Devil’s Door’, was originally performed live in 1974, but never featured on a Nektar album. Updated and recorded for this album, the song features the presence of the late Roye Albrighton on the introduction to the track, whose wonderful guitar part was taken from a live soundboard recording made in 1974.

    Kendall Scott’s distinctive & versatile keyboard presence has enhanced this considerably, whilst Randy Dembo, who originally joined Nektar in 2004, brings a uniting presence on 12-string and bass guitars, rounding out the instrumental arrangements. Ron Howden has been a continual driving force of the band, weathering all versions of Nektar since its conception in 1969. With Mick Brockett now back in the fold (with his visual concepts and ideas as an essential part of the band making the music and light theatre a reality). “The Other Side” is a stunning album from a legendary band.

    TRACK LISTING

    1. I’m On Fire
    2. SkyWriter
    3. Love Is / The Other Side
    4. Drifting
    5. Devil’s Door
    6. The Light Beyond
    7. Look Through me
    8. Y Cant I B More Like U (2020)


  2. #2
    Will the CD be available on Amazon, CD Baby or other sites in the US? If not, how much is shipping to the US?
    Thanks so much.

  3. #3
    Member Top Cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    N of Clearwater, Florida
    Posts
    1,497
    I'm so glad I supported Nektar and ordered the vinyl version. Having this cover on a album jacket is almost worth it by itself.
    Soundcloud page: Open Window, musical meanderings https://soundcloud.com/precipice Bandcamp: https://richardhermans.bandcamp.com

  4. #4
    They are coming to the Sellersville theater in January.

  5. #5
    Praying mightily that they SOME-HOW come down to Atlanta.
    G.A.S -aholic

  6. #6
    Member srtd4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Buffalo, NY
    Posts
    31
    Quote Originally Posted by rapidfirerob View Post
    Will the CD be available on Amazon, CD Baby or other sites in the US?
    Pre-sales have started at the Nektar website: https://nektarsmusic.com
    And they currently have 25 tour dates listed so far........

    Scott
    https://radiospiral.net

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by srtd4 View Post
    Pre-sales have started at the Nektar website: https://nektarsmusic.com
    And they currently have 25 tour dates listed so far........

    Scott
    https://radiospiral.net
    It's $24 including shipping. That's why I asked if it would be for sale in the US.

  8. #8
    Member Top Cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    N of Clearwater, Florida
    Posts
    1,497
    Quote Originally Posted by rapidfirerob View Post
    It's $24 including shipping. That's why I asked if it would be for sale in the US.
    Please keep in mind, Nektar has no financial backing other than the Kickstarter campaign. There is no wealthy business person who loves their music so much they are funding them, there is no backing from a record company, this is Nektar taking the music bull by the horns and doing it themselves. As much as we love Nektar, millions of fans won't be ordering the album and it costs a lot to manufacture and the smaller the order the more you pay.

    When the album is offered on Amazon, iTunes, CD Baby, etc they each get a cut from the sale of each album. The best place for a band to receive the highest amount in return is Bandcamp.
    I would urge MO and Nektar to start a Bandcamp page and sell the digital downloads, cds and vinyl from that site. Setting up a page is very easy, I even did it and they handle all the financial transactions such as PayPal or credit for you.
    You would be in good company as well, Peter Gabriel has moved his entire disocgraphy over to Bandcamp and is now available there.
    Soundcloud page: Open Window, musical meanderings https://soundcloud.com/precipice Bandcamp: https://richardhermans.bandcamp.com

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    Please keep in mind, Nektar has no financial backing other than the Kickstarter campaign. There is no wealthy business person who loves their music so much they are funding them, there is no backing from a record company, this is Nektar taking the music bull by the horns and doing it themselves. As much as we love Nektar, millions of fans won't be ordering the album and it costs a lot to manufacture and the smaller the order the more you pay.

    When the album is offered on Amazon, iTunes, CD Baby, etc they each get a cut from the sale of each album. The best place for a band to receive the highest amount in return is Bandcamp.
    I would urge MO and Nektar to start a Bandcamp page and sell the digital downloads, cds and vinyl from that site. Setting up a page is very easy, I even did it and they handle all the financial transactions such as PayPal or credit for you.
    You would be in good company as well, Peter Gabriel has moved his entire disocgraphy over to Bandcamp and is now available there.
    Yes, please!

  10. #10
    The new album is great. I was not sure exactly what to expect, but my expectations were definitely exceeded. Congrats to Nektar for a release that serves the legacy just fine!
    Orange is the new stupid.

  11. #11
    Member Steve F.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Fluffy Cloud
    Posts
    3,337
    Quote Originally Posted by rapidfirerob View Post
    Will the CD be available on Amazon, CD Baby or other sites in the US? If not, how much is shipping to the US?
    Thanks so much.
    Yes, it will be.
    Steve F.

    www.waysidemusic.com
    www.cuneiformrecords.com

    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

    This space for rent: Well established location. Perfect opportunity for an up and coming smart-ass to benefit from our years of provocation!

    "You run a great label, but sometimes you go out of your way to be a jerk." - Jed Levin

    "Death to false 'support the scene' prog!"

    please add 'imo' wherever you like, to avoid offending those easily offended.

  12. #12
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Aptos, CA
    Posts
    1,348
    Hey Ron,
    I know you were at kick starter supporter and just wondering if Nektar sent you the digital copy of the album already. I was a supporter as well but have not received anything. You may just be referring to the samples....getting excited to hear this.

  13. #13
    Member Top Cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    N of Clearwater, Florida
    Posts
    1,497
    Quote Originally Posted by markowitz View Post
    Hey Ron,
    I know you were at kick starter supporter and just wondering if Nektar sent you the digital copy of the album already. I was a supporter as well but have not received anything. You may just be referring to the samples....getting excited to hear this.
    mark, I was also a Kickstarter supporter and received a mp3 digital download just after Christmas.
    Please PM me.
    Soundcloud page: Open Window, musical meanderings https://soundcloud.com/precipice Bandcamp: https://richardhermans.bandcamp.com

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by srtd4 View Post
    Pre-sales have started at the Nektar website: https://nektarsmusic.com
    And they currently have 25 tour dates listed so far........

    Scott
    https://radiospiral.net

    The Middle East in Boston/Cambridge will really be a treat; they're playing the smaller upstairs room. Some of you may have seen the Flower Kings up there a few years back.

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by markowitz View Post
    Hey Ron,
    I know you were at kick starter supporter and just wondering if Nektar sent you the digital copy of the album already. I was a supporter as well but have not received anything. You may just be referring to the samples....getting excited to hear this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    mark, I was also a Kickstarter supporter and received a mp3 digital download just after Christmas.
    Please PM me.
    Yep, that's what i got, too. I kicked in $75.00. Maybe there was a certain level.

    Check your spam or reach out to the band.
    Orange is the new stupid.

  16. #16
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Aptos, CA
    Posts
    1,348
    Let me check my mail! It probably was sent and I missed it! Thanks

  17. #17
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Aptos, CA
    Posts
    1,348
    Doooooh!
    Late to the party
    Thanks

  18. #18
    Member rickawakeman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    West of Worcester (Western Massachusetts)
    Posts
    524
    Quote Originally Posted by bRETT View Post
    The Middle East in Boston/Cambridge will really be a treat; they're playing the smaller upstairs room. Some of you may have seen the Flower Kings up there a few years back.
    I just got my ticket for the Iron Horse show in February, which is also an intimate club setting. I've been checking out camples online and the clip from ProgStock and they sound great! Any chance of coming west Brett?

  19. #19
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Kalamazoo Michigan
    Posts
    3,681
    Just scored tickets tonight for the Detroit show at The Token Lounge. It's a 2 hour drive from Kalamazoo, but Nektar will be worth it. Also bringing my sister and a friend who lives near Ann Arbor. I have never been to this venue, but heard good things about it.

  20. #20
    Member rickawakeman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    West of Worcester (Western Massachusetts)
    Posts
    524
    I have that six minute slog home from the Horse.

  21. #21
    California ... pleeease...
    Maka ki ecela tehani yanke lo!

  22. #22
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Upstate NY
    Posts
    238
    Quote Originally Posted by rickawakeman View Post
    I have that six minute slog home from the Horse.
    The Iron Horse is a nice place. I've seen Richard Thompson and Boiled In Lead there a few times.
    If Nektar wasn't playing in Albany (< 10 minutes from where I work), a trip to the Horse would have strongly considered.

  23. #23

  24. #24
    Member moecurlythanu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    The Planet Lovetron
    Posts
    6,480
    ^ Like it!
    "If you want to see the true nature of humanity, just look at the internet."

    http://www.discogs.com/user/moecurlythanu/collection

  25. #25
    ^^ That one goes way back to when Roye was in the band and includes him in the beginning from a live performance.
    Orange is the new stupid.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •